PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Lugft Huron model

Tulkas
08-01-2011, 16:30
Hi there,

I'm thinking about ordering IA 9 & 10, as the Badab War really intrigues me. I was also wondering to order the Huron model along with it, as at the present, I don't see any specific Astral Claws logo's and such, making this guy a perfect proxy for a Celestial Lion character (so far). Therefor I was hoping one of you guys might have the model, and can tell me wether or not there are Astral Claw specifics on him that might require removing before I can use him as a CL.

Also, if you can answer me this, how much of the IA 9 and IA 10 books are fluff and how much is rules etc? I'm mostly interested in the background on the Chapters that were involved, but if its only like 5 to 10% fluff, I might have to reconsider getting them, considering the pricetag.

Any info and insight about this is more than welcome.

Thanks.

Sabe
08-01-2011, 17:16
He has a small Maelstrom symbol on his right leg and another on the back banner but their super easy to file off. Other than that nothing really.

Havarel
08-01-2011, 17:44
IA 9 is about 70% fluff. The first 40-odd pages cover the war itself in some detail, then each chapter covered in the book gets 3-4 pages of (detailed) background info and several fantastic pictures. Overall the book is about 2/3rds background info, the final third covering the rules for boarding missions, campaign and the special characters. It's a great book, so glad I decided to get it. Now to get my hands on IA 10.

Tulkas
08-01-2011, 19:18
Ah, so that's what that swirly thing was. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of banners anyway, and that leg icon is easily removable I've seen. If IA ten is just as good as Havarel says 9 is, I'm ordering them.

Thanks for the replies guys.

jt.glass
08-01-2011, 19:31
IA 9 is about 70% fluff.I was foing to say a little over half, but 70% is probably about right... I've lent my book to a mate against whom I will be playing the campaign later this year.

IA10 is similar.

jt.