PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Podcast

Prophet21
10-01-2011, 03:43
I m looking for a good Fantasy only podcast. Dont know of any, so any info is appreciated.
Thanks,

Uberskooper
10-01-2011, 04:05
Podhammer and Bad Dice are the biggest all-Warhammer-Fantasy podcasts. Whether you think they are good or not depends on what you are looking for. I want to hear about tactics and army reviews. While both podcasts have some of this, a lot of the content ends up being talking about tournaments and making dick and fart jokes. I don't follow tournaments and I don't care about what some guy thinks about another guy's game. You have to skip around and hunt for the good bits.

Prophet21
10-01-2011, 04:07
I tried to listen to Podhammer, and it was like you said mosre tounry talk and dick jokes.

TheYoungin
10-01-2011, 05:42
Uberskooper you beat me to it.

giant stegadon
10-01-2011, 06:50
Is Podhammer the Aussies? If so, they suck. Its literally just listening to a table of guys trying way too hard to act cool.

Bad Dice isn't bad- but you'll have to be willing to listen to a lot about the UK tourney scene. There's not so much in the way of tactics. The English phrases make me chuckle.

Gazak Blacktoof
10-01-2011, 09:04
Bad dice and heelan hammer are the ones I listen to (links in sig). I also listen to d6 generation and precinct omega for a bit more diversity.

I used to listen to podhammer but the increasingly crass language, humour and the musical interludes since the change to a live format have put me off.

Worlds end radio, features better behaved aussies, but it's not WHFB only.

EDIT: You may want to have a look through old posts of Warseer's podcast section http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=131

Jim
10-01-2011, 11:56
Podhammer has really gone off the boil recently - it seems to be more about Flames of War these days and just incessant bad language and general chit chat...

I hope they get their focus back because I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about stopping listening to them.

Otherwise Bad Dice is good and I've just started listening to HeelanHammer as well...

Jim

Arnizipal
10-01-2011, 12:12
I m looking for a good Fantasy only podcast. Dont know of any, so any info is appreciated.
Thanks,
Have a look at our Podcast Forum (http://www.warseer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=131), but you most likely were already aware of its existance.

bluemage
10-01-2011, 15:22
I listen to Heelan Hammer and Bad Dice, though Heelan Hammer is much better imo. I stoped listening to Podhammer as the show is just getting worse. I've recently tried listening to Garagehammer, not sure if I would recommend it or not, but it exists and is about warhammer fantasy.

tmarichards
10-01-2011, 16:46
Heelanhammer and Bad Dice are the 2 I listen to most, Podhammer is ok but I end up just getting annoyed when they spend ages talking about Flames of War, and they also make a lot of rules mistakes. Still fun to listen to though, but if you're a competative player you can disregard most of their experience.

Worlds End Radio covers all the main game systems, but when they do do a fanstasy show it's very very good.

rmb43
10-01-2011, 17:39
As a casual gamer, my favorite podcasts are Garagehammer and The Waaagh Cast. I also like Bad Dice and HeelanHammer, but as others have stated, they talk a lot about the UK tourny scene which doesn't apply to me.

Immo
11-01-2011, 16:46
Podhammer and Bad Dice are the biggest all-Warhammer-Fantasy podcast

Says who? ;)

D

TheYoungin
11-01-2011, 22:33
Oh and Malorians podcast is great! Just go to youtube and search up MrMalorian and you'll have lots of fun.

tmarichards
11-01-2011, 22:38
Says who? ;)

D

Dan Heelan!? On Warseer!? Save me a ticket for the SCGT pleasepleaseplease :)

Malorian
12-01-2011, 20:19
Oh and Malorians podcast is great! Just go to youtube and search up MrMalorian and you'll have lots of fun.

I was going to toot my own horn but I'm not just fantasy.

Recently I've caught the 40k bug :eek:

I don't know how you are defining podcast, but OnceBitten's channel is completely fantasy.

He does brets but is moving to beastmen.

N810
12-01-2011, 20:21
Ohh noo Malorian has fallen to the Dark Side. :evilgrin:

Prophet21
12-01-2011, 21:10
I don't know how you are defining podcast, but OnceBitten's channel is completely fantasy.

He does brets but is moving to beastmen.

I am jsut wanting something to learn more about the game and tactics. With out all the dick jokes.

BaSe
12-01-2011, 21:56
I listen to the usual, podhammer bad dice and heelanhammer. Also two gamer radio is also good. I occasionally listen to the waaagh cast but it's American (not that that makes a difference but they never sound excited) and not up to the standard of the above.

TheYoungin
13-01-2011, 06:41
NOOOOOO Brian how could you? No all jokes, I caught the bug a while ago too, I bought about 1300 points of dark angelsand painted them up really nice but I haven't even tried playing a game yet.

Tavendale
13-01-2011, 17:16
I love Bad Dice and got a few of my clubmates listening to it.
Podhammer, didn't like so much.

Gonna have to give Heelanhammer a go.