PDA

View Full Version : 40k Animal rules

Ultrasmurf
10-01-2011, 06:00
I remember on the old games workshop website there were rules to include animals in your games well i have been searching everywhere but cant find it if anyone has a link to it please send it

Justicar_Freezer
10-01-2011, 06:03
Wasn't that the chapter appproved Creature Feature? If so maybe that'll help ya out in your search.

Alessander
10-01-2011, 08:39
if you can't find something on the GW site anymore, use archive.org

Alessander
10-01-2011, 08:41
... and have fun with the Enslaver rules =C). They are so OP it's insane!

Ultrasmurf
10-01-2011, 11:54
Thanks everyone i just found them

Long_Fang
10-01-2011, 12:37
Can you please post a link here so I can DL the rules as well.

Thanks.

nedius
10-01-2011, 12:45
The Creature Feature rules were really good.

They deliberately overpoint things, so you could make your own monsters, but they'd cost you for doing so!

But, if you bend the rules a little, you can use them to make and point a whole host of movie and other sci monsters! I made aliens and predators, triffids, dr who baddies, Stargate Jaffa... all sorts! Was good fun!

ChaosTicket
10-01-2011, 18:11
The creature features were nice to add some new fauna, including a big improvement for Rough Riders using Grox instead of horses.

Alessander
10-01-2011, 22:24
there were 3 articles; original a Chapter Approved: Creature Feature in the US white dwarf, that listed rules for a handful of unique creatres like the catachan devil, the catachan barking toad and the enslavers (available here http://redelf.narod.ru/w40k/w40k_z_creature.html), then a reprint in the UK WD that had some sentences accidnetly cut off at towards the end of the article. Then there was a separate article with more of a "generate your own critters" spin found here: http://www.advancedtautactica.com/resource/CreatureFeatureGenerator.pdf

Sgt John Keel
10-01-2011, 22:40
I think there were two articles in the UK White Dwarfs actually.

Indeed:

WD 292 has: Catachan Devils; Enslavers; Giant Reptiles; Crotalids; The Living Dead; Native Hunting Beasts; Lesser Catachan Barking Toads; Xenos Mounts

WD 314 has: Catachan Devils; Crotalids; Ferro-Beasts; Slasher Beasts; Grox; The Siltwalkers of Jalgrax V; Lesser Catachan Barking Toads and three scenarios.

The rules for the creatures that appear in both vary somewhat between the articles

zantis
11-01-2011, 00:07
just read the enslaver rules and I wonder how they got past playtesting.
The rules were a little bit vague but i thought this up:
6 enslavers - 510
5 dice each
x2 infantry platoon - 385 each (770 total)
....command squad w/hvy bolter team
....2 infantry squads w/hvy bolter teams
....3 heavy weapons squads w/autocannons
5 vendettas - 700
hvy bolter sponsons

most of this list doesnt really need to move so you dont need to waste 2 dice on a unit. only 2 vendettas should ever have to move to carry the enslavers around. so with 30 enslavement dice, 17 need to be used on the IG units, that leaves 13 to be used to disable the enemy army. Just use the dice to disable important opposing units.

not sure how it would do, but it would be really annoying to have your best units being mind controlled

Long_Fang
11-01-2011, 09:12
Great, thank you for the links Alessander.

cornonthecob
11-01-2011, 18:45
The barking toad was certainly funny, it just explodes killing everything within a certain radius.