PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get pocket sized rule book

Sir Motor
11-01-2011, 13:38
Hi

I'm new to warhammer.
And now I want to get rule book.

I do not want to have a big one.
Tho I do not want to buy starter cuz I play beastmen.

So I want to buy pocket sized one from starter,separrately.
I checked several site.But all are out of stock.

Is there any good way to get rule book?

tr1pod
11-01-2011, 13:51
The only way I know is to buy Island of Blood, which is fine if you want to play either Skaven or High Elves.

venomx51
11-01-2011, 13:53
There are usually a few on eBay where people split the start box and sell everything individually.

giant stegadon
11-01-2011, 15:23
ebay or even ask/post something at your local store- there has to be a couple people with extras.

sssk
11-01-2011, 15:31
Considering the quality of the miniatures in island of blood, there must be a fair few skaven/high elf players out there who bought 2 of the box to get lost of models for their army, and then sell off the other army and spare rulebook to raise a bit of money for other units.

I'd cruise ebay if I were you. If you search for long enough you'll be able to get a badly listed copy relatively cheaply.

tezza21
11-01-2011, 16:37
I'm in the same situation mate there going for about 12 to 14 quid on ebay mate

sssk
11-01-2011, 17:06
hmmm, by that logic, it might be cheaper to get the island of blood set, keep the rulebook, sell the rest on ebay. A bit of a hit and miss tactic, but it could work.

I guess alternatively you could convince yourself to collect skaven or high elves....

SkawtheFalconer
11-01-2011, 17:25
hmmm, by that logic, it might be cheaper to get the island of blood set, keep the rulebook, sell the rest on ebay. A bit of a hit and miss tactic, but it could work.

I did this. It may also be worth asking any Skaven/HE players you know if they want to purchase some of the sprues from you before you buy boxed set.

Bearing in mind what the rule book goes for on ebay, you should be able to "break even", with luck.

Boost your ebay sales with a post in warseer's trading forum, too. ;)

TheYoungin
11-01-2011, 18:49
Check ebay or possibly even amazon. I know that people will often buy the Island of Blood and seperate all the components and sell them seperate on eBay trying to make some profit. But they often start the bidding very low at like a few bucks for the rulebook.
Hope I was of some help.

The bearded one
11-01-2011, 19:23
Punch someone in the face and steal his rulebook.

If GW were to sell the pocketsized rulebooks seperately those things would probably sell like crazy. But then again it'd infringe on the sales of their big books. Who'd buy the big book if you can get a small one that's much more handy and far cheaper.

logan054
11-01-2011, 20:02
I bought mine on here for 8, a guy had a load of boxes he had split and was selling all the bits off, why not have a look through the trade forum here, if not then the other option is to just look on ebay, I think you can usually buy it for about 10-15.

Novrain
12-01-2011, 10:02
Try tis very website, I snapped up one for me when IoB first came out, then grabbed a second for a friend just a month ago. they are deffo still out there.

Also, quick tip, put what you are looking for in your signature, its amazing how many offers I get out of the blue sometimes.

Colonel_kex
12-01-2011, 11:31
Considering the quality of the miniatures in island of blood, there must be a fair few skaven/high elf players out there who bought 2 of the box to get lost of models for their army, and then sell off the other army and spare rulebook to raise a bit of money for other units.

.. i bought four :angel:

PM me your adress and you can have it if you just pay for postage!