PDA

View Full Version : Some skaven help, please

PoorFlory
11-01-2011, 23:29
Returning to fantasy after quite along time of playing 40k. I plan on playing tournaments, so here's my question.

I love Clan Skryre. I'd like to make a list build around Ikit and Skryre models. I very much dislike orges, plague monks and gutter/night runners. Wondering if I'm shooting myself in the foot for a competitive list or if I'll be able to manage something.

Thanks.

Ultimate Life Form
12-01-2011, 03:04
Well, you're always shooting yourself in the foot if you purposely restrict your own options. Thankfully, however, the Skaven list offers more than enough so it would be virtually impossible to take everything anyway.

The backbone of the army are lots of large (and I mean large) infantry blocks like Slaves, Clanrats and Stormvermin. The rest is really only there to spice things up. As long as you meet this crucial criterion, you should be relatively fine.

Skryre means going shooting heavy, so pack a bunch of the new Warp Lightning Cannons, a Doomwheel, a few Warlocks and maybe a few Jezzails if you feel like it and your opponent will have something to deal with, especially now that Warmachines do no longer have to guess.

It's not the most balanced list there is, but it can do serious damage against some armies.