PDA

View Full Version : New Player - Question about SC's

Warrior of Chaos
14-01-2011, 18:14
Hello all,

I'm new to the game and have only been playing since 8th Edition, and i've been sifting through these forums looking for advice and rules clairifications. One thing that i've seen on alot of the posts is the general consensus that "Teclis" is one of the most despised SC's. I play WoC, and have never played against HE or even seen their Army Book, but what are the abilities of Teclis that cause so much woe? Some peeps make it sound like he is an army unto himself. This question is more for my knowledge than anything else, but it definately peaked my curiosity given the responses to this HE mage. Also people mention the Book of Hoeth. What does it do?

a18no
14-01-2011, 18:23
He fully know the lore he choose
Generate D3 power dice AND D3 dispel dice
He have a dispel scroll that can destroy the spell
He have a book of hoeth on, so he will always cast spell with IF with any double
He can ignore one miscast per phase (so correcting the downside of the previous power)
Ld 10.. when other High elf lord mage have 9

What he don't have: T2, when elf are T3, 1 attacks like any other mage, but get a sword that always wounds on 2+ with no armor save (so his strength is cover). He have no protection at all (no armor, no ward)

I've made a addition with him, he's worth a little more than 600pts and you pay 475pts for him if I remember right.

IcedCrow
14-01-2011, 18:36
Yeah. Basically he is worth a lot more than you pay for him.

Warrior of Chaos
14-01-2011, 18:51
Thanks guys. I can see the obvious problem he presents now. Appreciate the responses.

Demon-cookie
14-01-2011, 20:30
from experience i've found its more the fact that while he's busy casting spells you have your dispel dice looking at sadly as they are powerless to stop him.

however he is T2 with no saves which is nice. at least if your trying to kill him.