PDA

View Full Version : Warlord Spinetail rules?

RTB01
17-01-2011, 18:26
Evening all,

was this in a WD anywhere or as a pdf?

many thanks!

kyussinchains
17-01-2011, 19:40
think he's just a character from the island of blood companion novel.... I'd like to know his story/background myself though....

Ultimate Life Form
17-01-2011, 19:53
think he's just a character from the island of blood companion novel.... I'd like to know his story/background myself though....

He is the arch-rival of Lord Verminkin, leader of Clan Klaw, who is the Skaven leader in IoB. Spinetail is an usurper and his schemes led to a schism of the Clan, so at the time of the novel the Clan is split 50/50 between them. Naturally, that means they'll fight each other with all they got. The novel doesn't mention much about Spinetail apart from the facts that he suffers from some sort of serious disease (like we didn't see before) and prefers travelling in a Palanquin though. Also he seems 'slightly' paranoid, assuming that everyone is against him (even a lifeless statue along the way).

No rules for him that I'm aware of, just recently checked myself. Doesn't strike me as very special though, so I'd guess WYSIWIG with a few gimmicks is not a bad representation on the table.

Haravikk
17-01-2011, 22:36
I'm just using him as a plague-themed Chieftan/Warlord, and sometimes a Plague Priest. Is a nice model either way.

Thing I don't get is why the stores seemed to have been made to think that the model was limited edition, when it's still being sold online with no indication of it being limited availability. I grabbed mine because it was the last one in my local store's batch, still glad I did as it's a great model, just found it odd that people thought it was limited edition.