PDA

View Full Version : Renegade SM chapter Cerebus, ideas please.

jspyd3rx
18-01-2011, 18:29
Just trying to come up with my own chapter which could count as whatever. Black and red space wolves with chaos bits. Thunderwolf cavalry with bloodcrusher bits. What do you guys think? Any suggestions? Oh, will be doing my bloodcrushers with two heads.

x-esiv-4c
18-01-2011, 18:37
Why 2 heads?

carldooley
18-01-2011, 18:40
didn't cerberus have 3 heads?

Zweischneid
18-01-2011, 18:41
Cerebus is a comic book as far as I am aware.

Cerberus however did indeed have three heads usually (variants do exist however, including two-headed versions).

jspyd3rx
18-01-2011, 18:55
Hard to squeeze three heads on. Seems too much. Anyone know of twc models big enough for three bloodcrusher heads?

carldooley
18-01-2011, 18:55
it would make for an enterprising idea. Maybe model a wolf's head on both shoulders? And then, just make certain that you have a unit of noise marines also (or at least a unit that looks like them - so as to soothe the angry beast :p).

jspyd3rx
18-01-2011, 19:35
Ohh, great idea! I could maybe put juggernaught heads on shoulders of say Paulson games wolves. Being resin, cut and kitbashe with plastic nuggets for cyber parts. Ridden by noise marines is very kool idea too.

connorhendo13
18-01-2011, 20:03
good idea for bloodcrusher parts as ive tried these and they turned out very well! but from your description it sounds like a red corsairs army heavily bolstered wiv space wolves things! :D

connorhendo13
18-01-2011, 20:04
well thats what im doing atm anyway!!

anarchy
18-01-2011, 20:08
U could base some fluff around the sons of the emporor? Suposidly there were like 12 of them? I cant quite remember the story, but all but a couple died or were turned by chaos, apart from 1 that went missing. . . Presumed dead? Again i cant remember the story. . . Maybe your chapter went on some sort of quest to assatain his fate and whilst searching the barron frindges of the gallaxy became marouned on a long forgoten ice word, lost all contact with the empirium, and sucomed to the whispers of chaos. . . ? Itd need some research. . . And a lot of brushing up?

Inquisitor_Tolheim
18-01-2011, 20:16
U could base some fluff around the sons of the emporor? Suposidly there were like 12 of them? I cant quite remember the story, but all but a couple died or were turned by chaos, apart from 1 that went missing. . . Presumed dead? Again i cant remember the story. . . Maybe your chapter went on some sort of quest to assatain his fate and whilst searching the barron frindges of the gallaxy became marouned on a long forgoten ice word, lost all contact with the empirium, and sucomed to the whispers of chaos. . . ? Itd need some research. . . And a lot of brushing up?

Well played.

Sounds like an interesting idea OP. At least when you codex hop you can do so with a cool, converted army.

Shnerg
18-01-2011, 20:53
You could base some fluff around the sons of the Emperor? Supposedly there were like 12 of them? I can't quite remember the story, but all but a couple died or were turned by chaos, apart from one that went missing; presumed dead? Again, I can't remember the story. Maybe your chapter went on some sort of quest to ascertain their fate and whilst searching the barren fringes of the galaxy became marooned on a long forgotten ice world, lost all contact with the Imperium, and succomed to the whispers of Chaos? It'd need some research and a lot of brushing up.

Wow. Never before has my brain been offended by such atrocious spelling and grammar. I did you a favour and corrected it in my quote, and bolded my changes so you notice them.

I dislike this idea. Although, if converted well, I wouldn't have an issue playing with them, I would hate the fluff. I think the Emperor would have noticed if one of his sons just popped off to grab a Starbucks and didn't come back.

Also, nobody, I repeat, nobody, wants to hear some poorly written homebrew fluff about a missing chapter.

I sound horrible, don't I? Meh. My judgements are severe.

Anyway, I would love to see it on the battlefield, and would love to see some decent, and logical fluff even more.

carldooley
18-01-2011, 21:56
Ohh, great idea! I could maybe put juggernaught heads on shoulders of say Paulson games wolves. Being resin, cut and kitbashe with plastic nuggets for cyber parts. Ridden by noise marines is very kool idea too.

erm, I meant to do that to the infantry. Putting Wolf Heads on the shoulderpads of the power armored infantry, combined with wolfen heads would certainly have a cerberus like appeal.

AlphariusOmegon20
19-01-2011, 04:35

I'd use Goblin wolf heads to add to the Paulson wolves instead of Juggie heads, personally.