PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts Varghulf Gameszone alternative

sethorly
19-01-2011, 13:13
I cannot find the base size for this miniature anywhere, but it looks like a good contender for a Varghulf alternative that I haven't seen mentioned on any similar topic. What do you chaps think?

Minor Demon I (http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/Gamezone-Miniatures/Chaos/Minor-Demon-I/prod_6188.html)

Anyone know the base size? I can't find it on the Gamezone website.

BigbyWolf
19-01-2011, 15:09
Personally, I don't like the figure...it's even uglier than the standard one. Looking at the model it seems to be on a 25mm base (but that's just my perspective).

Trikk
19-01-2011, 15:23
The base size is the one the model is supplied with, it's up to your opponent if he lets you proxy it anyway.

shelfunit.
19-01-2011, 15:49
Personally, I don't like the figure...it's even uglier than the standard one. Looking at the model it seems to be on a 25mm base (but that's just my perspective).

Have to agree here, normally Gamezone models are really good sculpts, this seems to be Pumbagor, quite a drop in standards sadly.

The base size is the one the model is supplied with, it's up to your opponent if he lets you proxy it anyway.

If he is using it as a Varghulf a 50x50mm base is what the only reference model (ie the "actual" varghulf) comes on so that "should" be the base used. If my opponent refused a very similar model such as this to be proxied I would look for a different opponent.

IcedCrow
19-01-2011, 15:51
Exactly. Nothign wrong with proxies as long as they are based properly. My empire army has a lot of historical Roman figures and in the years and years I've used them no one has made a single complaint.

Maoriboy007
19-01-2011, 18:57
I actually quite like the GW Varghulf, its a pity its not good enough to play it.

Hakar
20-01-2011, 12:55
Exactly. Nothign wrong with proxies as long as they are based properly. My empire army has a lot of historical Roman figures and in the years and years I've used them no one has made a single complaint.

Is it really a proxy if it's actually used as an alternative model?

sulla
21-01-2011, 03:26
I actually quite like the GW Varghulf, its a pity its not good enough to play it.Heh, sure he's lacking if you compare him to a hydra or a hellcannon, but I'd probably rather have him than a giant or one of the beastmen big guys. Not as powerful as gorgon but much cheaper and comes with regen and the possibility of healing. Now that black coaches crumble so fast, he's probably the second cab off the rank after wraiths unless your opponents have nothing to kill blood knights at a distance, in which case, they would probably be in second place.

sethorly
22-01-2011, 06:32
I went for another GW Varghulf model in the end, after thinking about your replies. I already had one. I used Wayland. Damn I hate giving GW my money.

Trikk
22-01-2011, 18:33
I went for another GW Varghulf model in the end, after thinking about your replies. I already had one. I used Wayland. Damn I hate giving GW my money.

I've always thought the Varghulf looks kinda strange fielded with another one, because of the pose.