PDA

View Full Version : raider/ravager difference

Johnmclane
21-01-2011, 14:04
Want some ravagers in my DE force, but looking at the raider and ravager kit I have a hard time wrapping my head around the ravager being ravager=(raider x 1,52) more in real cash.
Maybe I'm missing some on the kits and there's more difference that I notice from the pictures, warranting the 52% difference in pricing.

If not I'm wonder if there any other sources getting those extra bits or some quick and easy conversion ideas?

Oh, This is not about GW's pricing policy. That's their business :).

PapaJoe
21-01-2011, 14:45
Well the Ravager has 3 sprues while the Raider only comes with 2. So on a strict mass to cost ratio, the Ravager IS worth 1.5 Raiders.
GW's site shows pics of the sprues, too

Whether that sprue is worth the value... yadda yadda

WildWeasel
21-01-2011, 17:18
Keep in mind that GW isn't selling models, they are selling model kits. As the Ravager is 1.5x as much kit....

ETA: And the Ravager sprue is more than just the Ravager necessary bits, but included additional/alternate dressing for the base hull (sails, prows, replacements for the hull spikes) that you can use to vary your Raider fleet.

Johnmclane
21-01-2011, 21:10
great , thats what I needed to know. Now I found the extra sprue on gw site :)

UberBeast
22-01-2011, 04:30
Keep in mind that GW isn't selling models, they are selling model kits. As the Ravager is 1.5x as much kit....

That's not always strictly true though. There are dozens of examples of boxes containing fewer sprues (same size and plastic equivalent) and yet costing more than a kit with more sprues. Their pricing is quite a bit more arbitrary than the amount of plastic contained in each kit.