PDA

View Full Version : Question about skaven minis...

Herne the hunter
23-01-2011, 14:01
The plastic troops, specifically Clan Mors; are they human-sized or smaller?

I ask because I want to use skaven bodies to make hybrids for my 40k genestealer cult, but upon looking through this month's White Dwarf they look a little smaller than I first thought.

Ultimate Life Form
23-01-2011, 14:08
I'm not exactly sure what you're alluding to as there are as far as I know no official 'Clan Mors' models, but yeah, Skaven are hunched over and thus notably smaller than your average human...

However the Stormvermin are pretty buff.

Ultimate Life Form
23-01-2011, 14:26
Here ya go, made a pic for you... though the problem is that I don't have many human minis to compare.

Gdolkin
23-01-2011, 14:31
Clan Pestilens Plague Monks are a much better bet as a base for hybrids than Clanrats, I should think.

Herne the hunter
23-01-2011, 16:37
Here ya go, made a pic for you... though the problem is that I don't have many human minis to compare.

Thanks. They do look a little smaller than I'd have liked.

Clan Pestilens Plague Monks are a much better bet as a base for hybrids than Clanrats, I should think.

Yeah I considered mixing in some plague monk bodies, but I particularly like the mix of ragged robes with bits of armour (especially the back plates) on these bodies:

Herne the hunter
23-01-2011, 16:51
On a related note, has anyone picked up the new Ikit Claw? Is his head a separate component from his body?

Either way, he's going to be turned into a hybrid special character, but not having to gouge his head out of the recesses of his armour will make the job so much easier.

MarshalFaust
23-01-2011, 18:16
it is separate along wth the storm demon hand and the backpack

Warlord Gnashgrod
23-01-2011, 18:17
On a related note, has anyone picked up the new Ikit Claw? Is his head a separate component from his body?

Yes his head is seperate from the rest of the body.