PDA

View Full Version : question stormraven

ODINM4
25-01-2011, 20:00
if you mount your dread at the back of your strom raven will that obsure its rear armour or are you shooting at the front armor of the dread ???

RandomSelect
25-01-2011, 20:02
in real life i would say youre shooting at the dread possibly, however in game terms i imagine you have to choose the Storm raven only.

DJ3
25-01-2011, 20:20
if you mount your dread at the back of your strom raven will that obsure its rear armour or are you shooting at the front armor of the dread ???

You can't shoot at the Dreadnaught while it's being carried by a Stormraven; it's an embarked passenger, just like any other Transport vehicle in the game.

You're supposed to remove the Dread from the table while it is embarked. If you want to convert your Stormraven to physically carry your Dread, that's fine, but it is ignored for all game purposes--so no, it will not obscure the SR's rear armor.

ODINM4
25-01-2011, 20:22
sweet was just wondering dont want my brother to scum me when its comes out to play

Oberon
25-01-2011, 20:24
It's like putting a marine on top a rhino and claiming to get a cover save from shots coming from above. The dread/marine is just a token telling others what's inside the transport. Besides, there isn't a place for the dreadnough in the back of the stormraven, except in the fluff.

In short: ignore the dreadnought even if you do manage to attach it to the stormraven, it isn't there getting shot at.