PDA

View Full Version : Custom Chapter Name Help

Nocculum
25-01-2011, 21:58
I'm making waves finally with my custom Blood Angels chapter, but am struggling for a name...

Essentially, the paint scheme is dark red, with heavy gold and bronze for special weapons - they start with trim and one shoulder pad gold, and up to virtually all gold for the characters and elite sternguard etc.

The 'twist' is they're lead by two winged brothers, and an Inquisitor, with Chaplain modes as Sanguinary Guard and overall a preachy touch.

I'm gunning for bronze in the title, and Bronze Seraphim is all I can come up with...something inquisitorial (Hector Rex's model) would be smashing, but I'm willing to throw it wide with dark red, gold, blood and prayer as the brief and let you lot go wild, so hit me :evilgrin:.

ForgottenLore
25-01-2011, 22:10
Religious theme and 2 winged leaders put me in mind of the Ark of the Covenant, how about "Bronze Covenant"?

Gerrok
25-01-2011, 22:24
Since you wanted bronze in the name, I thought that "Bronze Ofanim" had a ring to it while keeping the entire angel theme. Malakim could also be used.

I thought the word "incarnadine" also had a ring to it, which could be used anyplace you would normally see sanguine or similar.

If you wanted something more inquisitor-y these words fit the bill:
acumen, admonition, chastisement, castigation, arbiters

Hope something here helps.

Chem-Dog
25-01-2011, 23:08
Pyropus is latin for Bronze, so if you're intent on using that as a theme, any usual Marine suffices or prefices would do well alongside it, Brothers, Sons, Warriors ect ect.

In Heraldry the colour red is refered to as Gules, Belic or Sanguine in various places, Sanguine is probably overused in reference to the Blood Angels but the other two could be interesting names for individuals in your force at least.

Finally a list of manly reds

Cardinal
Carmine
Carnelian
Ruby
Rufous
Rust
Scarlet
Vermillion

Nocculum
25-01-2011, 23:20
These are great, thank you!

I'm veering towards the Rufous Carmine on the one hand, or the Pyropus Carmine on the other...

The Belic Seraphim...Angelus Pyropus...

The Rufuos Arbiters...

Carmine Paenitans...

Hmm, Carmine Paenitans (Red Penitants).

Keep them coming!

Vedar
26-01-2011, 00:49
How about World Eaters.

AngelofSorrow
26-01-2011, 01:01
The bronze seraphs

Limbic Librarian
26-01-2011, 01:54
How about World Eaters.

I concur.

Khorne cares not from whence the names flows

daemonicemission
26-01-2011, 03:08
I got it.

The highest, most pious of all angels...
wait for it...

Archangels

Dwane Diblie
26-01-2011, 04:14
My first thought was The Brother's Angle

But I actualy like Angelus Pyropus.

tezdal
26-01-2011, 05:32
I concur.

Khorne cares not from whence the names flows

Double concured....chain-axe wielding madmen>brick with wings flying vampires

Nocculum
26-01-2011, 07:46
I already have the army and I hate Chaos :p

Angelus Pyropus is currently my chapter name, though who knows which way the wind blows on the creative mind :).

Thank you for all of your help gentlemen and ladies!

Shnerg
26-01-2011, 12:04
Efydd Encarnates. Efydd is bronze in welsh. Or maybe, on an unrelated note, the Sanguine Seraphs.

Godzooky
26-01-2011, 12:12
Brazen Angels?

Wait, I think I might have seen something similarly named advertised on one of the adult channels last night... :D

Nocculum
30-01-2011, 09:33
Efydd is very fitting, I like it.

I've added a Ravenwing detachment to the army (though painted red and gold ;)) so I'm tempted now by Adar Efydd (Bronze Bird) or Aneirin Efydd (Noble Bronze).

Ugh, this is so hard...!

Moriarty
30-01-2011, 10:42
Covenant of Bronze and Blood.

Xandros
30-01-2011, 10:47
The bronze seraphs

I like.

My first thought was The Brother's Angle

But I actualy like Angelus Pyropus.

I'm thinking simplify it a bit. Pyre Angels.

Here's my input. It's in the title.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX_iQqwYsuM

Nocculum
30-01-2011, 11:50
That link just blew my musical mind!

I think I'm finally decided, Blood Angels inquisitorial with a hint of raven wing, I present:

The Callach Titans!

MikeyB
30-01-2011, 12:43
Brazen Angels?

Wait, I think I might have seen something similarly named advertised on one of the adult channels last night... :D

This is now my Sisters army :D

Xandros
30-01-2011, 13:53
That link just blew my musical mind!

I think I'm finally decided, Blood Angels inquisitorial with a hint of raven wing, I present:

The Callach Titans!

Remember you need to be able to use it informally, so jusg Callach Titans.