PDA

View Full Version : Angels of Absolution Terminator Colours?

Godzooky
26-01-2011, 15:03
Hi all,

Just a quick question for any kind soul who owns the thrid Vraks book:

I see the Angels of Absolution are bone white by default. Does this mean their Deathwing Equivalent are garbed in the contrasting DA green?

Many thanks in advance. :)

Chem-Dog
26-01-2011, 15:08
Bolter and Chainsword (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=293) say not....

Captain Semper
26-01-2011, 15:28
Since the Terminator from Disciples of Caliban pictured in the Codex: DA has the paint scheme of the standard tactical marine I assume *logical leap here* that only DA have special colors for Deathwing while succesors use the standard Chapter pattern. And by extention *another logical leap* the same applies for the Ravenwing... Bottom line: paint them how you like them!

Sir_Turalyon
26-01-2011, 16:04
No, Dark Angels proper using different colours for different companies is exception rather than rule; it only happened because Deathwing and Ravenwing kept their pre-heresy colours when other companies repainted their armour green; successor chapters just picked new colour schemes. There is no "if power armour is green then Terminators are white" general rule for Unforgiven. Deathwing repainting their suits white happened by occurance, to honour an occasional battle; colour came from customs of a recruiting planet and happened to be the same colour that Angels of Absolution use.

Most importantly, when Deathwing repainted their armour Angels of Absolution were using their colour scheme for centuries, probably millenia, and it's unlikely they repainted their Terminators just to look like mirror image of parent chapter.

Of course, it's your minis to paint as you like them and fear not to make up fluff as you go :). It's not unreasonable for AoA to choose to give their Terminators - or few squads - unique colours at the moment of founding, which may have been Dark Angels green (in memory of Caliban) or pre-Heresy Dark Angels black (the same way Deathwing did).

Godzooky
26-01-2011, 16:09
Many thanks, chaps. Well, all three answers pretty much give me what I needed to know. :)

Hmmm, what to do?...

the1stpip
26-01-2011, 17:45
Actually, Deathwing are bone coloured due to a mark of respect of a number of Veterans who succumbed while fighting a Genestealer Cult uprising.

The story is in the pre-BL anthology Deathwing.

AlphariusOmegon20
26-01-2011, 17:57
Actually, Deathwing are bone coloured due to a mark of respect of a number of Veterans who succumbed while fighting a Genestealer Cult uprising.

The story is in the pre-BL anthology Deathwing.

It's also mentioned in the current DA codex.

Piousservant
26-01-2011, 22:07
In theory they'd be the same colour as the rest of the Chapter... But then again I think they'd be quite nifty in blank as a contrast, rather than the green maybe...?