PDA

View Full Version : General size of Stormraven main body.

AntiPaladin
30-01-2011, 16:34
Since the original Chaos army has stalled (for various reasons) I've decied to go wtih a quicker and (hopefully) easier to convert army of Fallen Angels, using the BA rules.

Since everything else will be converted, might as well do the Stormraven too, right? So I'm wondering if anyone has seen one 1st hand (I'm deployed overseas, so no local GW to stop by) and can give me an idea of the size of it, specificly how the main compartment compares in size to a Defiler main body. Current idea/sketches are defiler main body with 2-4 large tyranid/dragon wings to size it out, just wondering if that would be an equivelant size.

Asked in General since it's not conversion specific, but Mods feel free to move it as you see fit (like they'd need to ask anyway ;P).

Sabe
30-01-2011, 17:41
After actually seeing it and holding it it actually came across much smaller than the pictures lead me to believe. Id say the main compartment is comparable to a defiler's torso, tough a bit taller for sure and slightly longer. The Wing and tail fin portions are not terribly long though. Overall a completed Defiler is probably similar in total space displacement, though obviously in a different shape.

ODINM4
30-01-2011, 20:24
small as body mate way too small smaller than a rhino body i was like :wtf: how you fit 12 power armour marines in there or 6 termies WTF

AntiPaladin
31-01-2011, 17:58
The plan was to use the torso as the cockpit are and the actually base where the legs attach as the rider platform. so I'd need to extend it a bit with plasticard to make a similar size then?

bossfearless
31-01-2011, 18:45
I'm painting up my store's Stormraven from the Black Box, and it's bigger than they're saying. The main body is a little longer than a Rhino, taller, and a bit wider. The overall size of the model (minus that awful dorsal turret and the vent behind it) is roughly that of a shoebox (think men's running shoes). That's actually what I'm carrying it around in while I paint it.

However, a Defiler body would probably be acceptable as a conversion since you're doing a themed army. I can't see any reasonable opponent having a fit if you did that.

AntiPaladin
02-02-2011, 09:57
I guess I might have to bite the bullet and get an actual SR for a 1st model and bling it out. After I have one here as a reference then I'll see about making up some of my own.