PDA

View Full Version : Mecha Godzilla in the 40k universe

blue penguin
31-01-2011, 21:43
The thing here is that I had been toying with the idea of making a mecha godzilla like construction for one of my armies (chaos or inquisition with back up from all around). couple days ago my brother showed me pictures from some other game where they have this mecha godzilla look a likes and it makes me want to make my own even more. the problem is if i make it, how big to make it and what rules to use? make him small to count like a dreadnought, or make him huge and use as a titan?

ForgottenLore
31-01-2011, 21:51
Oh man, was checking Monsterpocalypse stuff the same time I saw this. Really threw me for a second.

In 40K I don't think there can be any doubt that Mechagodzilla should be a titan of some sort, obviously developed by a rouge mechanicus sect in response to an unusually deadly (and unique) form of squiggoth that has appeared in a recent WAAAGH!

Of course, this sect is going to be declared heretics because they are using the gifts of the machine god to copy foul xeno life forms. That just justifies imperial vs imperial action for you though.

I think I just took your idea and developed the basis for an entire campaign...

wyvirn
31-01-2011, 22:07
It varied from movie to movie, but wasn't Mechagodzilla the size of Godzilla? Wikipedia says he varies from around 160 to 330 feet tall, so that's a titan AFAIK.
Now, if only some Bio-titan were there to destroy/save some city, and the mechagodzilla model was there to defend/attack it...

Bigbot
31-01-2011, 22:12
Get a Transformers Generation 1 Trypticon. Convert. ????? Profit

blue penguin
01-02-2011, 02:34
what got me thinking more about this was when my brother showed me the uber cops from monsterpocalypse :)

I was leaning towards titan size(and still am), but the thought passed on my mind of making a small version so that i could use it more often. maybe my brother will finally get a bio titan for his tyranids and we can have them fight in apocalypse.