PDA

View Full Version : What weapon in the AoBR

Axeman1n
01-02-2011, 01:21
What are the Deffkoptas equiped with in the Assault on Black Reach Box? I'd been assuming they were nekkid Koptas, but it almost looks like Twin-Linked Rockets!?

Tethylis
01-02-2011, 01:28
They are indeed TL rokkits. I don't think you can get nekkid kopters unless you convert up the old gorkamorka character.

Blue Orphen
01-02-2011, 02:35
You can just cut the TL rokkits off.

It's not particularly difficult to do, and gives you the opportunity to put whatever weapon you'd like there.

Axeman1n
01-02-2011, 03:00
I've had them for so long, I never noticed until I'm trying to paint them. I guess I could cut the tips off, hollow them out, and dril holes in the sides to make them TL-Big Shootas?

Tethylis
01-02-2011, 03:57
But why would you want big shootas when kopters are probably our best place to put rokkits? A fast unit with scout moves and accurate (for orks) rokkits, add in a powerklaw or two for tearing into rear armour and you have one of the best AT units available to orks.

Azzy
01-02-2011, 05:18
I've had them for so long, I never noticed until I'm trying to paint them. I guess I could cut the tips off, hollow them out, and dril holes in the sides to make them TL-Big Shootas?

Of just cut the tips off and glue on some spare shoots/big shootas. Gork knows we Ork player have got to be swimming in spare big shootas and other bits. ;)

Though, I too wonder why you'd want to forgo the rokkits.

Lothlanathorian
01-02-2011, 10:15
I'd prefer Big Bomms. Only because I like the image of my Orkses in their koptas zoom-zoomin' about, 'splodin' things as they fly past them. Not as practical as sticking buzzsaw on them and havin' at some armoured behemoth, but, then again, who ever accused the Orks of being practical?

Shamana
01-02-2011, 10:23
Yeah but a buzzsaw-toting pseudo-flying gizmo charging at a tank is so orky already :) .

Lothlanathorian
01-02-2011, 10:26
You know, it really is. You just have to picture it less as the Ork flying up to it and buzzsawing than you do as the Ork flying into it. Or pass by overhead as the saw dangles and shreds whatever it passes over like some kind of Bond-villain-esque torture implement. Wasn't that actually in a Bond movie? A helicopter with a big frelling buzzsaw hanging under it?

Axeman1n
01-02-2011, 15:24
I've enjoyed the LONG range of the Big Shoota, allowing my Koptas to kill things at a safe distance, then swoop in to contest key objectives.

You think I should leave the Rokits on and run them that way?

marv335
01-02-2011, 15:42
I run mine with Big Shootas, they make a great anti-infantry fire support squad.
I've had great success with them.

ColShaw
01-02-2011, 17:30
You know, it really is. You just have to picture it less as the Ork flying up to it and buzzsawing than you do as the Ork flying into it. Or pass by overhead as the saw dangles and shreds whatever it passes over like some kind of Bond-villain-esque torture implement. Wasn't that actually in a Bond movie? A helicopter with a big frelling buzzsaw hanging under it?

Yes. "The World Is Not Enough". They saw Bond's car in half with it. It's pretty funny.

Azzy
01-02-2011, 20:47
I've enjoyed the LONG range of the Big Shoota, allowing my Koptas to kill things at a safe distance, then swoop in to contest key objectives.

You think I should leave the Rokits on and run them that way?

I hate giving that sort of advice. Especially after seeing your rationale for the big shootas. Instead, I'd suggest running them in some friendly games a few different times each with the different loadouts and seeing which play style you prefer you prefer.