PDA

View Full Version : Stormraven Color Scheme Template

ajefferism
01-02-2011, 21:51
Hey guys, I plan on getting a Stormraven this week for my Blood Angels army and I wanted to figure out how I wanted to paint it. I traced the GW website image in Illustrator and then flattened it into a jpeg for everyone to use. You should be able to open it in any photo/paint program to fill in the sections with whatever color you choose. Let me know what you think and if you use this template please post your color schemes in this forum thread. Enjoy!

brightblade
01-02-2011, 21:55
Nice. Mine will be a darker red with light grey sections (a couple of flap sections and some other parts similar to your darker areas) to break it up. Just to match my speeders and my other vehicles. Getting a bit excited about this project.... :D

Still not decided on my weapon loadout though nor whether to keep the turret but I haven't seen one in the flesh yet.

Godzooky
01-02-2011, 22:00
Thanks, ajefferism. That's extremely public spirited of you.

I like your scheme, too. The black accents seem to sweeten up the shape.

ajefferism
01-02-2011, 22:02
Yeah that red will be the Army Painter Dragon Red (GWs closest is Mechrite Red) with the dark bits Chaos Black. The "metal" bits will be Boltgun Metal.

For weapons loadout I think I'm gonna go anti mech. Twin linked Lascannons and Multi-meltas. My Blood Angels army is gonna be pretty anti infantry so I'll need the heavy hitting weapons to use against vehicles. Post your schemes here if you use the template!

tu33y
01-02-2011, 22:43
thats a nice touch- i can see that really helping. well done on offering to share they hard work too.

Wolf Lord Balrog
01-02-2011, 22:44
Sweet, thanks for the community service man. :)

Edit: Attached a rough version of what mine will look like. Its rough because all I have to work with is MS Paint, I've never been a Photoshop person. Just imagine it without the sponsons, the air intake, and with a smaller turret, and you've got the idea. :)

Edit again: Slightly better version of the picture.

tezdal
01-02-2011, 22:46
Pretty nifty, but I don't plan on buying one, too flying brickish for my taste

AlphariusOmegon20
01-02-2011, 23:57
Let's see here....

The first one I'm going to use the HB's and LC's and it's is going to be Nauseating Blue with Boltgun Metal trim...oh, wait....that's the paint scheme for my Alpha Legion...

Ok well, the second one will surely be Blood Angel-y. It's going to have the MM's and PC's and is going to be Snot Green... No, wait, that's my Salamanders....

The Third one will be the Sons of Sanguinus for sure! It's going to be HB's And PC's and be Dark Angel Green.... Oops, no that's my Unforgiven...

Hey the fourth one is Black, yes, that's more like it! Assault Cannons and Heavy Bolters, Hurricane bolters, and Crusader Crosses everywhere... Crap, that's the Templars... my bad.

The fifth one in Shadow Grey? No, that's the Wolves.

Umm, what army is this thing for again? I think I just realized I don't have any army that can use it officially...... But then you could say the same thing about the Flamestorm Baal Pred in my Sallie army too.... :D

impala
02-02-2011, 01:35
Mine will be dark blue...

Cry of the Wind
02-02-2011, 01:41
Nice job setting up that template. I was just about to work on filling one in but yours ajefferism is almost exactly what I`ll be doing. Black and Red are the Angel Encarmine colours and I like where you placed the black for the most part. Make the engine cowling black and I think I`m set.

ted1138
02-02-2011, 01:59
Nice, thanks. I'm planning a Grey knight one, I'm swapping out the turret on top for a TL Lascannon from a Razorback, cutting the air intake down by 50%, sticking predator sponsons on the side with heavy bolters(with open doors behind), modeling the landing gear up/closed and filling that bit at the front where the heavy bolters should be with some etched brass grill. Think I'll paint over the see through canopy, it looks a bit too cramped in there for a SM pilot.

MajorWesJanson
02-02-2011, 08:32
Nice, thanks. I'm planning a Grey knight one, I'm swapping out the turret on top for a TL Lascannon from a Razorback, cutting the air intake down by 50%, sticking predator sponsons on the side with heavy bolters(with open doors behind), modeling the landing gear up/closed and filling that bit at the front where the heavy bolters should be with some etched brass grill. Think I'll paint over the see through canopy, it looks a bit too cramped in there for a SM pilot.

Compared to a B-52 cockpit, that thing is quite roomy.
The blank version reminds me of the color a dreadnought sheets they have at Gamesday for the younglings.

HerrDusty
02-02-2011, 08:45
Mine will be all black, with Forgeworld Inquisition side doors and front ramp (nice touch on recylcling the Rhino rear ramp and side doors there GW, makes personalising the model so much easier :) ), and Inquisition brass etch bits stuck on it. I'll be sticking the hurricane bolters under the wings where the Bloodstrike missiles go (nicked this idea from the manager at GW Manchester), the Bloodstrike missile pods will go on the engine cowlings, and it'll get a razorback turret stuck on the top and the air intake will be left off.

Gives my homebrew Deathwatch squad a more shiny ride than a borrowed Rhino, anyway :)

dragonet111
02-02-2011, 09:06
Thank you.

I'm painting my own successor chapter and even if I already have 1500points I know that sooner or later I'm going to expend it :).

Gingerwerewolf
02-02-2011, 14:43
That is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

ajefferism
02-02-2011, 19:19
Sweet, thanks for the community service man. :)

Edit: Attached a rough version of what mine will look like. Its rough because all I have to work with is MS Paint, I've never been a Photoshop person. Just imagine it without the sponsons, the air intake, and with a smaller turret, and you've got the idea. :)

Nice! Very Space Wolves... I really hope GW makes the Stormraven available to all SM armies.

ajefferism
02-02-2011, 19:22
One thing I did to try an make colors as "accurate" to GW colors as possible is to go to GW's site and download swatches for the paints I was gonna use. I used photoshop to open them and used the eye dropper tool to capture the color. They aren't 100% perfect but its pretty close to the real world colors.