PDA

View Full Version : Necrons Or DE

Necromion
03-02-2011, 01:45
Ok, currently I'm having issues deciding if I should finish my Necrons at the moment or my DE. I will admit that I have less DE than (about 750 or so points), and considering that Necrons are supposed to get a codex and new models (according to the rumors anyways). Other things to condsider are, I am the only Cron player in my group, and there are 2 other DE players. I also have yet to play a game with the DE models I have ATM anyways, so I dont exactly have too much of an idea for what models I should buy (any suggestions would help as I am looking to build a wych cult).

Should I wait to buy any more models for my Crons or should I invest more money into my DE so I have a playable force?

Seismic
03-02-2011, 02:00
I'd go with what's concrete at the moment: Dark Eldars.

Necrons are in the works and there's no way to know if your purchase would be viable with their new iteration. Knowing Gw, 1/2 of what you got at the moment will end up being ***** and you'll have a brand new centre piece unit to buy anyway. At least with the D.E. you know what's what ... until they cripple your list come 6th edition.

Truth be told I'd get some proxy models from some other source either way.

Dvora
03-02-2011, 02:13
Honestly, I would wait for the new Necron codex.

Sr47Knight
03-02-2011, 02:20
Do you really think the necrons will get all that more involved even after a new codex? I just ask because of the very nature of the army. My vote is for you to go with DE and to venture out and find more people to play against.

Seismic
03-02-2011, 02:43
Do you really think the necrons will get all that more involved even after a new codex? I just ask because of the very nature of the army.

Take a look at Gw track records, nothing stops them from milking their consumers to the last drop. "The nature of the army"? Bah, I say!

My predictions, Everything typically found in a Necron list :Monolith, warrior , destroyers , default Lord will under perform . New models , like the rumoured Necromancer , The named lord or the new transport vehicle will be no brainers. And to clear the shelves , Pariahs & Flayed ones will probably overtake warriors (I'm fully expecting them to be either troops or at the very least ,scoring units).

I wouldn't take the chance.

TheLaughingGod
03-02-2011, 02:51
Dark Eldar. Necrons are boring, playstyle-wise and background-wise.