PDA

View Full Version : need help DE 1500

raukshauk
03-02-2011, 07:47
I need help i got a 1500 pont list i got to make and got no idea what to do. :cries:

dragonet111
03-02-2011, 08:28
Choose a theme and stick to it.

You can do a Haemonculus, Kabal or witch cult army or a mix of the 3.

What do you want to play? give us more detail.

marv335
03-02-2011, 09:24
Firstly, what do you have?
If we know what models you have available we can be of more help to you.
Secondly, What are you likely to be facing?
If we know who your opponents are likely to be, again, we can be of more help.

The more information we have, the more help we can give.

Born Again
03-02-2011, 13:14
Start with a theme and models that you like. You cannot go wrong with this. That's the #1 bit of advice I would give to you.

raukshauk
04-02-2011, 05:43
ok so i got nothing the the thing i like is the wych's and the incubi i whant to kill IG

Dvora
04-02-2011, 07:46
ok, wych coven with some hamie back up. I mean someone has to keep those girls looking beautiful...

TheRatsInTheWalls
04-02-2011, 07:47
ok so i got nothing the the thing i like is the wych's and the incubi i whant to kill IG

Well then start with a couple of Wych units in Raiders with Haywire Grenades to pop tanks as needed.
Add an Archite as HQ with your choice of weapon upgrades. (You'll need an Archon with Phantasm Grenades if you want the Incubi to assault into cover, but against IG you can just use Wyches if you would rather not take the Archon.)
Throw in a unit or two of Reavers with Heatlances or Blasters to improve your anti-tank capabilities, and give the IG more fast things to worry about shooting. Smaller units of Wyches in Venoms will force your opponent to make harder decisions of what he will need to kill as well.
And go from there.

raukshauk
05-02-2011, 04:11
cool cool ok ill give it a try

ShotDownMind
05-02-2011, 04:42
I am playing Duke recently, with this list or variations:

1500 Pts - Dark Eldar Roster

1 Duke Sliscus, 150 pts

9 Kabalite Trueborn, 277 pts (Shardcarbine x5; Blaster x4; Plasma Grenades)
1 Raider (Disintegrator Cannon x1; Flickerfield)

9 Wyches, 220 pts
1 Hekatrix (Agoniser)
1 Raider (Disintegrator Cannon x1; Grisly Trophies; Flickerfield)

4 Wyches, 165 pts (Shardnet & Impaler x1; Haywire Grenades)
1 Hekatrix (Haywire Grenades; Agoniser)
1 Venom (Splinter Cannon x2)

4 Wyches, 165 pts (Shardnet & Impaler x1; Haywire Grenades)
1 Hekatrix (Haywire Grenades; Agoniser)
1 Venom (Splinter Cannon x2)

6 Reavers, 156 pts (Heat Lance x2)
1 Ravager, 105 pts (Flickerfield)
1 Razorwing Jetfighter, 145 pts (Flickerfield)

10 Kabalite Warriors, 115 pts (Dark Lance x1)

TheRatsInTheWalls
05-02-2011, 07:38
@ ShotDownMind
Not a bad list, but I wouldn't take it against IG. You'd need more long ranged AT to make that work (even if you used the Duke's deepstriking transports).

Edit: I missed the Warriors at the bottom. You'd struggle, but you could pull it off with some luck.

raukshauk
06-02-2011, 23:49
how about on the venom's you take the dark lance not the splinter cannon

septimus
07-02-2011, 01:21
1 Ravager, 105 pts (Flickerfield)

115 with the flicker field.

I wouldn't take haywire 'nades on the wyches - they are too fragile to take a 'splosion to the face.

You can get AT in all the other FOC slots. I like the reavers - and vs. a chimera wall they are good at going up a flank and denying IG their full fire power as the chims well get in the way of each other.

It might be too expensive for 1500 but I like 2x Haemonculus with 8x Incubi incl. klaivex with demi-klaives in a raider.
They should be able to take on 2-4 squads at a time and they can take down vehicles too because of FC.

Shock prows and torment 'nade launchers are to considered on your raiders.

TheRatsInTheWalls
07-02-2011, 02:21
how about on the venom's you take the dark lance not the splinter cannon

That is not an option.

I wouldn't take haywire 'nades on the wyches - they are too fragile to take a 'splosion to the face.
Shock prows and torment 'nade launchers are to considered on your raiders.

The Wyches are still in melee so they get a 4++. Explosions are unlikely anyway, as you're mostly disabling/destroying the vehicle with glancing hits

Those upgrades are great if you've got the points, but keeping Raiders cheep is very important. They die too easily for heavy investments.

Kulgur
07-02-2011, 09:42
The Wyches are still in melee so they get a 4++.

If you want to go by that logic, a scattering blast from shooting that hits a combat with wyches would mean they'd still get a save, if you tried to pull that I think a lot of people would break out the dreadsock.

TheRatsInTheWalls
08-02-2011, 09:06
If you want to go by that logic, a scattering blast from shooting that hits a combat with wyches would mean they'd still get a save, if you tried to pull that I think a lot of people would break out the dreadsock.

I'd say there is a pretty significant difference between the two situations. Combat between a vehicle and a unit of infantry doesn't end until the opponent's turn (and you can argue that it doesn't even end then if the vehicle doesn't move although I wouldn't push that point). The exploding vehicle is a direct result of actions taken in combat, and would occur before a moral test was taken (say if the squad was facing a squadron of walkers, killed one, but lost the combat). I would never argue that Wyches get a 4++ against everything if in combat, but they should still get it for everything that occurs as a direct result of that combat.

Kulgur
08-02-2011, 16:16
I would never argue that Wyches get a 4++ against everything if in combat, but they should still get it for everything that occurs as a direct result of that combat.

An explosion is not a close combat attack. That is what they get a save against

TheRatsInTheWalls
08-02-2011, 16:26
An explosion is not a close combat attack. That is what they get a save against

Fair enough. I concede.
I would still like to contend that the chances of actual vehicle explosion are pretty low. Haywire grenades usually destroy from a series of lucky glances.