PDA

View Full Version : New Chimera

Scaryscarymushroom
05-02-2011, 06:24
I was on Forge World's website drooling over some things that I can't afford and I noticed something: The Inquisitor pattern chimera hatch was missing from their web page.

I'm always a little nervous when a kit goes off the shelf, so I sent an email that read as follows.

Hello,

Will the Inquisitor Chimera door be sold in the future? I noticed it was taken off your site.

They sent me this reply:

Hi,

Thanks for your e-mail. With the release of the new plastic Chimera kit, we have removed this part from sale to ascertain if any re-working is required to ensure that it fits the new sprues.

We do intend to return it to sale, but we donít have a timescale for this at the moment.

Regards,
Ead Brown
Customer Service Manager
Forge World

Is this really old news? Is forge world just a year behind the times, or are they redesigning the chimera again?

GirathonB
05-02-2011, 06:35
They're just a year behind.

Brettila
05-02-2011, 07:12
Yes, they certainly take their dear, sweet time getting around to things.

Bjorn Hellhammer
05-02-2011, 15:01
There are only a few sculpters at FW, and with the build upto Warhammer Forge there are going to be delays to the re-issue of slow selling items, unfortunately.

MajorWesJanson
05-02-2011, 16:33
I was hoping for the Chimaera Inquisition to return, as well as the Inq Valkyrie doors, but I suppose the Brass Etch takes care of that mostly.

The Student
06-02-2011, 00:32
The "new" Chimera kit is hardly radically different though is it? I often find Forge World resin often needs "adjustment" **cough** to fit correctly anyway...so whilst I appreciate the sentiment, why bother taking it off the site? Seems silly to me...