PDA

View Full Version : Unlikely places to find gamers...

Shnerg
10-02-2011, 23:13
Hey Warseers,
(Is that the correct term? I've seen people say Warseerites, but Warseers flows off the tongue better, IMHO.)

Anyway, I'm curious to if you've found hobbyists in unlikely places.

I'm a young leader at a local cub pack, and I found out today that our scout leader plays, due to the fact he named two of his cats Vladimir von Carstein and Isabella von Carstein.

When he told us, I couldn't help but smile.

Have you had any moments like that?

The Underdog
10-02-2011, 23:27
I moved into a new flat about 18 months ago. To welcome us to the buliding, the couple in teh flat below came up to say hi. Thankfully a few of my boxed gaems had been stored on a bookshelf in the lounge as the man of the couple spotted a copy of blood bowl and turned out to be a gamer - we've had many fun games together since.

:D

asphodel
10-02-2011, 23:41
Not quite, but I did have a political theory prof a few years back who made a reference to people being "Chaotic Evil, like a red dragon" which was pretty great.

RMacDeezy
11-02-2011, 00:10
i was doing laundry in the basement at my in-laws' house when i looked over and saw the ogre kingdoms army deal on top of several boxes. my curiosity got the better of me and i peeked in them and found out my father-in-law had been collecting and playing for years and years, he had brets, O&G, undead, empire, HE and his ogres.

Hochdorf
11-02-2011, 00:40
Stephen Colbert and Vin Diesel are both huge Dungeons and Dragons players. The sons of the Sultan of Brunei played Warhammer at one point (and may still).

Lord Inquisitor
11-02-2011, 00:52
Stephen Colbert and Vin Diesel are both huge Dungeons and Dragons players. The sons of the Sultan of Brunei played Warhammer at one point (and may still).

I can attest to the son of the sultan of brunei being a 40k player at one point. Strange having bodyguards in a GW store.

Bruce Dickenson also came into a store I worked in once.

TheYoungin
11-02-2011, 05:04
I seriously wish I found more people that played warhammer. Alas I go to high school so people are way to scared to admit their awesome hobbies.