PDA

View Full Version : 1k Sons as Gray Knights

PolishSausage
13-02-2011, 19:08
-Would it be ridiculous for me to run my old 1k son army using the upcoming Gray Knight codex?

-Is it cheesy for me to try to give life back to an army that has been butchered by the current Chaos Codex?

-Finally, would it be acceptable to utilize the upcoming plastic range of GK and convert them using chaos parts and 1k pieces, giving it that lovely Egyptian feel and still staying true model and weapon wise to the GK codex?

Mannimarco
13-02-2011, 19:15
-Not any more ridiculous than using the Blood Angels dex to do it and that doesnt stop people from doing that. At least the current rumours look like they should make for a half decent crossover rather than taking the new shiny and desperately trying to twist it around to fit the theme.

-I wouldnt call using a codex we only have rumours which are subject to change cheesy although yeah the rules certainly make them look powerful which is usually a major factor in using sombody elses codex them claiming its for the theme.

-of course, theyre your models so you can do whatever you want with them.

Nezalhualixtlan
13-02-2011, 19:27
As long as you were running a legal GK list by their codex alone and everything that was "counting as" something else was roughly the right size for TLoS, I'd be happy to play it.

Kurisu313
13-02-2011, 19:28
It sounds like a fairly sensible counts as - as they are a psyker heavy marine force.

I suppose another way is asking, 'do you mind if i've painted my Grey Knights in a blue, kinda egyptian theme?'

Endobai
13-02-2011, 19:32
In my opinion it will be perfect for that purpose.

You might decide to change all names of equipment and psychic powers for something more suitable and fluffy.

Korraz
13-02-2011, 19:33
At least you could use the Dreadknight as Demon Prince.

PolishSausage
13-02-2011, 19:37
At least you could use the Dreadknight as Demon Prince.

I .... want to kiss you. Fantastic idea !

The Custodian
13-02-2011, 19:42
Its one of the sane ideas for counts as 1k sons... And one of the few id accept. There was someone who earlier suggested Black Templars and that idea made me cringe...

Korraz
13-02-2011, 19:51
I .... want to kiss you. Fantastic idea !
Depending on your looks, I'll think about it. :D
Just stay clear of stuff like Storm Ravens and keep it fluffy. I cringe when I see people with a "Word Bearers" army that is using Space Wolves. And guys on horses as Thunderwolves.

Gulbech
13-02-2011, 19:53
This is a great idea, think i will try the same with my 1k sons :)

Best regard
Gulbech

BrotherCaptainS
13-02-2011, 19:53
-Would it be ridiculous for me to run my old 1k son army using the upcoming Gray Knight codex?

-Is it cheesy for me to try to give life back to an army that has been butchered by the current Chaos Codex?

-Finally, would it be acceptable to utilize the upcoming plastic range of GK and convert them using chaos parts and 1k pieces, giving it that lovely Egyptian feel and still staying true model and weapon wise to the GK codex?

I think running a chaos army and using imperial rules really loses touch with the spirit of the game. You know 1k sons aren't bad at all. AP 3 bolters pretty sweet if you ask me. sorcerors in every squad. Arhiman is pretty cool. dont you auto pass psy checks too? stick with the chaos dex. When you win you feel better and when you get updated you feel even better.

Still Standing
13-02-2011, 19:56
It annoys the crap out of me when Chaos legion players try and use any codex but their own to represent their own army. Believe it or not the current book represents Legions far better than the 3.5 Ed book. As a Thousand Sons player you only lose Rubric terminators and HQ choice. You gain EVERYTHING else the Legion has, including bikes, vehicles and everything else in the book.

Vaktathi
13-02-2011, 19:57
-Would it be ridiculous for me to run my old 1k son army using the upcoming Gray Knight codex? I think the big issue is that the GK's are going to be heavily CC oriented, not something that Thousand Sons are especially known for.

While yes, the current CSM codex has *tons* of problems, I'm not sure, from the rumors we've seen, that GK's are going to be better at portraying TSons.

That said, they're your models, I wouldn't refuse a game based on just that.

Grimtuff
13-02-2011, 19:57

FYI, it's GREY Knights. You silly colonials... ;)

Mannimarco
13-02-2011, 20:09
And it annoys the crap out of me when people think the current dex lets you play Legions better than 3.5 did. It doesnt, not even close.

I mean yeah you can take bikes now but you kinnda cant take rubrics on those bikes, you cant take rubrics with those jump packs, our psyker powers are incredibly poor compared to pretty much anything else with psyker powers, we cant take rubric terminators, all our options for skills and gifts and powers for our lords has boiled down to "and would you like warptime or wind with your prince? Oh you have the MoT? why not take both. Would you like wings with him....of course you would! who doesnt take a winged prince?" 3.5 I could still take vehicles, they even had Legion upgrades.

But dont worry, its ok to lose EVERYTHING because now you have access to everything the Legion has....like bikes which arnt ridden by rubrics and generic vehicles to replace your vehicles with Legion upgrades, and terminators with a stick to replace rubric terminators, and a lot of skills, upgrades and spells for your lord level to be replaced by 1 daemon weapon, generic daemons to replace Tzeentchian daemons, decent poweres to be replaced by the tzeentch specific bolt of tzeentch (woohoo I need to pass a test to fire a lascannon!).

Depulsor
13-02-2011, 20:14
I think running a chaos army and using imperial rules really loses touch with the spirit of the game. You know 1k sons aren't bad at all. AP 3 bolters pretty sweet if you ask me. sorcerors in every squad. Arhiman is pretty cool. dont you auto pass psy checks too? stick with the chaos dex. When you win you feel better and when you get updated you feel even better.

I agree 100%.
As pre-heresy elite 1k-sons it would make sense to me, but what I heard about the Grey-Knights, sounds not really like normal 1k Sons at all.

GK: Force-Weapon, Stormbolter, Psyker
1k Son: Combat knife, Bolter with Special Ammo, Soul+Armor

And now you say, you want to "count as"? :shifty: Sorry, but that is just too much. :p

You COULD make some really heavy conversions to make it fit... but you would also have to write your own Fluff. Normal 1k Sons just arent GK even in the slightest.

Still Standing
13-02-2011, 20:21
And it annoys the crap out of me when people think the current dex lets you play Legions better than 3.5 did. It doesnt, not even close.

I mean yeah you can take bikes now but you kinnda cant take rubrics on those bikes, you cant take rubrics with those jump packs, our psyker powers are incredibly poor compared to pretty much anything else with psyker powers, we cant take rubric terminators, all our options for skills and gifts and powers for our lords has boiled down to "and would you like warptime or bolt with your prince? Would you like wings with him....of course you would! who doesnt take a winged prince?" 3.5 I could still take vehicles, they even had Legion upgrades.

But dont worry, its ok to lose EVERYTHING because now you have access to everything the Legion has....like bikes which arnt ridden by rubrics and generic vehicles to replace your vehicles with Legion upgrades, and terminators with a stick to replace rubric terminators, and a lot of skills, upgrades and spells for your lord level to be replaced by 1 daemon weapon.

Where does it say Thousands Sons don't ride bikes and carry plasma guns? Most of the options from the last book were removed because the book was horribly overpowered and all codeci were removing options, but in the previous book most people only took a few options anyway. There is no reason why a vehicle with a special rule is a better representation of a Legion book than one without. Theme is about modelling and painting, not rules.

Xandros
13-02-2011, 20:21
It could work if you used only sorcerers. Otherwise I sincerely doubt it. You have no way at all of representing rubric marines.

Mannimarco
13-02-2011, 20:45
Where does it say Thousands Sons don't ride bikes and carry plasma guns? Most of the options from the last book were removed because the book was horribly overpowered and all codeci were removing options, but in the previous book most people only took a few options anyway. There is no reason why a vehicle with a special rule is a better representation of a Legion book than one without. Theme is about modelling and painting, not rules.

Where does say TS dont ride bikes or carry plasma guns? Ill tell you: right there in the Chaos codex! all TS are rubrics, theres no rubrics with plasma guns or on bikes so theres no TS bikers or plasma gunners!

And heres me thinking most of the options were removed because of this new design philosophy of less is more. None of the Tzeentchian abilities from the book were broken, none.

Good thing it didnt last though or every codex would look like ours now eh? You dont need rules for your army, just a colour scheme and a little imagination. Your Thousand Sons rhino doesnt need warp flames or anything like that, just some blue and gold paint and your all set.

Be sure and tell the next salamander player they dont need Vulkan rules, just green paint. Even the SW and BA dont even need their own codexes or special rules as long as people have access to grey and red paint and a little imagination.

You honestly going to tell me that every single person who has complained about the current dex since its release about it destroying Chaos and no longer allowing the Legions is wrong and the current codex perfectly allows you to play any Legion you want just as long as you dont bother with trivial things like rules and instead focus on what colour they are?

orz192
13-02-2011, 20:46

Nope Ahriman still takes pyschic tests, that's Typhus that auto-passes.
And Ahriman is 250 points, not cheap in the slightest.

Still Standing
13-02-2011, 20:52
Where does say TS dont ride bikes or carry plasma guns? Ill tell you: right there in the Chaos codex! all TS are rubrics, theres no rubrics with plasma guns or on bikes so theres no TS bikers or plasma gunners!

And heres me thinking most of the options were removed because of this new design philosophy of less is more. None of the Tzeentchian abilities from the book were broken, none.

Good thing it didnt last though or every codex would look like ours now eh? You dont need rules for your army, just a colour scheme and a little imagination. Your Thousand Sons rhino doesnt need warp flames or anything like that, just some blue and gold paint and your all set.

Be sure and tell the next salamander player they dont need Vulkan rules, just green paint. Even the SW and BA dont even need their own codexes or special rules as long as people have access to grey and red paint and a little imagination.

You honestly going to tell me that every single person who has complained about the current dex since its release about it destroying Chaos and no longer allowing the Legions is wrong and the current codex perfectly allows you to play any Legion you want just as long as you dont bother with trivial things like rules and instead focus on what colour they are?

Screw the rules, they are there for game balance only. The background is much more important to deciding what is acceptable. Nowhere does it say all Thousand Sons dropped their jump packs and flamers when they were "Rubricised".

Do you think all those people who played Salamanders before the current book did not play Salamanders? People too focused on rules miss the largest part of the hobby.

Mannimarco
13-02-2011, 21:06
And the reason we see all these people hopping over to the better codex is because everybody likes to play fluffy. Me? Im possibly one of the fluffiest players you are likely to meet but that doesnt mean I like the fact theres no way to represent the Legions with the current dex. Your thousand sons bikers, plasma gunners, flamers, terminators, etc dont exist in the codex, they might do so in the fluff but if they dont exist in the codex then they cant be played. This is the crux of the matter: How can I play somthing that doesnt exist and yet you maintain the current codex lets my play a Legion?

No but I think a lot of people who never played salamanders before vulkan and his magical melta/flamer/SSTH list existed now do so. They do it for the background or the rules?

I like the background, I truly do but Id just like for a Legion to exist outside of "yeah just paint them blue and thats your Legion right there".

This is off topic as hell so we either agree to disagree or your free to make a new thread pointing out how everybody who thinks the current dex doesnt let you play a Legion is wrong and all you need to play as one is that Legions colour and screw the rules. Make it a poll so you can see how many people agree with you.

KingDeath
13-02-2011, 21:09

You must be kidding. Rubrics are currently one of the worst choices in the Chaos dex. They are expensive, can't take any special or heavy weapons and their ap3 bolters can largely be negated by cover. The sorcerer increases their pricetag to an almost ridiculous level while only adding an either mediocre or expensive psychic power. The 4+ invul safe is good yes, but you can get the same from cover.
Ahriman has the same problem. He is stupendously expensive but won't add too much to your army. His psychic powers aren't directly bad, but they generally fail to truly impress. Imo no matter what you do with him he will always underwhelm you, compared to a much cheaper prince.

Regarding the op's question, well, if thats what you desire, why not?
After all, it is better to play something you enjoy than to bore yourself with a codex you do not like. If anyone has a problem with that, well, that's their problem and not yours.

Still Standing
13-02-2011, 21:09
It is exactly on topic. In fact, it's the central concept of the topic.

Thousand Sons bikers, plasma gunners, flamers terminators DO exist in the codex. They are called stick bearers. You get an invulnerable save on all of those things, just like Rubric marines! Think of the Thousand Sons entry as an elite core within the legion or something.

Mannimarco
13-02-2011, 21:17
Sorry I prefer the fluff (I do enjoy the background) where it shows how Ahriman gathered a conclave of sorcerers and unleashed a truly epic spell (the rubric) which reduced every member of the TS legion do a sealed suit full of dust, the only marines who were spared were those with sorcerous ability. It was a spell so powerful that even daemons fled from it and it tore through every defence, physical and psychic to strike every TS until Magnus himself was forced to step in and stop it.

All Thousand Sons are rubrics with the exception of the sorcerers themselves. Even when they recruit new members they perform the rubric ritual (more background) so that guy with the stick in a unit with a plasma gun isnt a member of the TS Legion. Its not great fluff but its what we got.

If you dont have fancy ap3 bolters and other rubric rules then you aint a Thousand Sons Legionaire.

Why am I even debating so voraciously for these thousand sons? Im a pure death guard player, I use FW rules to bulk out the list and actually turn it into a real legion army that isnt just marines painted green and brown ;)

IAMNOTHERE
13-02-2011, 21:21
Word.

IMO play your TKsons with the GK dex, just do it well with a themed force and I'll be happy t0o play you.

Bring a dull and boring list and I'll probably walk away.

Still Standing
13-02-2011, 21:24
Who says all Rubrics have AP3 bolters (which is just a game mechanic, after all)? Why can't it just be an elite core who have that ability? The rest are perhaps just akin to normal Marines, but more resilient (the 5++ save).

Mannimarco
13-02-2011, 21:29
Ok you gotta do some piecing it together to get to the AP3 bolters but Ill walk through it.

All TS are rubrics with the exception of the sorcerers
the sorcerer takes each rubrics ammo and does some fancy warp mumbo jumbo on it to make it AP3
that squad now has AP3 bolters because of the sorcerer

If you are a rubric you will have AP3 bolters (your sorcerer leader does it). If you are not a rubric then you are not lead by a sorcerer then you will not have AP3 bolters but its ok because your not a thousand sons legionaire, you'd need be a rubric for that.

The fluff is the reason for the game mechanic.

Still Standing
13-02-2011, 21:31
If you can't understand, I doubt you ever will. You're using fluff to justify game mechanics, not the other way around.

Vaktathi
13-02-2011, 21:36
Who says all Rubrics have AP3 bolters (which is just a game mechanic, after all)? Why can't it just be an elite core who have that ability? The rest are perhaps just akin to normal Marines, but more resilient (the 5++ save).

So, the Rubric of Ahriman only affected the Tac marine equivalents, not the Bikers, Terminators, Havocs, Chosen, etc? The Icons of Tzeentch are not there to represent units affected by the Rubric of Ahriman, they represent the favor of Tzeentch. These are not the same thing. The Rubric affected all Thousand Sons, not all Tzeentch marines are Thousand Sons or would have the affect of the Rubric, and thus the Icon is there for non-Thousand Sons tzeentch marines. However Thousand Sons units are not accurately portrayed by the Icon's affects, and certainly wouldn't stop being Rubric marines if the stick guy dies.

Just as not all Khorne dedicated marines are Berzerkers, but all World Eaters are Berzerkers.

This dichotomy that shows the differences between the specialized Cult legions is made pretty clear in the Troops section. The problem is its not potrayed anywhere else in the book.

Still Standing
13-02-2011, 21:37
That's the complete opposite of my post...

Mannimarco
13-02-2011, 21:40
Im pointing out the reason for the game mechanics is actually based in the fluff.

Some games mechanics are rules for the sake of rules, this one is not.

The fluff clearly states that all TS are rubrics or sorcerers. All rubrics have the AP3 bolters. The guy with the stick and the plasma gunner are not rubrics and are not TS

Still Standing
13-02-2011, 21:42
They go hand in hand, but fluff is changed over time to match rules.

Inquisitor Gabriel Ashe
13-02-2011, 21:43
Except the fluff hasn't.

Depulsor
13-02-2011, 21:43
I agree, that the current chaos dex is just bad. :cries:
BUT the new grey knight codex just doesnt seem to be a good fit for 1k Sons at all. Stronger rules, yes, but imho an even worse representation of the fluff.
:eyebrows:

I would rather play someone who wrote his own 1k Sons list, than that. :shifty:

Still Standing
13-02-2011, 21:44
Except the fluff hasn't.

Of course the fluff has changed. They used to have apothecaries, librarians, techmarines and everything else a codex Chapter has.

But not we are actually getting in to the realms of a derailment, so lets leave it. :)

Korraz
13-02-2011, 21:46
Khorne Berzerkers
Plague Marines
Noise Marines
Thousand Sons

Only one of those entries is called specifically like a legion.
Chaos Space Marines with a Stick of Tzeentch are not Thousand Sons. They aren't.
Quoted and Translated from the 3.5 Codex: "Chaos Space Marines: The Aspiring Champion becomes a Chaos Sorcerer [...], the Chaos Space Marines gain the Mark/Rubric of Ahriman, which makes them members of the Thousand Sons,..."

And Salamander Players used "Purge the Unclean" before He'stan, and everyone was happy.

PolishSausage
13-02-2011, 23:34
Everybody, thank you for vigorously discussing this toppick. Now it makes sence that even though I would count as from the pure game point of view I would need to do massive conversions as the "counts as" would be very problematic. On the other hand I liked the idea of a Pre-Heresy TS, sounds like a very solid theme.

Another idea given to me by my friend is use TS as "elite conversions" in a GK army and everyone else kit bashed with the possessed kit, with a sorcerer as the unit leader.

Mannimarco
13-02-2011, 23:39
If you are going the preheresy route Id look at maxmini as they do some helmets that are a pretty good fit without having to do a lot of converting.

Souleater
13-02-2011, 23:47
I think the GK codex will make for a great Tzeentchian Codex (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4904903&postcount=1).

If the emphasis on HTH worries you either hang back on the assault upgrades or convert the choppier fellas to be some kind of guardian construct the sorcerers use to keep the unwashed hordes away.

The more I read about it the better fit it seems.

Fulgrim's Gimp
13-02-2011, 23:52
I am seriously thinking of this too,but, I am not planning on doing it for 40K Thousand Sons but pre-Heresy. Also there seems to b epossibly a precedent for using Storm Ravens as Storm Hawks as in Thousand Sons just I would go easy on the assault cannons. Also as far as current rumours go I'd possibly go for a Dreadknight as one of the robots used by Khalophis.

kaimarion
14-02-2011, 01:24
Most of the options from the last book were removed because the book was horribly overpowered

Yeah I almost forgot about all the people that cried cheese whenever you brought your CSM's out the case back then, especially whenever someone pulled out one of those uber cheddary mono-Tzeench armies ;)....

Ah nostalgia.

Soupcat
14-02-2011, 01:34
Why am I even debating so voraciously for these thousand sons? Im a pure death guard player, I use FW rules to bulk out the list and actually turn it into a real legion army that isnt just marines painted green and brown ;)

Out of pure curoisty what exsactly do you take for your death gaurd army? I have always been interested in them and since from what I hear they are the leigon that can be represented best in the current codex so I would know what you take usually?
Sorry to go off topic :D

Mannimarco
14-02-2011, 01:44
Yeah I almost forgot about all the people that cried cheese whenever you brought your CSM's out the case back then, especially whenever someone pulled out one of those uber cheddary mono-Tzeench armies ;)....Ah nostalgia.

Already covered that mate lol. Its this BS belief that ALL Chaos 3.5 was broken because of a handful of builds (daemon bomb, siren prince, IW heavy support spam).

Its like saying ALL Codex: Ultramarines is broken because of Vulkans magical melta/flamer/THSS list. ALL Orks are broken because of the wound allocation shenanigans of the nob bikers. ALL Eldar are broken because of the biker seer council. ALL imperial guard are broken because of the MechVets spam list. ALL daemons are broken because of the fatecrusher build.

The problem is we are looking back at it with todays prejudices, we got beaten by it then so its forever cheesy and must never happen again. It may have been bad for its time but a lot of this hatred of it is half remembered rage and outright fallacies because a guy who knows a guy read about a guy who played against a guy said it was cheesy. Its your basic group memory: we all heard so many times of all these horror stories about haw bad it supposedly was we start to hype it up in our own minds that it was basically an IWIN button, no matter what you took or what list you build you couldnt lose with it because it was just soooo powerful there was nothing at the time or even now that could stand against anything in that book.

Id like people to go back and look at the book, build up a couple of lists, dont just go by the hatred you read about on TEH INTERNETS or your own half remembered memories of what it might have been like back when you played it all those years ago.

Judge it compared to the codexes of the time: it was incredibly powerful
judge it by todays standards: not even close to as powerful, it would actually struggle against todays lists.

Out of pure curoisty what exsactly do you take for your death gaurd army? I have always been interested in them and since from what I hear they are the leigon that can be represented best in the current codex so I would know what you take usually?
Sorry to go off topic :D

The current codex in no way covers the death guard legion unless you want to take typhus and spam plague marines. If you are open to forgeworld then the Death Guard Legion are the best supported Legion being able to take a true Nurgle dedicated unit in each slot of the FOC with the inclusion of another special character HQ, the plague ogryns ELITES, and 2 new daemon engines, one in FAST ATTACK and another in HEAVY SUPPORT

Mewy
14-02-2011, 02:34
I think the new GK codex may represent a good pre-heresy TS army. The stuff I've heard that's in the TS Horus Heresy novel say things about Valkyries/Stormravens flanking battles guided and covered by psyker shields, units of advances mechs and robots (dreadknights) psychically controlled by telepathy to fight with the speed and higher strength of an astartes without the risk of losing marine life.

It does not however represent a current timeline TS list. And neither does the current chaos codex. The current codex focuses on renegades. Not Black Legion. Ever notice that most, if not ALL the special characters are exiles? Ahriman is not welcome in the TS homeworld, Magnus hates what he did to the legion. Mortarion was against pain and suffering, Typhus was all for it. Kharne the betrayer... key is in the name. Even Abaddon is shunned as a failure by the black legion.

Mannimarco
14-02-2011, 02:44
Even Abaddon is shunned as a failure by the black legion.

Although this is off topic I would like a source for this. Dont need the exact page number if you dont know it off by heart (few people know page numbers off by heart) but give me the book and Ill find it myself.

Everything I have ever seen (ever) shows that hes still the guy. Marines still flock to his banner and nobody could unite the forces of Chaos like he can.

The only people I have ever seen calling him a failure are the players themselves who see the fact he isnt stomping across Terra as a sign of failure.

Mewy
14-02-2011, 02:47
That could be where I got it from. It might have been from the prev book or the EoT codex. Suggesting that even after 13 unholy crusades he was unable to do much significant damage to the Imperium. On the other hand he could be an exception to the rule (but i think he is the only one) because he is in collaberance with the Iron Warriors: I believe the Defiler was a creation by either them of the dark mechanicus for Abaddon.

Mannimarco
14-02-2011, 02:58
The defiler is DarkMech Im pretty sure. Abaddon is a pretty scary guy who has to be doing somthing right if nobody has stepped in and replaced him. He bears the Mark of Chaos Ascendant, nobody else (other than Horus himself) had this, he continues to serve and the Gods without becoming a pawn to any single one of them. Abaddon - hes actually pretty good at what he does unfortunately he cant ultimately win as this would mean the destruction of the Imperium and that would mess the story up for to many people.

To this day people still bemoan the death of the Squats, can you imagine the nerd rage if GW were to come out and say "yep Abaddon is great, he has unleashed the planet killer and wiped out Cadia, several imperial guard companies, several astartes chapters and a massive chunk of the Imperial fleet, hes now en route to Terra". So instead we have to be satisfied with the knowledge that he has in fact breached the Cadian gate several times, made off with a few of the only weapon that can destroy a Ctan (that isnt another Ctan) and has destroyed a few meaningless planets here and there.

Liber Chaotica Khorne shows that Abaddon did not personally lead every single Black Crusade and has achieved his goals in at least 4 of them, we have no information whatsoever on another 4 and 4 show that he has failed. The book was released before the 13th Crusade which is the worldwide campaign from a few years ago. This was a Chaos victory.

The idea that "hurr hurr Abby sux cuz he failed 13 times hurr hurr" has no basis in the fluff and is just from the fans online who think if he isnt tearing the Emperor from the Golden Throne then he failed.

Mewy
14-02-2011, 03:36
You speak the truth. I guess it's just fan wishlisting that GW will eventually release a Codex: Chaos Legions which doesn't seem too likely.

Mannimarco
14-02-2011, 03:49
I speak as much truth as any true follower of the Dark Gods does ;).

The Chaos Legions will happen, it will be the CSM dex released in 2013. They say there was always plans to do a Legion dex with the current one being a renegades one however that plan has kinnda fallen away.

Scorpius_78
14-02-2011, 04:00
I speak as much truth as any true follower of the Dark Gods does ;).

The Chaos Legions will happen, it will be the CSM dex released in 2013. They say there was always plans to do a Legion dex with the current one being a renegades one however that plan has kinnda fallen away.

Thatís right man, keep the faith

One day we will return

Mewy
14-02-2011, 04:05
All is dust!

Mannimarco
14-02-2011, 04:13
And on that day we will remember the bandwagon hoppers as they return to us and they shall ask to be allowed to return to us and we shall look down upon them from our thrones molded from our own teeth that we have gnashed out because of 4.0 and held together with the tears of fluff nuts and Legion players, we shall look upon those begging to return and shall say simply "no" before shooing them away with our new shiny codex.

And they shall forever be lost, stuck between the worlds using the new shiny dex to represent their army and the believers in the True Gods! They will find no shelter for there is no way for a traitor to return to the imperium no matter how desperately they try to make it fit the fluff and we Chaos players are jaded, cynical and bitter and will not share our moment in the spotlight with these fair weather friends!

page 1 - the Book of Mannimarco, prophet of Chaos, fanbody of Forgeworld and believer that Chaos will be strong once again.

Asuron
14-02-2011, 04:26
Depending on your looks, I'll think about it. :D
Just stay clear of stuff like Storm Ravens and keep it fluffy. I cringe when I see people with a "Word Bearers" army that is using Space Wolves. And guys on horses as Thunderwolves.

Someones been reading BOLS lately=P
Seriously cant believe Goatboy thought that noone would call him on that

I agree with the statement though
As long as you try to adhere to Thousand sons theme and don't just make the pretence of it, without following through, then I have no issue

Scorpius_78
14-02-2011, 04:53
And on that day we will remember the bandwagon hoppers as they return to us and they shall ask to be allowed to return to us and we shall look down upon them from our thrones molded from our own teeth that we have gnashed out because of 4.0 and held together with the tears of fluff nuts and Legion players, we shall look upon those begging to return and shall say simply "no" before shooing them away with our new shiny codex.

And they shall forever be lost, stuck between the worlds using the new shiny dex to represent their army and the believers in the True Gods! They will find no shelter for there is no way for a traitor to return to the imperium no matter how desperately they try to make it fit the fluff and we Chaos players are jaded, cynical and bitter and will not share our moment in the spotlight with these fair weather friends!

page 1 - the Book of Mannimarco, prophet of Chaos, fanbody of Forgeworld and believer that Chaos will be strong once again.

Chaos never stop being strong my friend.

Thou we may have been weakened, we most certainly are not defeated. And while are options may be few, and are choices limited. We will not stop fighting the good fight. Others may have abandoned us, they run to their new bolt holes as if it can hide them from the god’s punishment. They will run and cower for they are not but the weak willed. But all is not lost, for we have allies that have taken up this glorious fight as well. Forge World has given us three holy tomes (more then any other race) with which to continue are holy war against the false Emperor.

Let those who wish to leave be gone from the god’s sight, for only the faithful may one day rain with new power. And always remember while we may have been dealt a serious blow, we are not defeated. For to survive, you must endure and progress. And by that logic we most certainly have survived!

On topic, its cool I guess. I would have a problem playing ya. At the end of the day they are your models to do with as you please.

terradax
14-02-2011, 04:57
Pls make them pre-heresy :D

Warp-Juicer
14-02-2011, 05:12
I'm sure he'll post here again, so if he does I just want to leave a little note for the guy who think you can represent Rubrics with Stick-marines.
So when the banner dies, what exactly happens to the rubrics. Do they RECONSTITUTE FROM THE DUST?
You would think if that solved the problem, Magnus would of personally obliterated every TS foolish enough to pick up a stick.

I wait for the day Chaos is strong again, however I think GW is too happy in the pants about their imperial books to notice something is wrong.

TheFuzziestBear
14-02-2011, 06:15

But lo the banished ones will turn to the all powerful "G"reedy "W"ons, and with bribes of paper and plastic will steal copies of the shiny new codex and be smug with their new powerful armies once again.

Note: This isn't to criticize the OP. Counts as and other weird armies are awesome IMO. It's about the people that do it purely to chase strong books not the ones who do it for the fun of it. I think the GK 'dex is shaping up to be awesome for 1k Sons pre or post Heresy. Also nitpick although it hasn't become an arguement here I've seen it before and really just need to get it out of my system. It is Grey Knights regardless of where you are from. The color can have alternate spellings in the US for example, but as a name it is inaccurate to use that spelling.

Gatsby
14-02-2011, 07:17
The ONLY issue I have is the exorbitant amount of marine counts as (btw I AM a tsons player.) Tsons have a codex, albeit a crappy one. And grey knights are hardly a good counts as because of the incredible CC power they have.

As for playing you, I'd probably pass up unless it was a tournament. If only because of the excessive amount of counts as you'd have to have, and I hate dealing withe so much. I'd probably just hand you a 3.5 dex and say make a list with that and we'll play.

Cognitave
14-02-2011, 08:17
Normally I come into these threads, barking and raising a crap storm, but I wouldn't mind this one. I played Thousand Sons for the longest time, and to be frank, GW just took a large dump on them.

As long as you go out of your way to make it fluffy as possible (focus on the psychic powers), I guess it'd be fine.

Thanatos_elNyx
14-02-2011, 10:15
I agree with everything Mannimarco has said in this thread.

I may consider using the GK book to represent 1kSons.
Hell, my Terminators are already converted Grey Knight terminators.
(Some say GK have never fallen to Chaos, bah! propaganda)