PDA

View Full Version : So..which Tau Sept should I start?

Dvora
14-02-2011, 22:23
These are what I am considering..

Wrath
14-02-2011, 22:31
Vior'la for color scheme.
Sa'cea for symbol. <looks like a death star =] >

Torpedo Vegas
14-02-2011, 22:32
I'd go with what you like.

Now for my favorite, I don't know the name, but that army scheme in the back of the BRB, the Red with blue looks really good.

Mannimarco
14-02-2011, 22:33
Why no Farsight Enclave? All Tau septs are the same anyway apart from the colour scheme.

If Farsight isnt your thing go Vior'la and paint them in their original colour scheme.

Dvora
14-02-2011, 22:48
I've tried Farsight..but..close combat tau makes my face melt.

ForgottenLore
14-02-2011, 23:08
Why not make your own sept instead of copying one of GW's sub-factions?

Mannimarco
14-02-2011, 23:12
Or a preexisting variation of an existing force? Ive always been fond of Brightswords forces that attacked Sarcassa.

Both he and his forces appeared on the cover of city fight and the white dwarf showcasing it.

TheLaughingGod
15-02-2011, 00:16
All of them.

Dvora
15-02-2011, 01:14
This is going to be my only book painted army, everything else is of my own design. I decided with Tau to have a fluff army is all. But thank you for your suggestions I do appreciate them.

Wolf Lord Balrog
15-02-2011, 02:01
M'Ono B'uild Sept. Its the one that only ever deploys one kind of force, using one kind of tactic. I hear they are the only sept that wins any battles anymore ...

thevampiredio
15-02-2011, 02:27
there's no different sept rules anyway. just go with the color u like.
but why not make your own sept?

ForgottenLore
15-02-2011, 02:31
There aren't just no separate rules for different septs, there is barely any fluff to distinguish them. A paragraph or two describing 1-2 super-broad generalities is about all you get for any sept.

Malphax
15-02-2011, 04:42
My sept is Ksi'm'yen or somesuch, Silver Fox I think, which I dug out of the language primer in the 3rd edition codex. I hated all of the color schemes, so I made my own, which is mostly blues/greens and a lot of turquoise. It looks very aquatic and spiffy, especially on the tanks and drones.

It doesn't look too great on battlesuits, but battlesuits are kinda ugly anyway.

Captain Semper
15-02-2011, 06:17
You know, unlike Space Marines, Tau can change their uniform colors depending on battlefield conditions. So if you like the symbol of say Sa'cea why not use it with a paint scheme that is not necessarily assosiated with that sept. T'au are generally yellowish with brown pants but surely if they fight in an urban environment they will revert to more grey/black/blue colors for example... So you can have the best of two worlds: 1) use GW transfers of Tau symbols on your vechicles (very difficult to achieve free hand - for me anyway) and 2) come up with a color scheme you are more comfortable working with! And fluff is COMPLETELY unharmed by that!

Voted Sa'cea - love the color scheme!

Okuto
15-02-2011, 18:50
Sa'cea, they have a sick color scheme, though mine are painted in black/blues

Shas'o Lar
15-02-2011, 22:48
Actually, somebody's missing the fluff here. The only Sept markings on, for example, a Fire Warrior are a few strips of Sept colour that represent the rank. The Sept colour for Sa'cea is Fiery Orange, T'au use Skull White, Au'taal Scorpion Green, etc. The actual colour schemes - like the blue-grey one associated with Sa'cea - is an universal camouflage used throughout all the Septs. Just look at page 59 of the Codex Tau Empire, everything's there.

TL;DR - all colour schemes are universal, this is not the Space Marines :P