PDA

View Full Version : Question about monstrous creatures

Warbastard
15-02-2011, 00:57
Hey gang, just a quick question - Im building a nid army and was reading that monstrous creatures can be taken in units now. My question is - are they able to act independently once deployed or do they have to stick together? I have looked for official clarification but cant get an answer :/.
My 'educated' guess is that they can act as independent units. reasoning is - if 2 fex deploy in mycetic spores but scatter out of coherency then they would be destroyed. this would make no sense of course, but I cant find a definitive answer. Help!!

Also, best build for a carnifex under the current rule system?

Thanks!

Depulsor
15-02-2011, 01:12
Also, best build for a carnifex under the current rule system?

A Trygon or a Tervigon. :shifty: :D

LonelyPath
15-02-2011, 01:19
The Carnifex suffers greatly in the current codex, better going for the Trygon, Tervigon or Mawloc.

PostinDirty
15-02-2011, 01:22
they have to stick together, they're a unit, they have no rules allowing them or forcing them to split off like zoanthropes and lictors from the previous codex.

they're expensive, pointswise, but i still find them great as a brood of two (and probably three, i still have to build another) armed with devourers.

zantis
15-02-2011, 01:24
1)they do act as a squad (they stick together)
2)you cant put more than 1 fex in a pod.
3)if you take a fex in a pod, the squad can only have 1 fex.
4)Depulsor and Lonelypath are correct. fexes are obscenely overpriced (points) in this codex, dont even bother with them. go with a trygon, tyrannofex, or tervigon.

Bestaltan
15-02-2011, 01:39
A lot of your rules queries are answered in the codex. Make sure that you have a copy.

But as for carnifexes......Yea, your best bet is probably the other heavy support choices. Heck, depending on your list, a mawloc far outstrips carnifexes at just 10 points more.

PostinDirty
15-02-2011, 06:34
depending on your list, the mawloc can also be a total chump compared to the fex :s

end of the day just play with the damned thing and suss out whether it works out for you or not. there's always the option for conversion

Warbastard
16-02-2011, 00:13
Its just a pain coz I painted it now :D I might take the crushing claws off and swap them for devourers..... damn GW.....