PDA

View Full Version : Should the 40k forum have a frequent thread sticky

The Marshel
15-02-2011, 12:36
So, just now another "why does everyone hate ultramarines" thread has popped up. Its a reasonably regular thread that appears in a few forms (sometimes it just matt ward hate, sometimes it very specific avatar related junk) and its been talked to death many many times. I think most reasonable warseeres can agree the issues with ultramarines are very simple, mostly caused by the 5th ed codex and only as big of a problem as you wish to make it (via various interpretations of fluff points)

its not the only example of very commonly recurring threads. we've seen regular "no love for *insert chaos god here*" threads, the ever popular why are there no female space marines, a million and one wishlist threads, "is so and so legal in a tournament/cheesy?". the list goes on.

so does anyone think maybe it would be a good idea to make a sticky with links to these threads? i know people are suppose to use the search system but its really not happening (waiting for someone to call me out and link a thread similar to this). a simple flick through a short list of the most recurring topics on warseer would save alot of threads, flame wars and general hassle. sure, sometimes there is something that can be added to a discussion, but most the time people could get their answers just by reading an existing thread on the matter.

so what do you say? should such a sticky exist and if so, what recurring threads would u like to see in it?

Lord Damocles
15-02-2011, 12:42
As good as the idea [potentially] is, I'm not convinced that frequent topic stickies actually do much to stop said frequent topics. 40K Background has such a sticky, but it doesn't seem to do a great deal to discourage 'Who is the primarch of the Blood Ravens?!?' threads from being started.

EDIT: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5315878#post5315878