PDA

View Full Version : BA as Loyalist World Eaters

Agriss
16-02-2011, 19:34
after reading Fulgrim, and realising how wrong chaos truly is, i wanted to create an army that might better reflect the loyalist World eaters. i am hoping to come up with names for all the BA units , and was hoping you could help.

feed me your thoughts, as i can no longer bare to recall the novel fulgrim, due to captions such as this:

"He's dead", whispered Fulgrim, the aching loss and guilt of his crime too monstrous too beleive."i killed him"

Yes, you did.With your own hands, you struck down your brother, he who had only thought well of you and fought faithfully with you through all the long years.

"He..he was my brother"

He was, and all he ever did was honour you

I almost cried it made me so sad :cries:

i intend NOT to use them for their STORMRAVEN CHEESE and merely for their fluffiness. i am also bored with my traitors and hope to sell them in the distant future. so, what do you think, is it a good idea, or bad one? Are World Eaters represented best by the BA codex, or is is overdone? FEED ME YOUR KNOWLEDGE!!!!!

Simo429
16-02-2011, 20:05
There was an army at this years caledonian open did exactly the same thing, won the painting competition. Search and you should find the forum for it with some pics.

Agriss
16-02-2011, 20:17
it was space wolves. wrong codex mate. cannot get the images up, but still think BA would be better. keep comments coming please!

IcedCrow
16-02-2011, 20:54
Yes. I would say if you wanted to do a pre-heresy World Eaters that the Blood Angels rules would pretty much sum them up quite well.

Agriss
16-02-2011, 20:59
do any of you think the stormraven might be an option?

peterjameslewis711
16-02-2011, 21:07
I wouldnt use storm ravens personally especially for a pre heresy thing but thats just me, i love the ba codex as world eaters (its what i do), and use bezerkers with death company rules and it fits well, keeping them pretty much the same stats bar ld, rage and fnp and non scoring (which imo fits PERFECTLY-why would they sit on an objective while the battle rages on).
Chaplains as the gladitorial champions, the reclusiarch as a shigher ranking commander and seth as kharn (use his whirlwind thingy whenever he attacks and it seems very very fluffy and fun).

Bunnahabhain
16-02-2011, 21:11

Only, and this is a big only, if you heavily convert, or use a different model.

As far as I'm concerned, that hideous thing is never an option, as is.

As pre heresy world eaters, Blood angels are perfect, rules wise. Just leave out the librarians, as they didn't exist pre-heresy.

jingles 97
16-02-2011, 21:13
i colect a pre heresy army using blood angels rules i find they work perfecty using seth as kharn and saguinary priests as besecer surgens

IcedCrow
16-02-2011, 21:32
Did they have the stormraven pre-heresy? If not, then I would say that using it in your force would preclude it from its background...

unheilig
16-02-2011, 21:35
The Death Company could represent the first vestiges of true Berserkers amongst the loyalist world eaters as well.

Xandros
16-02-2011, 21:52
Important thing is the World Eaters are largely infantry based, much like the Space Wolves.

Jump packs and bikes generally aren't. In my opinion, Codex Chaos Space Marines is perfectly good for this purpose, but Codex Blood Angels may provide you with a tougher anvil unit in the form of Death Company. There is also the Stormravens, Land Speeders and Baal Predators, although it's debatable whether Land Speeders fit into a Chaos-themed list.

Zanzibarthefirst
16-02-2011, 21:57
Ive also contemplated using death company rules but i would struggle to fit an astorath character in. Seth is a good idea mind

Bold_or_Stupid
17-02-2011, 00:19
Could the Sanguinor fit for Angron? Absolutley built to kill the hardest thing in your opponents army. Though you'd have to convert a model for it.

Mannimarco
17-02-2011, 00:27
There is already an Angron model if using GW models isnt really essential to you although hes probably to small.

It shouldnt be to hard to convert up an Angron from existing parts as shown here:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/8/26/49840_md-Angron,%2520Chaos%2520Space%2520Marines,%2520Horus %2520Heresy,%2520Primarch,%2520World%2520Eaters.jp g&imgrefurl=http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/49840-Angron%2520world%2520eater's%2520primarch.html&h=640&w=480&sz=47&tbnid=Jm4KRE9xcxwRRM:&tbnh=137&tbnw=103&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dangron%2Bconversion%2Bpics&zoom=1&q=angron+conversion+pics&hl=en&usg=__l_VKc1OLHip-eDEpaKOXOvp9KiY=&sa=X&ei=6WpcTY6ZDcev8QPyoa2VAg&ved=0CCMQ9QEwBQ

The upper body looks like Mephiston with a little work across the chest and the legs are the WHFB archaon on foot.

Agriss
17-02-2011, 13:50
thanks for the opinions, i think i shall use the BA codex, but i am still wondering about all the names for various units, so what have you got?

Bunnahabhain
17-02-2011, 14:16
How many actually need changing? Aren't most fine as they are , or not being used at all?

tezdal
17-02-2011, 21:20

World Eaters throw bricks, they don't fly 'em