PDA

View Full Version : Help Identifying OOP VC/TK model...maybe...

Aeron
16-02-2011, 23:33
Hi, i'm not sure where to put this - i've found a model in a pile of models I have and i'm not sure what it is?!

Its a skeleton chariot with wings - I *think* it was for previous Tomb Kings but possibly oop VCs. :confused:

I cannot find any pictures of it online so i'm having trouble identifying it!

No idea what it is and quite frankly I dont like the model at all, roll on new TKs I say :p

Many thanks :)

And apologies if this is in any way inappropriate.

Nate.

Ultimate Life Form
16-02-2011, 23:35
Arkhan the Black?

Makaber
16-02-2011, 23:41
Yep, sounds like Arkhan the Black allright. The model is positivly ancient, from the late eighties or early nineties I think. Back then, there were no Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings; instead there was the catch-all "Undead" army book. Arkhan was Nagash' lieutenant, and rides around in a necromantic chariot made from the still-living heart and wings of a Manticore.

http://img9.imageshack.us/i/arkhan.jpg/

Captainbastard
16-02-2011, 23:42
It was a liche character that had a big flying chariot! It came from the 4th edition book from before they separated the two armies.

I heard a rumour that a GW employee's family member actually picked up the mold and dropped it so it was no longer made.

It was a really brutal character I remember that much. Like everything in 4th edition undead, totally overpowered compared to anyhting in the new books.

Captainbastard
16-02-2011, 23:47
The sight of that mini brings back bad memories lol.

Aeron
16-02-2011, 23:56
Its him!!

Thanks guys - what a hideous model :p

He's off to live in a box in the darkest corner of the garage once more *shudder*

Just wondered wtf it/he was...

cheers folks!

Nate.

sigur
17-02-2011, 00:02
I'd gladly take it if you really don't like the miniature. :)

Ultimate Life Form
17-02-2011, 00:15
I identified it, so I'm gonna get it! :mad:

Gekiganger
17-02-2011, 02:33
Its him!!

Thanks guys - what a hideous model :p

He's off to live in a box in the darkest corner of the garage once more *shudder*

Just wondered wtf it/he was...

cheers folks!

Nate.

A shame considering how cool Arkhan was, though the new books seem to be doing their best to remedy that.

Kevlar
17-02-2011, 02:37
Looks pretty nice to me.

http://www.coolminiornot.com/219137

scarletsquig
17-02-2011, 06:14
Yeah, seems fine for me, especially for it's time.

The chariot is much better than the rider though, I really like the concept of the beating heart and wings of a manticore.