PDA

View Full Version : Update for DA ever coming?

antonsuechi
17-02-2011, 04:41
Has anyone heard anything about the Dark Angels ever getting updated? I'm slowly watching my army get weaker and weaker and less and less effective as more codexes come out that can do exactly what I can do, but slightly better. I mean look at the Space Wolves. They just took my Terminator army right out from me and do it better than I can. I hope that we get an update or it might start to look like we're getting shelved.

Vhalyar
17-02-2011, 04:45
DA just had their FAQ updated, which makes them pretty nasty actually. Also wrong forum.

chromedog
17-02-2011, 04:50
^What he said.

The recent buff means they have been made playable and competitive for a while longer - I wouldn't expect a codex before next year though.

You'll still be outnumbered though.

AlexHolker
17-02-2011, 04:56
There are no reliable rumours of any new codex, just Space Marine players trying to make up excuses for them to get even more support.

shabbadoo
17-02-2011, 05:44
antonsuechi: Seeing as you are new, you should read this thread: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26207

Sephiroth
17-02-2011, 11:20
I hope that we get an update or it might start to look like we're getting shelved.

A Space Marine Player, fearing they're getting shelved?

The words. I can not even begin. ;) :p

stahly
17-02-2011, 11:47
GW doesn't write books for sheer competativeness. The current Dark Angel Codex is a nice book in the current style of 40k codices (bestiary, seperate army list) and has a nicely presented fluff. There aren't any huge gaps in the DA model range, too. Even though Dark Angels are Space Marines, other armies should be higher on the priority list, especially those with an old style army book like Necrons, Tau, Black Templars and Witch Hunters.

MajorWesJanson
17-02-2011, 11:52
I hope that we get an update or it might start to look like we're getting shelved.

Or hopefully just merged into the main Codex: SM. Some Special characters, a return of the 3 wound chaplain, and it's fine.

Sir_Turalyon
17-02-2011, 11:53
What everybody said. Judging by the fact that Sisters and Grey Knights did not get their updates, Grey Knights are around the corner and Sisters have already been sighted, my guess is Dark Angels and Templars are far behind in queue. GW has history of giving armies such radical updates as way of saying "we know your current book doesn't work, but new one isn't coming in years. So take this rules and enjoy" (Blood Angels in 4th, Sisters in 3rd, Bretonnians and Wood Elves in early 6th, Dark Elves in mid 6th, "second edition" Dark Angels and Dark Eldar in 3rd...). Actualy I remember only one such update heralding new armybook (Chaos Warriors in 7th, but it was because Deamon armybook left their old one in mess).