PDA

View Full Version : Theres already an Orc book on eBay?

BaSe
18-02-2011, 18:57
Just found this on sale.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290535942677&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

I want it... now (I can wait im sure).

Ultimate Life Form
18-02-2011, 19:13
Fascinating...

It will be interesting to see how much people are willing to pay just to get this a bit earlier. Since we on WarSeer already know most of its relevant content, we can sit back, relax and enjoy the show. :D

scarletsquig
18-02-2011, 20:16
Well, the Lancaster GW store is in for a tongue-lashing if they catch wind of this...

Captainbastard
18-02-2011, 20:18
They probably don't even have the book and will wait for it to arrive in the post in March, and then send it on.

Alternatively it could be a "bootleg version" of the new book.

theunwantedbeing
18-02-2011, 20:43
How did he buy it legit if it's not on sale?

Shimmergloom
18-02-2011, 20:46
They probably give a few free copies away to people who worked on it or to staff or somesuch.

So since it's there copy, they can legally sell it if they wish to.

Anyone willing to pay double the price to get it about 2 weeks early is something completely different.

friendsofrhomb
18-02-2011, 21:16
Those of us in australia have to pay double for it anyway.... thanks to GW's hugely inflated prices over here. Im going to have to wait an extra few weeks for my book, Im getting it from maelstrom $32, instead of $60... thanks GW

snottlebocket
18-02-2011, 21:17
They probably give a few free copies away to people who worked on it or to staff or somesuch.

So since it's there copy, they can legally sell it if they wish to.

Anyone willing to pay double the price to get it about 2 weeks early is something completely different.

So far nobody is paying anything.

ftayl5
19-02-2011, 04:24
Those of us in australia have to pay double for it anyway.... thanks to GW's hugely inflated prices over here. Im going to have to wait an extra few weeks for my book, Im getting it from maelstrom $32, instead of $60... thanks GW

Indeed!
Shame postage is only to UK, it'd actually be cheaper for me ($10 cheaper).

Torpedo Vegas
19-02-2011, 05:02
Not entirely unheard of, my FLGS was selling DE a solid week before the official release.

H33D
19-02-2011, 05:48
I already read the whole dang thing why would I want to buy one if I don't even play the army?

By the way the book is awesome. I like the Skulkers! (Like Assassins but crappy stat-line but ASF and KB)

xxRavenxx
19-02-2011, 09:15
Most likely way he got it:

Brick and mortar stores get to order the "launch package" (I think thats its name this time, it changes constantly because the rep can never remember).

It consists of a couple of the new kits, and the army book. This time it was the armybook, the spider and the savage orks (but not the boars).

You are not meant to sell them on. I doubt GW hugely care, nor really notice.

Incidently, it means I've had my armybook for a week already :) Its a nice perk to running a shop.

snottlebocket
19-02-2011, 10:53
Most likely way he got it:

Brick and mortar stores get to order the "launch package" (I think thats its name this time, it changes constantly because the rep can never remember).

It consists of a couple of the new kits, and the army book. This time it was the armybook, the spider and the savage orks (but not the boars).

You are not meant to sell them on. I doubt GW hugely care, nor really notice.

Incidently, it means I've had my armybook for a week already :) Its a nice perk to running a shop.

Videogame publishers generally care a lot. If you get caught selling videogames before the release date you are often penalized by a few weeks delay for new releases. Not the same thing but still, this sort of thing is generally frowned upon quite a bit.

Morkash
19-02-2011, 21:44
I tried to convince the local store to sell me the Black Box book, but he said he cannot do that because there are pilgrims from all over the land travelling to his door, just to get a glimpse on the new book.

Jedi152
19-02-2011, 21:49
It'll be pulled the second someone from GW sees it.

The only way he has it is if he has stolen it or a staff member stole it for him.

Andy p
19-02-2011, 21:55
Id laugh if it was just someone putting up pictures of it and in reality, if anyone buys it, it turns out to be the old book.
In fact I wouldnt laugh, because that sort of thing often happens on Ebay.

xxRavenxx
19-02-2011, 22:07
The only way he has it is if he has stolen it or a staff member stole it for him.

Or, y'know, my way? :)

I'm sticking with brick and mortar independent flogging their demo items early.

Captainbastard
19-02-2011, 22:33
I'm sticking with the "bootleg edition" made up of photos taken in the GW and later scanner and stuck together. If anything it is more funny than some staffer selling the book early.

Urgat
19-02-2011, 22:47
Just look at the guy's infos; xxRavenxx is definitively right.

SeñorSpank
19-02-2011, 23:02
He probably stole the store copy. My store has a copy on display for people to look through

Jedi152
19-02-2011, 23:10
I'm sticking with brick and mortar independent flogging their demo items early.
I doubt a staff member would risk their job to sell someone a book 2 weeks early... ;)

xxRavenxx
19-02-2011, 23:19
Risk their job? He probably owns the shop...

The copy for my shop has been to my house for 3 days for a read through, then lent to a friend for a look through, as I wont need it again till next week.

Anyway. I'm changing my vote to stolen. Because clearly stealing a book from an official GW store is the most logical answer :P Mines stolen too. (And so is my wife!)

Urgat
19-02-2011, 23:20
You stole your wife? That's pretty sneaky! :D

snottlebocket
19-02-2011, 23:34
You stole your wife? That's pretty sneaky! :D

Stealing wives is a proud tradition amongst troglodytes the world over. (http://www.oglaf.com/media/comic/humanwomen.jpg)

GodlessM
20-02-2011, 00:15
Bad auction. Pay more money than the book is worth to have it less than 2wks early.

Ultimate Life Form
20-02-2011, 00:40
No bids yet? :(

Someone must be desperate (or crazy) enough to do that...

Cragum
20-02-2011, 01:54
If no one is bidding probably bets on no one really wanting to go there...

I for one can wait. If you can't then my god you have a addiction problem....

Balerion
20-02-2011, 11:51
I will laugh so hard if nobody buys this. The guy probably had feverish fantasies of the bidding rising into the hundreds, and now it looks like the entire world is smart and patient enough to realize that there's no point paying extra for a couple of weeks of semi-exclusivity.

It's ebay, though, so I'm guessing some flake with more money that he can use will swoop in and grab it as the auction's ending.

Cragum
20-02-2011, 12:08
I will laugh so hard if nobody buys this. The guy probably had feverish fantasies of the bidding rising into the hundreds, and now it looks like the entire world is smart and patient enough to realize that there's no point paying extra for a couple of weeks of semi-exclusivity.

It's ebay, though, so I'm guessing some flake with more money that he can use will swoop in and grab it as the auction's ending.

What would be even better if the person with more than sense buys it. Takes it to battle and everyone just tells him to sod off cause they don't want to play against until it gets properly released... then he still has to wait... lol

Gork or Possibly Mork
20-02-2011, 14:31
Just look at the guy's infos; xxRavenxx is definitively right.

It does say he bought it legit from GW though. :shifty:

xxRavenxx
20-02-2011, 17:56
Hes not likely to buy it from Hasbro now is he? :)

GW distribution and GW the shop get confused very easily :)

Gork or Possibly Mork
21-02-2011, 02:51
Hes not likely to buy it from Hasbro now is he? :)

GW distribution and GW the shop get confused very easily :)

Lol. Im just saying it says he bought it legit and since it's not for sale yet afaik i find it hard to believe.

He's certainly suspect for having sticky fingers if you ask me.

Ultimate Life Form
21-02-2011, 03:17
Hopefully the book isn't sticky from his fingers, or else I would complain. :shifty:

Gork or Possibly Mork
21-02-2011, 03:36
Hopefully the book isn't sticky from his fingers, or else I would complain. :shifty:

Hey i said sticky fingers not sticky pages. Are you saying the book comes with a foldout poster of miss febuwaaaghry in her spider thong! :D

Private_SeeD
21-02-2011, 03:56
lmao, still no bids.. he is selling other GW stuff maybe he's a career thief, but looking at his ebay info he does seem to be a legit person specially from his feedback and he does sell a lot of GW related stuff

Urgat
21-02-2011, 08:05
He would have started under the actual price, he would definitively have sold it for more expensive in the end (I've noticed people tend to try and outbid others even when they end up buying more expensive than what they would if they just went to the shop). Now he can get a few last minute bids, but he won't get much out of it, I think.

xxRavenxx
21-02-2011, 10:22
I might post a photo of me holding a copy of the book tonight, to see how many people call the police to report my life of crime :P

Career thief indeed. Heh. Its astonishing how many people jump to that conclusion, and dont read the thread, where it is stated several times, that independant retailers can ALL get a copy, from GW, legitimately, that is intended for display purposes.

He is breaking the terms of a verbal contract of sale. He is not breaking any laws, nor stealing, nor to the best of my knowledge hurting small animals, or kidnapping children...

Back on topic: I'm surprised he didnt just offer his launch pack out locally. I bet many people worry that they wont get the book any ealier than anyone else, and will have paid more.

I know that my box of feral orks are being carefully assembled and painted by a customer, to be displayed in the store for a week, then placed in his army box in exchange for cash :P (This, incidently, is specificly allowed.)

Ultimate Life Form
21-02-2011, 12:54
4 hours left and still no one wants this? :confused:

Crube
21-02-2011, 13:10
Thing is, there has been such a clamp down on this sort of thing recently that the people who would have paid over the odds have now (generally) stopped even looking.

It's not a bad price per se, but when you consider the book can be ordered from Wayland/Maelstrom et al for about £20 including postage, you're talking an extra £13. For most people in the current economic climate that's too much. That's a box of soldiers (well, nearly ;))

bigspider
21-02-2011, 13:16
I am the aformed seller on ebay. My friend told me there was a post on here about it.

I have signed up just as I felt reading through this I was being made out as a thief or other things. I am a gamer, simple. I popped into Kendal GW asking to have a nosey at the book and they had one of each item for sale. The guy said it was 1st come 1st served. I snapped the book straight away as I am about to start Orcs. I then did decide to sell it to make a little money. Why? Because starting a new army costs so dam much. If I make a profit superb. If not, nothings lost. I will be buying the book again if it goes upon release. So there you go :) An honest sale from a legit seller :)
Now wether Kendal GW should have sold me it... well thats not my problem.

Elithis Lives
21-02-2011, 13:30
Well bigSpider, you have just ruined every ones fun on here. I hope you are happy with your-self now! :p Anyone know of a good griping thread that hasn't been de-railed by the target leaping to his own defence? :D

Gork or Possibly Mork
21-02-2011, 14:48
Lol i feel like such an ass now for even mentioning that i felt it was a little suspect.

My apologies to the big spider.

Spiney Norman
21-02-2011, 14:51
Well, the Lancaster GW store is in for a tongue-lashing if they catch wind of this...

I'm fairly certain there isn't a GW store in lancaster, actually the closest is Preston if memory serves. There did used to be a indie store in the covered market though.

Cragum
21-02-2011, 15:57
Well bigSpider, you have just ruined every ones fun on here. I hope you are happy with your-self now! :p Anyone know of a good griping thread that hasn't been de-railed by the target leaping to his own defence? :D

I could make one just to keep this gag going! :D

Big spider if its true then meh i suppose apologies are in order. but i have to ask... did you get a copy of everypage :evilgrin:

bigspider
21-02-2011, 17:19
Every page :D
Oh well it didn't sell which I admit suprised me. Oh well no loss I can actually read the book without fear of marking it now. On with the orcs

Cragum
23-02-2011, 19:56
Every page :D
Oh well it didn't sell which I admit suprised me. Oh well no loss I can actually read the book without fear of marking it now. On with the orcs

can you send me the photocopies then please! :D:evilgrin::D:p

Captainbastard
27-02-2011, 22:59
I went out and got this book on ebay. Cost £300 in the end. Worth every penny to get it before everyone else though.

Private_SeeD
27-02-2011, 23:07
I went out and got this book on ebay. Cost £300 in the end. Worth every penny to get it before everyone else though.

... Your mad, but I guess it's your money

Captainbastard
27-02-2011, 23:09
... Your mad, but I guess it's your money

No not really. The book was just a bunch of photos taken in the store when the manager wasnt looking, and taped together. Didnt buy it though.

Cragum
28-02-2011, 09:55
No not really. The book was just a bunch of photos taken in the store when the manager wasnt looking, and taped together. Didnt buy it though.

im confused what you are actually saying then...:confused: