PDA

View Full Version : What are WQ tile dimensions?

shadowmaterials
26-03-2011, 23:11
I have just recently acquired the WQ rules and cards, but alas I have no tiles. I have decided to make my own tiles and was hoping if anyone knew the dimensions, in particular the cave in tiles, and corridors.

shadow

Daemonslave
26-03-2011, 23:58
I have just recently acquired the WQ rules and cards, but alas I have no tiles. I have decided to make my own tiles and was hoping if anyone knew the dimensions, in particular the cave in tiles, and corridors.

shadow

The corridors are 2x6 squares. Each square is 3cm in width and there is a black border of 1.5cm around the outside.

As for the cave in tiles, I'm not sure if you mean the collapsed corridor from Lair of the Orc Lord or the actual markers you put down.

If you mean the collapsed passageway, the dimensions are (same size as the normal corridor) but they go 2-1-1-1-1-2

If you mean the markers, hmmm, I'm not sure, I can't seem to find mine - I'm pretty sure it was big enough to take up 2x2 squares though.

Hope I helped :)

shadowmaterials
27-03-2011, 00:14
Thanks Daemonslave

Inandantia
27-03-2011, 11:15
Just to confirm that the cave in marker is indeed 2x2 squares. The pit of dispair/doom marker was also 2x2 squares. These are the 2 markers that tend to get used the most as they come into play with various unexpected events and spells etc. All the other markers in the game (treasure chests and the like) were all 1x1 square.

Hope that helps. I'm always interested to see home made tiles so if you have the time it would be great to see some pics :D

EldritchGamer
28-03-2011, 09:55
There was a 'stairs down' and trapdoor marker that were 2 x 2 squares as well, in addition to the smaller trapdoor and treasure chest markers.

Dungeon rooms were 4 x 4 squares, and objective rooms 8 x 4.

There were some irregular board sections in some of the supplements, the Dread King's Throne Room comes to mind at 8 x 5. There was some kind of cross road in this set that was 4 x 5 as well, and a bridge section that was the same layout as the collapsed corridor mentioned by Daemonslave.

I think Daemonslave's measurements are spot on :-)

Home made tiles are cool, one day I will make my own set even though I have a couple of copies of the original game. Also, there are lots of tiles on the web if you search for Hero Quest tile, D&D tiles, role play tiles etc.

Best of luck!