PDA

View Full Version : Space Marine FAQ?

GodHead
31-05-2005, 04:32
Why the hell isn't there a Space Marine FAQ yet? There are still a lot of questions about their new Codex, why haven't they been answered?

Lion El Jason
31-05-2005, 08:59
there is one:

C:SM FAQ

> 1 - Veil of Time Psyker Power - re-roll ALL of the listed tests, or ONE of ANY of the listed?
>
Any/all

> 2 - Techmarine
> a) can take Rhino/Razorback without taking Servitors?
>
Yes

> b) can take Servo-harness and jump pack? Or S-h and bike?

No

> c) can take Servo-harness and Terminator armor?

No

>
> #1 - Should the rules for the Land Raider Crusader from the Space Marine codex replace the entry for the Grey Knight Land Raider Crusader from the Daemonhunter codex? Infernal Device on Chaos Land Raider - work the same?
> Also for other codexes where landraiders are taken as transports (DH, WH and Chaos), do these idential vehicles count as scoring units as well?

Yes

> #2 - Should the rules for teleport homers from Space Marine codex replace the rules for teleport homers in all other codexes (i.e. Daemonhunters, Chaos)

Yes

> More of the cross referencing, also with the stormshield (and the identially working Prasedium Protectiva).

Yes

> Does the Commander's 'Rites of battle' ability work when he is in a transport vehicle?

Yes

> What are the conventions for the Libarian's familliar? Is it a seperate model with its own base or just modeled onto the libarian?
> And if he has a bike/jump pack is he slowed down by the familliar.

Model it onto the Librarian/ No

>
> On a related note, it would also be nice to know if all Imperial Dreadnoughts (i.e. Space Wolf Venerable, Grey Knight, Furioso, Moriar, etc) have access to Drop Pods in Standard Missions per the new SM Codex.

If they have access to drop pods they use the new rules

> Daemon Hunter Mystics and Drop Podding SM - whom does the Retinue target with their "free shooting" - the Drop Pod? The Squad/Dreadnaught that jumped out?

Either but not both

- Tim & Pete (big thanks to Pete here)

Dante
31-05-2005, 09:38
> On a related note, it would also be nice to know if all Imperial Dreadnoughts (i.e. Space Wolf Venerable, Grey Knight, Furioso, Moriar, etc) have access to Drop Pods in Standard Missions per the new SM Codex.

If they have access to drop pods they use the new rules

I wonder if he actually used his brain when he answered that... :rolleyes:

lord_blackfang
31-05-2005, 09:39
That's an old version, it's been updated, along with a new Chaos FAQ. They're all on thetop of GW's 40k forum.

Cypher
31-05-2005, 09:46
@ Dante: I think the point he's making is that some dreadnoughts refer to the codex listing as a base, while others dont. Specifically people are arguing that Grey Knight dreads get drop pods, which they clearly dont (as GKs have no direct link to C:SM) while dreadnoughts as part of a Space Marine army would, since dreadnoughts in an army that uses C:SM get the drop pods.

Did that make sense?

Dante
31-05-2005, 23:24
It does, but itīs his reply I donīt like. Itīs a bad answer, he could have told the idiots who thinks Grey Knights Dreads can Drop pod that they canīt.

Cypher
01-06-2005, 06:03
You are of course right. It'd be easier to say "only dreadnoughts in an army using Codex: Space Marines may take drop pods, unless noted otherwise". Which comfortably coveres SW, BA and DA varient dreads.