PDA

View Full Version : Mordheim, or more specifically Orc Warbands

Venomizer
29-03-2006, 18:17
hello,

I'm thinking of taking up Mordheim and have found two warbands that tempt me,

Amazons where leading the way until I stumbled upon the Orc Warband rules while browsing the SG site...........

my question is simply this, what are the perceptions of Orc Warbands amongst those who play, i.e is it an acceptable & fairly balanced or will i be end up a punching bag for using it as it's as stinky as week old parmasan locked inside a sauna

cheers

Fredox
30-03-2006, 15:01
I've played 3 different ork warbands at my local GW and not had a problem with any of them regarding rules (they were all rated between 100-150). Plus there on the list of offical warbands in the rules review. So I say go for it.

Venomizer
30-03-2006, 20:01
Cheers..........looks like I've got some planning to do

Sonofsigmar
02-04-2006, 00:09
I am painting up my orc warband at this very moment. What does your warband roster look like? I am using minimal heroes to strat because I don't like the Big Uns. Other then that there is a lot to be said for an entire warband of T4 models in such a small setting. I would say they are a much better choice then the amazons.

SoS

Festus
02-04-2006, 07:46
Hi

I am using minimal heroes to strat because I don't like the Big Uns.
You are putting yourself at a serious disadvantage here:

The Heroes earn your money, they get the XP and advances, can search for rare items, and generally keep your Warband running.

Your Warband will falter without them...

Greetings
Festus

Sonofsigmar
02-04-2006, 11:16
I know heroes are the way to go but the orc heroes, specifically the Big Uns are a waste. First off they cost more, 15 teef more then a regular boy, but the real kick in the pants is they start out with 15 exp each. Not only is that 6, yes 6 advances, but they will inflate your warbard rating. Oh and what do they get for all this? +1 I and +1 WS, pretty useless.

I know it is a gamble but I am counting on getting all my heroes (outside of the boss and shaman) through lads got talent rolls. It may take a little longer, but I have 10 henchmen in 6 different groups so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

SoS

samtheman
03-04-2006, 01:22
Gotta say it's a bad idea. THe more heros, the better. As you slowly wait for Lad's Got Talent (Which, keep in mind, is by no means a guaranteed thing at all) you fall further and further behind in both Wyrdstone, resources, and just general replenishment ability to increase the size of your warband and replace losses.

All in all, you're handicapping yourself for no real advantage- if you don't like the Big Uns, you do know you can just drop them from the warband at a later point? Should you loathe them, do so.

Venomizer
04-04-2006, 15:28
What does your warband roster look like?

it's still in the planning stage since I want to get my Necron & Orc armies finished first..........the only certainty is I'm getting as many heroes as I can reasonably afford too

I need to learn the rules for Mordheim as well...

Greenboy
14-04-2006, 15:54
Watch out for the low Int thought it makes climing very Hard

TKitch
24-04-2006, 04:01
don't forget: heroes do NOT roll animosity, making them a LOT more valuable.