PDA

View Full Version : Design a Dark Elf general

rkunisch
31-05-2005, 14:48
Hi folks,

I am thinking about a nice conversion for the general of my Dark Elf army. I am looking for some nice ideas. I like him to be on a Cold One, so this is set. For the rest I am open for suggestions.

My current setup is:

Heavy Armour
Sea Dragon Cloak
Blade of Ruin
Shield of Ghrond
Ring of Hotek

He sums up to the nice point costs of 285. :D

Thanks for your input.

Have fun,

Rolf.

m1s1n
31-05-2005, 18:36
So it sounds like a majority of his body is going to be Malius, right?
That way you have the cloak, the cold one, and heavy armor. The other stuff could easily be cut and pasted--or simply painted differently.

rkunisch
31-05-2005, 18:57
Well, I am not sure about it. I already have Malus and would like to have some varity. My main problem is still the equipment. If I am sure what he looks like - ruleswise - I will start to think about which components I will use.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Slyracoon
31-05-2005, 19:23
Exactly, Malus is far too common, you want to do something a little different for your Highborn. Currently I'm in love with the Wood Elf Highborn on the GW sneak peek, who you could pretty easily de-cloak and replace the bow with a shield. However, if you're looking to do something a little sooner and more unique then consider butchering some of the Dark Eldar range. One idea would be to take Lelith Hesperax's (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060112032&orignav=10) torso, glue it onto the legs of a Cold One rider and replace the sword with a shield. Unless of course you want him to be a him.

rkunisch
31-05-2005, 19:46
Yeah, I thought already about the Dark Eldar range. There are quite some bits that look interesting.

Is my setup for the general good as it is or are there some better options to be considered?

Have fun,

Rolf.

Ashdil
31-05-2005, 19:55
Perhaps you could use one of the older HE generals on horse as main body? Or the Slaanesh on on slaanesh steed.

I think you can do alot with the HE ones though, if you change the head and perhaps the legs.

Artemis_Quinn
01-06-2005, 02:50
Well, if you really want a sweet conversion find a way to put Mengil Manhide's body sitting on a cold one, then take his repaeter crosbow, chop it off and put the sheild on the hand. Do whatever you like to the sword. But I'd love to see that model on a cold one.

Zeb
01-06-2005, 06:22
Well, what I have done, but a bit expensive is:

COK's legs, BG Body and Beastmaster cloak, easy to cut off and model on to your new character. Use whatever weapons you like. I used a BG torso that held a diagonal halberd, and kept it. This commes with lose hands and gould becaude of this be good to use. Or use the one that holds the halberd verticaly, cut it off, and use any weapons you like in his right hand. An example of this is shown in the army book, but I think that the legs are from a Dark Rider there.

I have tried to do the other conversion that is in the army book as well. The one from the Pointing Corsair Champ. the problem with that is that the waist doesn't fit perfect with the waist from the COK legs. and to continiue with the SDC in greenstuff is not that easy (at least not for me).

Shields are another thing. What kind of shileds do you have in the rest of the army? IK use Saurus Shields, they are just so cool. And he doesnt have to hold it in his hands. My characters tend to have them on their back more and more.

If I were to use any of the MM models, it would be the banner bearer... He has an eyepatch, so much cooler in my oppinion. ;)