PDA

View Full Version : Liber Chaotica: Collector's Edition

Twisted Ferret
31-05-2005, 22:17
Not sure where to put this so I thought this might be a good spot. Anyway, I was about to preorder this (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1844162087/qid=/sr=/ref=cm_lm_asin/104-6961949-9299924?v=glance), but then, checking The Black Library's "Forthcoming" page (http://www.blacklibrary.com/forthcoming.asp?month=96), I see:

Liber Chaotica : Complete edition CE
The Ultimate for all fans of Warhammer! This Collector's Edition contains all four Liber Chaoticas plus a new Chaos Undivided section. Details to follow!
Now wait, what? A Collection's Edition? I thought that Liber Chaotic Complete WAS the Collector's Edition. But apparently not, for it's listed right below the CE:

Liber Chaotica : Complete edition
The ultimate tome of darkness. All four existing volumes of Liber Chaotica bound into one blasphemous hardback volume, along with never-before-seen material on Chaos Undivided
Oh noes! Yet another choice to make! Does anyone know anything about it? What's the dif between in and the normal Complete version? Where can I buy it from? (Amazon and Barnes & Noble don't have it listed for pre-order, and I'm not sure if you can order direct from the Black Library. But if you can't it's going to be pretty expensive. :/)

Drabant
31-05-2005, 22:43
More expensive paper?

Twisted Ferret
31-05-2005, 22:45
Probably. :P Regardless, I'll most likely end up getting it - for this book, I want the best you can buy.

Shadowheart
01-06-2005, 02:53
It'll probably be the same as for the seperate LC volumes, a regular edition and an limited edition, ultra-special, ultra-expensive version.
I'll be satisfied with the regular hardcover, I don't think it's worth paying that much extra just for fancier covers, I'd expect higher quality for the interior as well for that kind of money.

Twisted Ferret
01-06-2005, 05:35
The ONLY difference is the cover?

Drabant
01-06-2005, 09:01
Maybe some free gadget, like a chaos pendant. I'd like some Marks of Chaos rub-on tattoos.

Jedi152
01-06-2005, 09:12
All the special editions are a mjor rip off.

They only have a hardback cover, or a 'special' cover, no new content whatsoever.

And i'll guarantee that the complete LC one is at least £150.

pug
01-06-2005, 09:55
Meh fine. Both will be great books just get em both. Jedi 152 I very much doubt a £150 price tag will be the cost of the next book considering the current complete edition is £30. How they can add £120 for an extra book is beyond rational thought. £50 at the very Max.

Jedi152
01-06-2005, 10:00
All the new CE's (ratmen, BotR, Darkness) seem to be £75, so maybe this will be too.

Pretty sure the collectors LC used to be £150 each... maybe i'm mistaken.

Twisted Ferret
01-06-2005, 23:20
Meh fine. Both will be great books just get em both. Jedi 152 I very much doubt a £150 price tag will be the cost of the next book considering the current complete edition is £30. How they can add £120 for an extra book is beyond rational thought. £50 at the very Max.
Extra book? Both have Chaos Undivided.

Hlokk
02-06-2005, 20:26
Right, I have the book sat in front of me. Its £30 for the bog standard normal edition, and it weighs in at a massive 416 pages.

Has all 4 liebers in order they were released. is a straight cut and paste job from the soft backs, even down to the page colours. Massive lack of page numbers or contents pages, which would have been really useful.

Not convinced by the undevided stuff. Comes to about 35 pages worth of material, covers this:

1 page introduction
1 page "Grim Stories and Cautonary Tales" story on Mordrek the damned
1 page john blance picture
10 pages on the ever chosen of chaos, 5 of which are full page pictures.
4 page essay called "the endless pantheon", study of traditional gods of Warhammer like Morr and shallaya.
4 page discourse on divinity of sigmar heldenhammer in really hard to read font.
4 pages on "Unalligned" daemons, including a 1 page picture
a 1 page picture
a letter that is berely legible
2 pages on be'lakor's background, nothing thats not in the storm of chaos army book.

Overal, its not worth it for the extra content if you have all 4 liebers already, but if you only have 1 or 2, its quite cool for the other 2 liebers.

The pestilent 1
02-06-2005, 21:17
oh how i wish i had a spare £30.
only managed to get the nurgle book...
dont suppose theres a chance that this will be on sale for longer than five minutes like the others is there?

Hlokk
02-06-2005, 21:47
I'd imagine so, i got it from a gw store so it seems to me like their going to be available by the boat load

susu.exp
05-06-2005, 00:42
Overal, its not worth it for the extra content if you have all 4 liebers already, but if you only have 1 or 2, its quite cool for the other 2 liebers.

That´s very helpful to people like me, who own three of the libri...

Jedi152
06-06-2005, 08:30
oh how i wish i had a spare £30.
only managed to get the nurgle book...
dont suppose theres a chance that this will be on sale for longer than five minutes like the others is there?
I really do hope so - it's on my next months shopping list.

But it does look like BL learned from the sales of LC:S & K, and there were hundreds of nurgle and tzeentch around, so i'm hoping there will be hundreds of copies of this around too.

Cloudscape_online
06-06-2005, 12:46
I have a copy, and I must say it is one of the few value for money items that GW ever did. the 4 libers, plus undivided, all as softback would have come to £70-75. This is less than half price and hardback. :D

Psychor
13-06-2005, 23:08
I missed out on the individual Liber books and this time I didn't want to take any chances so I pre-ordered the CE from Amazon. ;) I still wouldn't mind a copy of the Realm of Chaos books though. :rolleyes: