PDA

View Full Version : WFB tournament tracker

Nautilus
03-04-2006, 15:15
Hi,
I'm helping to organise a local WFB tournament at our club in Stirling and I've been looking around for some sort of Excel-based tournament tracker that will help us to keep track of scores etc. I'd like to find something that matches people up automatically based on their results so that people that win play people that win etc, and that moves the most successful generals closer to table one. Would anyone know if any such thing exists online anywhere or where i might find something liek that?

Cheers for any pointers

Sylass
03-04-2006, 15:36
One of the biggest german Tournament sites uses a program to do all this. There was a thread about a possible translated version of the program somwhere...

*edit*
Found it, I hope the link is still valid. Just not sure about the status of the translation. I know that there were a few problems...

-> link (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11424&highlight=manfred)

(Take a look at the last post in the thread. On the german website, just click the white symbol with the dice to download the program)

Nautilus
03-04-2006, 15:45
Hi Sylass,
Thanks for that, I'll check it out tonight.

Xavier
03-04-2006, 16:39
Off topic.. but can you give me a shout when you get a date venue points size price etc etc. I might be interested in this ;)

Nautilus
03-04-2006, 19:36
Hi Xavier
You'd be very welcome. Its a small tourney (16 places) and it will be on 22nd April at Stirling Wargamers. Feel free to drop me a line at paul(at)treeandleaf.plus.com and I'll email you the info. The info should be finalised by tomorrow.

Cheers
Paul

Xavier
03-04-2006, 21:23
How many points will it be?

Commence the mad painting spree..

Nautilus
04-04-2006, 11:28
Two games of 2250pts and one of 1000pts. Three different scenarios (if you include one Pitched Battle as a scenario...) in a random draw. So we wont know which of the scenarios will be for which size army until the day.

Small prizes (20 GW vouchers plus silverware etc), friendly bunch at a GCN-ratified club.

Xavier
04-04-2006, 12:13
2250, I have alot too paint it seems.. or I could use a skink army of death.. but thats dull :(

Insane Psychopath
05-04-2006, 11:57
Nautilus: If Striling doing any 40k (1500pts) give me a shout as well.

Off topic: I rememeber Striling GW before it close down, great shop & game when ever you wanted, shame it close down. But now GW Glasgow my new home with a gaming room. How are the Striling lot doing now???

Ip

Nautilus
06-04-2006, 09:26
Nautilus: If Striling doing any 40k (1500pts) give me a shout as well.

Off topic: I rememeber Striling GW before it close down, great shop & game when ever you wanted, shame it close down. But now GW Glasgow my new home with a gaming room. How are the Striling lot doing now???

Hi, We'll be doing a 40K tournament during the autumn on 28th of October, you'd be very welcome.

As far as Stirling GW goes, still no store here I'm afraid. Every now and then we get very positive "inside news" that they will be reopening here but nothings happened yet. We set up Stirling Wargamers two and a half years ago to plug the gaming gap left when they left town. We are a GCN ratified club these days and we've got a good droup of regulars who meet every week and for bi-monthly all-day saturdays. All are welcome by the way.

Cheers

Xavier
06-04-2006, 15:53
K, im definetly in..

In the rules pack there is a scoring system for unpainted armys, so I assume i'd be ok if work gets the better of my painting time?

Insane Psychopath
06-04-2006, 19:51
Hi, We'll be doing a 40K tournament during the autumn on 28th of October, you'd be very welcome.

Hmm, if it 1500 points for 40k. But other thing would be, I'd be back from the UK GT heat 1 40k, so that would be "need to see how I feel". As a tournament can take a bit out of you mental & the 8 hour bus trip as well.

But drop me a line

IP

ps: Dose Max go to this????? I should be seeing him in GW Edinbrugh on Tues.

Nautilus
07-04-2006, 15:46
ps: Dose Max go to this????? I should be seeing him in GW Edinbrugh on Tues.
If you mean Max from the old Stirling GW, then nope, he hasn't been down the club for some time. But tell him hi from me (Paul) and tell him he's welcome at the club any time. We are looking for folk for the last few tourney places too so if anyone over in Edinburgh fancies it they'd be welcome.

Xavier - Unpainted armies will lose out on a few points on the day but only 15 points of a possible max score of 90 is down to painting, so it would be quite possible to win with a half-painted army if you got a few good results in.

Cheers

Xavier
07-04-2006, 15:54
Yea, I noticed the points scoring, was just curious if you would be ok with it. In that case ill send my army list off later this week

Nautilus
07-04-2006, 20:25
Great, I'll reserve you a place.