PDA

View Full Version : Placing Monsters in Warhammer Quest

Mr Proudhoof
07-07-2011, 01:57
Hi. So, working with the box contents of Warhammer Quest, here's my hypothetical scenario: You pick up the d3 Minotaur Event Card and roll a 3. 3 Minotaurs arrive in play. They survive combat and another Event Card is triggered, and it is the 1 Minotaur card.

You have no Minotaurs to place (working with box contents).

Now, I have read the rule book and find no reference to a situation like this. In games like Space Hulk, once all Genestealers are in play no more can be placed. Converted blips are destroyed.

WQ isn't the most balanced game. What do would you do?

Place nothing
Place another Mini (from your extensive collection)
Pick another Event Card (or re-roll on the monster table)

I'm interested to know how other people deal with this scenario

DelveLord
07-07-2011, 04:07
I would use another mini to represent the 4th Minotaur :)

DelveLord
07-07-2011, 04:40
And don't forget to draw that EXTRA Event Card as specified on the 1 Minotaur Event Card ;)

EldritchGamer
07-07-2011, 09:17
If I didn't have enough miniatures for the current card, I'd shuffle it back into the deck and keep drawing cards until I got more Monsters that I could place.

You don't dodge facing the minotaur, you just don't face it now.

Having said that, our gaming group has a couple of sets of Quest between us and we all play Warhammer as well so we rarely run out of miniatures to place!

Mr Proudhoof
08-07-2011, 10:42
If I didn't have enough miniatures for the current card, I'd shuffle it back into the deck and keep drawing cards until I got more Monsters that I could place.

You don't dodge facing the minotaur, you just don't face it now.

That is an excellent idea. Thank you kindly

Daemonslave
08-07-2011, 16:58
We use a model proxy, but if there is nothing suitable then we roll again (or pick a card again if using the cards).

BigRob
10-07-2011, 00:31
Always proxied before, if you get 4 minotaurs on the board, tough luck, thats why the first couple of games are the most lethal.

Quest is, IMO a game of proxy models to be fair. My plastic skaven warriros did duty as stormvermin, gutter runners, deathmasters and so on just like the Orc warriors all became blackorcs when the need arose. The advantage of WHQ is in a group of 4-6 gamers (about average you need to play) you will usually cover all the miniature needs you will have.