PDA

View Full Version : Can a character join or leave a unit in a building?

eron12
08-07-2011, 22:26
Pretty much what the title says.

TMATK
09-07-2011, 00:12
Yes. P126, last paragraph.

teafloy_the_damned
16-08-2011, 15:44
Another question then, based around the Dwarf Master rune of challenge.

It says that if a character in a unit can reach the dwarf with it, they must charge.

Would this get them out of the building?

Tregar
16-08-2011, 16:51
Well for one I don't think it actually says that (I've never heard of people pulling enemy characters out of units with MRoC), but if you do use it on a unit in a building, they will be forced to exit it, instead of charging.

Yrrdead
16-08-2011, 17:18
Another question then, based around the Dwarf Master rune of challenge.

It says that if a character in a unit can reach the dwarf with it, they must charge.

Would this get them out of the building?

Master rune of challenge does not say this. It only references units.

Master Rune of Challenge
One use only. This rune is normally inscribed in a book or on a warhorn. The rune is used during the enemy turn before they declare charges. Nominate one enemy unit within 20" of the rune user. The unit must be able to charge and reach the rune user or the unit he is with according to the normal rules. The enemy unit must either declare a charge against the rune user (and any unit he is with ) or must flee in the Compulsory Movement phase as if it had failed a Panic test. This rune has no effect on units that are Immune to Psychology.

teafloy_the_damned
16-08-2011, 17:26
Thanks all, didnt have the book handy, i assumed it summoned the unit champion but your right its the whole unit

I've looked it up on the Brewery forums and its a little bit of a wooley subject, it all turns very rules-lawyery but by the sounds of it you cant drag a garasoned unit out of the building with the rune, as they cant charge out therefore the rune cannot be applied.

Shame really

Soz for my confusion

Yrrdead
16-08-2011, 17:28
Well everyone here including me believes that you can yank units out of buildings with it teafloy.

Edit- Thought there was a bit about units being pulled out of buildings in a FAQ but i can't find it.

Bodysnatcher
16-08-2011, 18:33
What do you mean everyone? It's not possible to Rune of challenge or siren song someone out of a building.

teafloy_the_damned
16-08-2011, 19:44
Master Rune of Challenge
The unit must be able to charge and reach the rune user or the unit he is with according to the normal rules.

Page 127 of the rulebook says that you can't charge out of buildings, but instead must exit the building as close as possible to the enemy instead of charging

As your not counted as charging as you leave the building, you cannot move into combat, therefore you are not able to reach the rune user, therefore not able to use the rune in the first place.

Kind of unoffical FAQ, most agree with that
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294571&highlight=master+rune+challenge

As i said very ruleslawyery, and again i apologise to hyjacking the thread

The_Lemon
16-08-2011, 19:55
Just some little thing, it is possible for a character to join a unit that is inside a building but it is not possible to move a unit inside a building for it to join the character. Because brb says that to join a unit is the character the one that must move not the unit.

eron12
17-08-2011, 06:45
Well everyone here including me believes that you can yank units out of buildings with it teafloy.

Edit- Thought there was a bit about units being pulled out of buildings in a FAQ but i can't find it.

I think you might be thinking of frenzy, which does force a unit out of a building. The Master Rune of Challange however, would not, as units in a building can't charge.