PDA

View Full Version : Rune Items

wyvirn
09-07-2011, 05:08
Because the rule book says "may take runic items (plural) up to XX points in Y category", does that mean you can take more than one magic weapon, so long as it doesn't exceed the points limit? For example, could a slayer with a 75 point limit get a 15 point rune weapon and a 60 point rune weapon and follow the rules for multiple magic weapons?

Fubar
09-07-2011, 06:32
Up to 3 Runes per Item but only 1 Master rune per item, this is all laid out in the army book at the start of the rune section.

warplock
09-07-2011, 07:54
Up to 3 Runes per Item but only 1 Master rune per item, this is all laid out in the army book at the start of the rune section.

Because the rule book says "may take runic items (plural) up to XX points in Y category", does that mean you can take more than one magic weapon, so long as it doesn't exceed the points limit? For example, could a slayer with a 75 point limit get a 15 point rune weapon and a 60 point rune weapon and follow the rules for multiple magic weapons
:p

danny-d-b
09-07-2011, 08:58
no you carn't- you can take 1 runic item from every catogory but you can't take 2 runic items form 1 catogory

Lord Zarkov
09-07-2011, 11:45
no you carn't- you can take 1 runic item from every catogory but you can't take 2 runic items form 1 catogory

I don't have the book on me, but IIRC this is wrong (unlike other armies magic items).

With dwarfs it's say one axe with multiple runes, not multiple runic axes.

theunwantedbeing
09-07-2011, 12:04
Read the bottom line in the section titled RUNIC MAGIC on page 43 of the Dwarf Book.

The bearded one
09-07-2011, 12:49
I don't have the book on me, but IIRC this is wrong (unlike other armies magic items).

With dwarfs it's say one axe with multiple runes, not multiple runic axes.

Did you just quote danny-d-b saying he is wrong, in order to repeat exactly what danny-d-b said? :p

1 runic item per category, max, with up to 3 runes of course.

Lord Zarkov
09-07-2011, 15:14
Did you just quote danny-d-b saying he is wrong, in order to repeat exactly what danny-d-b said? :p

1 runic item per category, max, with up to 3 runes of course.

I might have misinterprated what he was saying, based on the previous post.

You can have three weapon runes on one weapon right? Which would give the effect warplock wanted (i.e. combining the benefits of 2-3 runes). But not two different weapons with different sets of runes.

Hrokka `Eadsplitter
09-07-2011, 15:16
As I get it, 2hw is never 2 magic hw. You can only buff up one axe, the other one is just the lefty weapon for parrying and daggerlike fighting.

Yrrdead
09-07-2011, 22:03
Just to clarify for the OP's actual question which TUB already tried to answer and everyone kind of ignored.

Take a look at the top right of pg 43(in addition to the part of pg 43 that TUB mentioned). In fact pg 43 has all the answers.

Number of Runic Items
A character may have no more than one runic item from each of the five categories (ie, one runic weapon , one runic armour, one runic tailsman, etc).[...]

The bearded one
09-07-2011, 22:35
From this moment on I shall call theunwantedbeing Tubs (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tubs) :p

You can have three weapon runes on one weapon right? Which would give the effect warplock wanted (i.e. combining the benefits of 2-3 runes). But not two different weapons with different sets of runes.

Yeah, you can have up to 3 runes on a runic item, and you can have only 1 runic item from each category (weapon-, armour-, banner-, talisman- and engineeringrunes) maximum. Warplock asked if it was possible to split the runic allowance to 2 runic weapons and used an example of a runic weapon of 15 pts and one of 60 pts. I am guessing the idea would have been to have 1 weapon with 3 runes, and another with 1 or 2 runes, or on the other hand the idea might've been to have 3 runes spread on 2 weapons in order to get an extra attack from having an addition weapon.

Lord Zarkov
10-07-2011, 22:45
From this moment on I shall call theunwantedbeing Tubs (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tubs) :p

Yeah, you can have up to 3 runes on a runic item, and you can have only 1 runic item from each category (weapon-, armour-, banner-, talisman- and engineeringrunes) maximum. Warplock asked if it was possible to split the runic allowance to 2 runic weapons and used an example of a runic weapon of 15 pts and one of 60 pts. I am guessing the idea would have been to have 1 weapon with 3 runes, and another with 1 or 2 runes, or on the other hand the idea might've been to have 3 runes spread on 2 weapons in order to get an extra attack from having an addition weapon.

Ok, as I thought.

My original (rather cackhanded with hindsight) intention was to clarify incase Warplock was getting the magic item and runic items rules mixed up.

Obviously I failed massively.

My apologies to all.