PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Kings - 3000

Crube
14-07-2011, 16:48
A list for my project log... mostly to look cool but if it gets a game or 2, hopefull wont end up being killed (rekilled?) to badly...

Any comments gratefully received.

Lords
10.18%

1 High Liche Priest
Level 4, Talisman of Preservation, Cloak of Dunes 305

Heroes
11.58%

Liche Priest
Level 2, Dispell Scroll 130

Tomb Prince
Shield, Talisman of Endurance 132

Necrotect
Talisman of Protection, Relic Sword 85

Core
25.39%

49 Skeleton Warriors
Standard, Musician 216

30 Skeleton Warriors
Standard, Musician 140

15 Archers
Standard, Musician 110

15 Archers
Standard, Musician 110

3 Skeleton Chariots
Standard, Banner of Eternal Flame 185

Special
24.52%

29 Tomb Guard
Standard, Musician, Champion, Banner of Undying Legion 399

3 Necropolis Knights
Standard Musician, Champion 225

1 Warsphinx 210

6 Ushabti 300

Rare
15.02%

1 Casket of Souls 135

1 Necrosphinx 225

1 Screaming Skull Catapult 90

StormCrow
15-07-2011, 01:56
Solid list here, and very similar to one that I enjoy playing with. Only a couple of things I'd comment on; first the ushabti aren't all that great this edition now that they have great weapons and a S4 stomp and combined with their poor ability to regain lost wounds it can be tough keeping them alive. But the models are very awesome and if you face an enemy with little shooting they can really tear things up in close combat.

Another personal preference of mine is to load up on naked level 1 liches purely to cast the sig. spell on one dice repeatedly so you can make full use of your movement phase and get those much needed wounds back. Coupled with this I always try to make room for a Heirotitan as its +D3 to cast is invaluable to a tomb king magic phase. If you aren't going for a magic heavy army though then these changes aren't necessary (I'm stuck in 6th edition thinking where magic MADE the tomb king army).

Finally I'd always upgrade the knights with Entombed Beneath the Sands to drastically increase their versatility.

Hope this helps :)