PDA

View Full Version : How often do you run?

Inchpractice
17-07-2011, 22:44
Do you risk death for the sake of the treasure of do you err on the side of caution and run if things are bleak and there is a long way to go?

Also do you allow any remaining luck to be used on the escape table?

BigRob
18-07-2011, 07:42
Usualy never because when things get bad enough to consider it, it's usually too late (what do you mean its a hydra?!).

I can see why you might consider it to save your character but by that level you should be packing enough provisions and magic to bounce back after the encounter is finished.

Luck can be used on anything, its a re-roll.

DelveLord
19-07-2011, 23:19
I'm still playing with low level parties, so they run quite frequently, and do roll on the Escape Table frequently too :) Basically I playtest alot of house rules, thus the need to play it out with a fresh party every time.

One variable rule I'm experimenting with and works quite well so far is Variable Monster Distance. When you get Monsters, roll 1D6 to see how far away they appear from the party, placing them on an adjacent board section if needed. This opens up alot of room for running, chasing, settings up formations, Spiking doors, and generally seems to provide more choices and decisions for the Warriors.

abdulaapocolyps
20-07-2011, 06:52
Good idea with th monster placement,iv been playing with th idea myself...
Me and my brother play as a pair of warriors with custom monster tables that are pretty brutal so we run all th time,I think its a vital tactic and a skill to know when to cut and run.we never use the table though,we have to make it back to the door!

BigRob
20-07-2011, 09:58
I like variable monster distance, gives you something to shoot at other than the odd monster on the other side of the firechasm. Should be included in the Warseer Players Edition :D

I can see why your running when there are only two of you, that would make things a bit more of a challenge. Good call on not using the table although it does depend how big the dungeon is. My group of 8 used to use several copies of the game and things got pretty big, especially when your using a GW Store table, so we would often have a rolling dungeon where old sections were removed from play as they were no longer needed.

EldritchGamer
06-09-2011, 13:47
My party never run - I fully expect to be crushed into the ground at any moment! At the moment, we play a party with an Empire Knight Templar of Sigmar, a Witch Hunter, a Warrior Priest and an Imperial Noble.
Running just wouldn't suite the religious maniacs, and the Noble is obviously above such minor things as losing to a few little Monsters...

Purplebeard
09-09-2011, 18:58
@EldritchGamer: I second that!

Daemonslave
09-09-2011, 23:37
I think it would be more in character for some heroes to run though. The Halfling Thief for example. I do like the idea of monster distance though when placed - seems a waste of shooting weapons if monsters are always placed in hth.

imarhil
25-11-2011, 23:43
Haha i love this topic.... Mostly cos the thought of running has never crossed my mind at all and there have been many (the fact ive never got past lv 3 with any character proves this) time when myself and the party have been smashed and the wizard was the left to fend off a trio of minotaur’s (if he hadn’t died already due to a rat bite or sumit) I also like the idea of monster distance, im looking to get back into WQ after a long break away from all things warhammer based so may suggest that and some other house rules.:)