PDA

View Full Version : Kroxigors mixed units

lovedinplaster
26-07-2011, 21:31
I saw in the errata that "great reach" was taken away..

This is because the second rank automatically gets to attack.. Which would include the Kroxigors.

But the second rank only gets "1" support attack??

I was thinking of running a skink chief with skavenpelt banner to provide frenzy to my whole unit of skinks/ krox unit. Is this viable??

Ramius4
26-07-2011, 21:34
But the second rank only gets "1" support attack??

They're monstrous infantry models, so they still get up to 3 supporting attacks.

lovedinplaster
26-07-2011, 21:36
Awesome! Thank you:-) so the entire unit being frenzied would be spoiled then:-/ maybe I'll just frenzy my Saurus or cop up the funds for a cavalry unit

Feefait
27-07-2011, 02:06
They only frenzy v skaven though. And that chieftain is dead as the skaven will go first. Good luck. Lol

someone2040
27-07-2011, 02:49
They only frenzy v skaven though. And that chieftain is dead as the skaven will go first. Good luck. Lol
No Skavenpelt banner gives the unit frenzy all the time and Hatred against Skaven.
I don't necessarily think the Chief is dead either. Skaven don't have a lot of high strength units, so Skaven are still hitting on 4's, wounding on 4's and have to get through the Chiefs 5+ save with 6+ parry.

But still, it's pretty hard to make good use of the banner, because as you say, Skinks are still very fragile when holdining a magical standard.

Feefait
27-07-2011, 03:34
Sorry, I was confused onIt's worth a z the banner. :) It's worth a shot either way. I'm all for trying something new. you'll have to let us know how it works.

lovedinplaster
27-07-2011, 03:57
Will do! I guess only one round of frenzy wouldn't be worth the loss of a bsb.. If be survives the onslaught..

Although my opponent this week is woc( almost every week as my play group is small and fickle). He is wizardless and rangless besides his hellcannon.. So I will be facing an all elite cc army @-@ with lots of magic resistance...

Not sure how to beat this army with my current configuration..

Absolutely everything he fields has Atleast a 3+... so skinks are dead on the board.. And Saurus will need the razor standard to beable to compete

Screw it I might field my "no armor saves allowed" skaven army instead haha.