PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts Warriors of Chaos - Needs a General!

Mr. Shine
27-07-2011, 08:01
Hey guys, seems my friends are all getting back into Warhammer and I'd like to join in the fun, so I'm thinking of a Chaos army. Problem is I'm stuck for my general. Here's the list so far:

Heroes

??

Core

40x Marauders of Chaos
-Mark of Khorne
-Great Weapon

20x Warriors of Chaos
-Mark of Tzeentch
-Shield

10x Chaos Warhounds

Special

5x Knights of Chaos

This comes to a total I think of 830 points, which gives me 170 points to play with for a general. I'm not sure whether to go with a Chaos Sorceror or Exalted Hero, but I'm leaning towards an Exalted Hero on a Chaos Steed (because that Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount model is very, very attractive!) to go with the Knights.

Any help? :angel:

GenerationTerrorist
27-07-2011, 10:42
Cheap and effective option?
Exalted Hero, Chaos Steed, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield.
161pts off the top of my head.

Dux
27-07-2011, 11:06
I use a lvl2 sorcerer on disk in my 1k points WOC army. But he is 210 points or so.
He has that item that gives him an extra spell, the 5+wardsave (4+ with MoT), and the 5point magical shield (can't remember the name, but there is only one). Bloodcurling roar of course.

He always wins his points back (Once he wiped my opponents army on his own). Only shooty dwarfs/imps are a bit annoying. But we use alot of LoS-blocking terrain (Towers, hills and stuff), so he can take cover behind those.

For your army I would play him on foot, and without roar. Buy some more marauders instead.

Mr. Shine
31-07-2011, 01:11
Thanks for the suggestions guys! Currently thinking of basing the general around the Knights if Chaos box (cheaper than the Finecast lord model...) so mounted Exalted Hero is probably the go.

Cheap and effective option?
Exalted Hero, Chaos Steed, Sword of Might, Enchanted Shield.
161pts off the top of my head.

What's the benefit of the Enchanted Shield over a normal shield, given he already has a 2+ save anyway? I've yet to get a good grip on the rules, please excuse my ignorance!

EDIT: Got it, points from army book but rules from rulebook!

col
31-07-2011, 12:02
If you are determined to go with the mounted exalted then barded steed, dawnstone, dragonhelm and halberd gives a nice balance of defence and offence. I would, however go for a sorceror instead. An exalted doesn't really add anything to your army. You already have units that are killy enough as it is. Try a lvl2 sorceror of tzeentch with spell familiar, charmed shield and ironcurse icon in your warrior unit. He gives you access to the magic phase and boosts the ward save of the warriors to warmachines. The new plastic sorc is also cheaper financially than the knights! On a side note i'd drop 5 hounds to get standards and musicians in your warriors and marauders. Hope that wasn't too long winded!

col
31-07-2011, 12:12
If you are determined to go with the mounted exalted then barded steed, dawnstone, dragonhelm and halberd gives a nice balance of defence and offence. I would, however go for a sorceror instead. An exalted doesn't really add anything to your army. You already have units that are killy enough as it is. Try a lvl2 sorceror of tzeentch with spell familiar, charmed shield and ironcurse icon in your warrior unit. He gives you access to the magic phase and boosts the ward save of the warriors to warmachines. The new plastic sorc is also cheaper financially than the knights! On a side note i'd drop 5 hounds to get standards and musicians in your warriors and marauders. Hope that wasn't too long winded!

Dexta
31-07-2011, 15:39
I personally would go for a Lvl 2 sorcerrer with lore of shadow and infernal puppet. Comes in at 155 pts. Use the debuff spells (especially mystifying miasma, that spell is awsome) and then slap them with the knights, marauders and warriors.