PDA

View Full Version : Power Scroll Change in WD.

Quinn
29-07-2011, 18:00
I was looking for this in the forum but don't see anything. The latest edition of WD ..#379, completely changes the Power Scroll, yet it has not been published in a FAQ in the U.S. at least. Has it been published in the U.K.? I'm assuming this is an official change, regardless of whether it has been published in a FAQ or not, and is to be used immediately.
Thoughts on this? I'm happy they changed it but with this precedent (at least lately) are we going to have to buy White Dwarf to get rules? They did publish the new rules for the VC units in there also. I know it used to be quite common, but I haven't seen it much lately.

Sorry, just saw a thread in News and Rumors..didn't think to look there for a Rules post..bad of me. Feel welcome to close this thread if inclined, but it is a rules change..

Grimgormx
29-07-2011, 19:27
Dont worry, in WD they use the rules wrong, in 7th in a battle report for the launch of the O&G they said that fanatics would move in a direcction of your choice if you get a hit in the scatter dice, and in the WD for the new O&G army book (8th) they mention that if you fail an animosity roll then you had to roll for the effect.

So WD isnt a good source for rules interpretations...

Yrrdead
29-07-2011, 21:10
Dont worry, in WD they use the rules wrong, in 7th in a battle report for the launch of the O&G they said that fanatics would move in a direcction of your choice if you get a hit in the scatter dice, and in the WD for the new O&G army book (8th) they mention that if you fail an animosity roll then you had to roll for the effect.

So WD isnt a good source for rules interpretations...

It isn't an interpretation Grimgormx, it is an official errata.

Ramius4
29-07-2011, 21:20
It's not published online yet as the White Dwarf in question hasnt' even been released yet.

Quinn
29-07-2011, 22:08
It was released..came into my store Wednesday and is on the shelves.

FashaTheDog
30-07-2011, 03:57
When it came out a bunch of the new stuff like the Vampires on Zombie Dragon, Banshee, Wraith, Graveyard terrain, were not even mentioned on the website, so I image that it is a matter of the printing outpacing the web. From my understanding having dealt with a GW rep regarding content to be published in it, White Dwarfs usually are prepared and finalized two or three months in advance to give the printers time to print enough product and if necessary make any corrections so there is no delay with the release. Since the web team works on a much shorter time table, I would imagine it is just a case of they are working on it and will have it up as soon as possible.

NTJ2010
30-07-2011, 15:17
...and in the WD for the new O&G army book (8th) they mention that if you fail an animosity roll then you had to roll for the effect...
a. That is how animosity works now, so that's not a good example of WD screwing up.

b. Additionally, this wasn't just some mis-use in a battle report, it says specifically official errata (this wasn't them using the rules incorrectly so much as completely changing an item)

Mid'ean
30-07-2011, 19:36
And they have siad that it will be added to the faq errata when it next comes out.

Smithpod68
30-07-2011, 20:06
I have the new issue of Wd and the power scroll Errata appears on page 15 where they direct you to consult the Shrine of Knowledge for the latest FAQ's and to quote the article...."All of the information found at the shrine of Knowledge is 100% official,like this month's Power scroll amendment for Warhammer.(See below)."

Ravenar
30-07-2011, 20:15
I have the new issue of Wd and the power scroll Errata appears on page 15 where they direct you to consult the Shrine of Knowledge for the latest FAQ's and to quote the article...."All of the information found at the shrine of Knowledge is 100% official,like this month's Power scroll amendment for Warhammer.(See below)."

I agree as well. Let's keep all the changes in one place please. You would think the change would have been published on the website by now.

Surgency
30-07-2011, 20:25
it won't be published on the website until the next round of FAQ's are done. Makes more sense for them to compile a list, and publish them all at once than to piecemeal them in 1's and 2's over a few months

decker_cky
30-07-2011, 20:50
I kind of assumed that there was a whole FAQ, and that's just a single change they were highlighting in the WD that promotes people heading to the website.

Harwammer
30-07-2011, 21:40
Agreed. I imagine the FAQs will be updated in August as that's the month of the new WD. I'm guessing tuesday :p