PDA

View Full Version : Storm of Magic: Artifact Combo Questions

Inevitable
29-07-2011, 19:43
Hi all,

Trying to understand the ruling behind a few Artifacts and potential combo's.

(1st)
Gianthelm: Allows user to transform into a giant which makes Magical Items ineffective: However, does the user retain innate abilities?

Ergo: Highelf ASF, Dark Elf Hatred, Savage Orc Ward Save, etc

If the model still retains the innate abilities does the model still get amplified by other effects?

Ex. Savage Orc Hero (Ward Save Innate), in a unit with a Shaman with Shrunken head(Amp'd Ward Save). Does the Giant now have the Amp'd Ward Save?

Then, if the Unit is buffed by spells (Wysan's Wildform, 'Ere We go, etc) do those buffs transfer over?

(2nd)
Dawnstar Sword

Dawnstar's innate ability allows it to double attack characteristics. Say I have a spell that allows me to gain Attack characteristics, which happens first?

1 base attack +3(spell) doubled to 8? or 1 doubled to 2 +3 spell?

The order matters alot.

(3rd)
Wysan's Weighted Dice:
If I make the selection 1 & 5, would this effectively stop Animosity & Spear Chukka misfires for a single turn?

Also, if I said 2 & 6, would this effect Artillery dice as well?

Thank you for your assistance!

Lord Zarkov
29-07-2011, 23:05
1) I guess special rules remain as per Tranformation of Kadon, not sure though.
Buffs would work as normal though.

2)
Double then add, always unless otherwise stated.

3)
Yes
Hmm, not sure, the item says 'all dice rolls' and doesn't specify d6's, so you've got a good case for it. Would certainly be in the spirit of the expansion!

Von Wibble
01-08-2011, 11:10
As a follow up on question 3, if you did say 2 and 6, could that allow you to roll a 6 on a D3?

The selectino 1 and 5 would prevent animosity failure. I'm considering 6 and 5 to prevent miscasts, poison and killing blow.

GodlessM
01-08-2011, 12:47
1) Do as it says on the tin.

2) BRB says add then multiple unless otherwise stated; don't have a book with me but it's somewhere near p7.

3) Yes.

Lord Zarkov
07-08-2011, 13:47
2) BRB says add then multiple unless otherwise stated; don't have a book with me but it's somewhere near p7.

As far as I can tell there is nothing between p2 ("Overview of the Game") and p12 ("The Turn") addressing that issue, the closest that comes to it is "Sequencing" on p10 that lets the player who's turn it is decide.

Spiney Norman
07-08-2011, 15:39
As a follow up on question 3, if you did say 2 and 6, could that allow you to roll a 6 on a D3?

No, it would allow you to change the roll of 1 into 3 since a roll of 6 on a D3 equals a result of 3.

There is no such thing as a D3 because you cannot have a 3 sided 3D shape, so rolling a D3 in practice is always rolling a D6 and dividing the result by 2 (rounding up). Basically if you roll a natural 1 on the D6 and modify it to 6 then your result is still only 3.