PDA

View Full Version : The Tale of Fantasy Painters 2011-2012 Signup

Malorian
03-08-2011, 19:13
The Tale of Fantasy Painters 2011-2012 Signup

Mission Statement:

It is the goal of The Tale of Fantasy Painters, and all Tales for that matter, to help fellow gamers paint their armies by providing them a place to find support and encouragement.

The Tale:

So this thread is for the signup for the 2011-2012 The Tale of Fantasy Painters. It's the place to throw your name in, let us know what army you plan on painting, and how many points.

The painters involved have made a commitment to paint and post, by the last day of each month, approx 200 points of their chosen army. They do this each month for the next 12 months.

The way it works is that painting would begin in September and then in the first day or two of October a thread will be put up where you can post what you had done in September (this trend will continue for 12 months). You can include as much information as you wish, but some good things to include along with the picture are: the units, the total points for that month, conversions, highs and lows, plans for next month, and a number between 1 and 6. The number is important because it has to do with feedback.

A week after the initial thread is created you can then (and are encouraged to) add feedback on the work of others. Due to the large number of people who take part in these tales it is suggested that you only comment on those that have the same number as you. Of course if there are ones that really catch your eye, or you are a trooper and want to comment on them all, that is obviously awesome.

However, because people have real lives with exams, holidays, honeymoons, new babies etc, etc. They get two 'Jokers'. For two months within the year you can ‘play a joker’ and rather than post an update they can post "sorry guys couldn't get it done this month. Real life got in the way." But the other 10 Months they have to come up with (approx) 200 points of painted and based figures. That is 200 points for 10 of the next 12 months.

In twelve months time we will all end up with a finished 2000 point army.
(Or at least everyone who can see it through to the end ... it's harder than you think!)

Men and Boys:

Because this is harder than you would think ... As last year rather than try and hold everyone to 200 points a month I have decided to allow folks to join in and paint only 100 points a month. Whilst the goal for many remains getting a 2000 point army painted in a year the original and ongoing intention of this whole thing was to encourage and support folks to get stuff painted and 1000 points is better than no points! As a result we have two categories. 'Men' (painting 200 points/month) and 'Boys' (painting 100 points/month).

Frequently Asked Questions

Q : When can I join in? Does it have to be at the start or can it be any time?
A : Join in any time.

Q : Can I paint more than 200 points in a month?
A : Yes, but if you can do this time after time then you can probably commit to more. Feel free to sign up multiple times to reflect the amount of work you plan to do (for example sign up for Beastmen X2 and submit 400 points a month, or Beastmen Men + Boy submit 300 points a month).

Q : Can I paint less than 200 points in a month?
A : Yes. But we try to stay on track by painting more points in the next month to 'catch up'. For example if you only painted 100 points one month you could try and get 300 points painted the next month. Equally if you paint more one month you can take it easy and paint less the next month.

Q : What happens when I paint an expensive character?
A : This happens a lot. If your character was over 400 points you would simply paint him over two months (the sort of time your general deserves!) So You start posting him one month and post nothing the first month (unless you want to post WIP) then the second month you post the finished model and all the points get added on.

Q : What do I do when I'm done and the tale isn't over?
A : First thing to do is to include an army shot (everyone loves an army shot) and then it's up to you. Either stay on and paint a model now and then to take part, or start planning for the next tale. If you are really cocky then you can sign up for ANOTHER army is see if you can blitz it in time.

Q : Can I include a short narrative with each months post.
A : Yes. We love background stuff. Write as much as you like it will be read and enjoyed by many.

Q : Can I *insert something here that results in more painting*?
A : A thousand times yes!!!

Q : Can Doi drop out?
A : No he can't.

Signed Up So Far:

Mens

Avian - O&G
BigJon - O&G
Blackheart - Brets
Caelas - Empire
colonel kane trine - Tomb Kings
colonel kane trine - Tomb Kings (4 times! Madness!)
Confessor_Atol - Ogre Kingdoms
dagreenmoonboyz - O&G
DiddyKong -O&G
DiddyKong -O&G
DiddyKong -O&G (yes thrice!)
Djekar - WoC
Doi - Dark Elves
Doi - Ogre Kingdoms
dwarfhold13 - O&G
EmperorNorton - Dark Elves
Fanny Crowbar - Dark Elves
Fanny Crowbar - Vampire Counts
Goat of Yuggoth - Vampire Counts
gogs78 - High elves
Green Feevah! - High Elves
gsmc - Skaven
Heqir - WoC
ironduke - Empire
Jacktheripper34 - Tomb Kings
JohnnyG - Skaven
jonahmaul - Dark Elves?
Kaltherus - WoC
Kaos - Dwarfs
Lord Dan - Vampire Counts?
Mace1982 - High Elves
Malorian - Brets
Matt.Woods88 - Ogre Kingdoms
Morkash Gorehowl - Ogre Kingdoms
Nilo - Vampire Counts
Padz - Brets?
Perplexiti - Dwarfs
Perplexti - Lizardmen
piotrov - Empire
Purplebeard - WoC
Purplebeard - WoC
Richmt11 - High Elves
Rikk - O&G
Rosstifer - WoC
Saulot - Brets
ShadowcaptainEthren - Brets
Shandowner - High Elves
someone2040 - SoM
Spar666rawk - Vamipre Counts
spikedog - Chaos Dwarfs
Stretchit - O&G
Tayrod - O&G
Tekore - Wood Elves
The Yak - Empire
Trustey - O&G
unheilig - Ogre Kingdoms

Boys

Aenarion - Dark Elves
andrewdrexler - Wood Elves
Archis - Beastmen
Archis - Vampire Counts
Arkarn - Vampire Counts
azhagmorglum - O&G
Braad - O&G
Bueno - Beastmen
Bueno - Tomb Kings
CaptainFaramir - WoC
Clobbersaurus - Empire
Clobbersaurus - High elves
DAGabriel - Tomb Kings?
DarthSte - Empire
DeathCat147 - Empire
Djekar - O&G
EmperorNorton - Ogre Kingdoms
Fabius Bile - Brets
Fabius Bile - Ogre Kingdoms
Gargobot - DoC
Great horned owl - High elves
Harvey - Lizardmen
Harvey - Skaven
iamjack42 - High Elves
Jardain - Empire
JonnyTHM - skaven
juicytomatoes - Empire
Kalterus - O&G
Kaos - Dwarfs
Malorian - O&G
Morglum Necksnapper - O&G
Mr. Shine - High Elves
Panzer Mk IV - WoC
Queekvondrak - Skaven
reddevil18 - WoC
RTGamer - Beastmen
RTGamer - WoC
Rutgar - Lizardmen
Setha - WoC
Shnerg - Lizardmen
TheMaster - High Elves
the_slosh - Beastmen
Tonny - Empire
vcassano - Ogre Kingdoms
Walls - Empire
zujara - O&G

Malorian
03-08-2011, 19:16
For myself I still have some greenskins to paint but I also would really like to FINALLY get my Brets painted...

I have a 3000 point list I want painted, so this is me signing up for Mens Brets and Boys Brets :)

EmperorNorton
03-08-2011, 19:27
Nice, looking forward to seeing your Brets, Mal.

Sign me up for 2000 points of Dark Elves, please.

Purplebeard
03-08-2011, 21:57
After much deliberation, I've decided to go with Warriors of Chaos. I have 12 of the old school 80s metal knights and 1 (and 3/4) of the chariots, plus the 'Warlock' figure. These are somehow going to form a basis for a WoC force.

Of course, because Knights and Chariots are both 'Special' choices, I may have to make it a 4000pt army - but that would probably still be smaller than 2000pts of anything else. :p

I may do Undead (because they suit my painting style perfectly), or O&G (since I have a few) too. The bonus with these two is that the figures are cheap cheap cheap (in $/) compared with the popular OOP stuff like Dwarves/Daemons/WoC. I'm not decided on the last two yet.

Sign me up for 2000pts WoC for now please. ;)

the_slosh
03-08-2011, 22:09
Sign me up for Boys Beastmen please

Finally getting some stuff done would be fun

Doi
03-08-2011, 23:56
Sign me up for 2000pts of Dark Elves and Ogre Kingdoms!

These are extensions to existing armies so probably wont be legal forces on their own (especially the Dark Elf one) but painting is painting :p.

Doi

Queekvondrak
04-08-2011, 01:13
I've tried this several years in a row, and I've failed. This year I'm going to start off in the boys category and see where it takes me. So, sign me up in the boys league for skaven.

Trustey
04-08-2011, 05:15
I'll be trying for 2k of O&G, a father/son project with my kiddo.

Fabius Bile
04-08-2011, 06:04
Wel, it was going to be 2000pts + of Brettonians, but then I saw the leaked images of the new Ogre models, so now I'm thinking I'll sign up for 1000 pts of each, even though I'll do more.

Jardain
04-08-2011, 09:35
Next month I will finish the latest TOFP and I will be joining this year again! This time it wont be High Elves but Empire in the boys category and perhaps one more army in boys, leaning at beastmen or some other "evil army".

And I promise I will be better at posting pictures this time!

iamjack42
04-08-2011, 12:41
I'd love to finish my High Elves. Sign me up for the Boys category, although I may try to upgrade to Mens if my impending nuptials don't cause too much trouble!

juicytomatoes
04-08-2011, 14:16
Sign me up in the Mens for Empire, please.

@iamjack42: Nuptials eh? Congrats! ;)

Zark the Damned
04-08-2011, 15:29
Tempted to join in with my DOW again, I have some more stuff for them. Not sure how many pts I have though, need to figure it out so I know what league I'm in :)

EffCee
04-08-2011, 15:45
Dark Elves and Vampire Counts in the men's category. I definitely aim to finish it this time.

Blaqkheart
04-08-2011, 17:50
Mens Brets....I really need some motivation to paint more often.

azhagmorglum
04-08-2011, 18:10
Ok, I'm going to sign up as boy for O&G

I hope I'll be able to make it, as I've got some stuff to sort out in my life at the moment that is really complicated.

MLP
04-08-2011, 18:25
Sign me up for the men category!

Still not sure on weather I'm doing a bretonian undead hunters or undead bretonians(VC) yet though. Aiming for 2000- 2400 points.

Aenarion
04-08-2011, 19:39
3rd time lucky perhaps? I'm debating either of my Vampire counts or Dark elves for the boys league. Only because im contemplating doing mens for 40k aswell.

Goat of Yuggoth
04-08-2011, 19:39
Let's do this! Signing up with Vampires, 'Men'-category please.

Edit: I have more than that, but lets start with the 2000 pts and do more if time permits!

Cheers,
Goat

vcassano
04-08-2011, 23:33
Sign me up for Men and Warriors of Chaos please!

Clobbersaurus
05-08-2011, 02:08
Even though I'm behind in posting for the current Tale, sign me up for Boys Empire/High Elf again, if that's okay. If not, stick with Empire.

juicytomatoes
05-08-2011, 02:12
Hey Malorian, after thinking over it over the night, I think I may have been too optimistic... drop mine down to the Boys League, please. so it'd be Empire, Boys, thanks!

JonnyTHM
05-08-2011, 02:45
I think that I'm going to force myself to get off my butt and commit to do thing this. Otherwise my skaven army is never going to get painted! Count me in for skaven - boys crowd.

Nilo
05-08-2011, 02:52
Count me in for the Men's this year, and now that I have a taste for how much painting I can get done in a month's time I'm gonna be rolling my Vampire Counts instead of Bretonnia for this one.

Malorian
05-08-2011, 04:17
Hey Malorian, after thinking over it over the night, I think I may have been too optimistic... drop mine down to the Boys League, please. so it'd be Empire, Boys, thanks!

No problem. If things go well you could always bump it up later :)

vcassano
05-08-2011, 09:45
Gah stupid new Ogre models. Switch me over to Ogres, please :)

Tekore
05-08-2011, 10:05
I'll sign up for Wood Elves in the Men category.

andrewdrexler
05-08-2011, 12:58
Everything fell apart last year, but I want to give it another try.

Put me down for 1000 points of Wood Elves this year.

Jacktheripper34
05-08-2011, 19:34
Sign me up for 2000 points of Tomb Kings, time for me to stop playing with grey plastic minis!

Edit- in the men's category please

RTGamer
05-08-2011, 22:02
Stick me in for Boys Beastmen and WoC... This may change to Mens but hey start small and if I can get bigger then I will.

unheilig
06-08-2011, 06:55
sign me up for 2k of Ogre Kingdoms

Harvey
06-08-2011, 08:54
Sign me up again please.

Boys Lizardmen and Skaven.

Panzer MkIV
06-08-2011, 12:01
Sign me up for Warriors of Chaos

The Boyz section:shifty:

Vazalaar
06-08-2011, 17:24
I will try again, after the failure from last year. But now only Empire 'boys'-Category:angel:

Confessor_Atol
06-08-2011, 18:25
Aces, the last TOFP was a fantastic experience. I'm in, Ogres/men! Can't wait.

juicytomatoes
07-08-2011, 01:11
No problem. If things go well you could always bump it up later :)

Many thanks! I do indeed hope to 'man up' later, if it turns out to be possible :D

Aenarion
07-08-2011, 09:27
It's been decided. Boys dark elves for me :)

DeathCat147
07-08-2011, 15:59
Sign me up. Boys with my Empire. After my last failed attempt a couple of years ago i will aim low with the hope of increasing to the Mens catagory at a later date if all goes well.

Richmt11
07-08-2011, 21:26
Sign me up for mens high elves. Would like some feedback on the thread I put up for opinions on my swordmasters before I get going as I don't wanna ruin my models with a poor colour scheme...

I'm gonna see how mens goes I got 5000pts of high elves and 3000pts O+G so depending if I hit 2k early I'll either carry on HE or switch... And if I get more done a month may go 1 men 1 boy see what happens :)

ironduke
07-08-2011, 22:25
Sign me up for 2000pts Empire in the boys category.

Should be able to manage most of this maybe even more.

cheers
Ironduke

perplexiti
08-08-2011, 00:33
Mens for my Dwarfs and Lizardmen again thanks.

Malorian
08-08-2011, 03:53
List updated.

Good to see all the interest :)

Tayrod
08-08-2011, 17:17
Sign me up for Orcs and Goblins! Mens category, please.

Djekar
08-08-2011, 20:18
I'm going to have to go with the Men's category for WoC. I've had Warriors for proabably 10 years and have had a great scheme for them for at least 2 years and they still hang around unpainted.

Most importantly, the misses informed me recently that I can't start on my Cult of Slaanesh Dark Elf army until everything I already have is painted. Onward inspiration!

Also (and I'm hoping this isn't too much) sign me up for the boys with "muh boyz". I have roughly 1k points left to paint, and I need them painted for the above reason, but also because muh boyz have always treated me right and so I feel like it's time to get them finished up and treat them right back.

gogs78
08-08-2011, 22:05
Think i might give this a go!

High elves in the "mens" section!

You dont often see those words in the same sentence!

Shadowcaptain EThren
09-08-2011, 01:21
I have been a long time lurker of warseer, and have just found the "Tale of ..." This may be the catalyst that will finaly get my Bretonnians painted after two years of slowly collecting them.

I would like to join the "Men" section with my bretonnians and am planning on adding fluff in a unit by unit bases as I post them.

Zujara
09-08-2011, 21:20
I'll sign up for the Boys category, all Goblin army!

Matt.Wood88
09-08-2011, 21:24
Could you sign me up for 'Mens' category with ogres please? :D
I will be most likely doing more than 2000 points (yet to decide how many seeing as the new book isn't out yet) but until I write a list I'll just work towards 2000 :)
Cheers
Matt

dagreenmoonboyz
10-08-2011, 03:00
men orcs and gobbos please

Rosstifer
10-08-2011, 04:50
I'll go for Mens with my Beastmen. About time they got some of the love my Warriors have been hogging.

TheMaster
10-08-2011, 06:19
Sign me up for boys with High elves.

Shnerg
10-08-2011, 06:36
Can you sign me up for 1000 Points of Lizardmen please?

Jonahmaul
10-08-2011, 10:58
I'm going to go brave and commit to 2000 points for this as well as TO40KP. Planning to expand my Drow inspired DE army although I might plump for Nurgle themed OK if they really take my attention!

Setha
10-08-2011, 11:49
Sign me up for Warriors of Chaos boys please!

DarthSte
10-08-2011, 11:59
Put me down for boys, please... for Greenskins, Wood Elves, Bretonnians, Skaven, no - The Empire.

someone2040
10-08-2011, 12:35
Sign me up for Mens, going to be doing Monsters from the Storm of Magic expansion. I've got half a years worth of models sitting around that I need to paint, plus who knows what else will come along in the year to come (Hopefully Cygor/Ghorgon, so I can add them to my existing Beastmen army as well as using it for this painting tale).

I'll probably jump in with something else at some point as well in the boys league, but I'm not sure what I want to do yet. Whether I expand my High Elves more, paint up the Orcs I've got, or go back to my first army Lizardmen (Or you know, whatever other shiny thing pops up and distracts me along the way).

Daniel36
10-08-2011, 14:13
Wait, what? Is it that time of year again already? My my... Not sure if I will sign up this year. If I do, I will not go for a set amount of points, rather a set amount of minis.

colonel kane trine
10-08-2011, 14:23
Sign me up! Tomb kings for mens category please

Malorian
10-08-2011, 21:12
List updated

Shandowner
11-08-2011, 04:23
Always wanted to do this, never found the internet time.

Set me up for High elves in the Mens.

(And if I finish them in time maybe I'll enter a men's for my chaos dwarfs as well. Try to have two armies finished in 12 months.. :p)

Jonahmaul
11-08-2011, 08:20
I think I might struggle with 2000 points so can I go half man half boy and go for 1500 points please?!

Malorian
11-08-2011, 15:21
I think I might struggle with 2000 points so can I go half man half boy and go for 1500 points please?!

The differnce between 1500 and 2000 isn't all that large.

I would like to push you to try and do 2000, but if not then just be a overly successful Boy ;)

Braad
11-08-2011, 21:35
Considering the connection I have to the tale, I do think I should join up again. Put me down for boyz, with Orcs and Goblins of course!

And that gives me a good reason to get going at those savages. Although I do have to admit that a certain place I visited during my vacation inspired me for a piece of terrain, that might be quite a bit challenging to make.

Shall I make a table again?

spikedog
12-08-2011, 00:03
Well, well, well, time for the Tale again is it.

Count me in for this year:

Mens - Chaos Dwarfs.

piotrov
12-08-2011, 00:17
Been wanting to get back into painting for a while, and this is as good a way as any I suppose....

Put me down for 2000 points of Empire, please.

Caelas
12-08-2011, 00:32
Sign me up for Empire, in the man category! Please.

Malorian
12-08-2011, 00:39
Shall I make a table again?

Up to you Braad :)

I can do it, and it might be easier if I do, but I wouldn't be doing it as well as you do. (I'm lazy ;))

Braad
12-08-2011, 10:34
Oh, I'll just give it a start then, and see where I get.

Stretchit
12-08-2011, 13:10
After keeping an eye on the last few months of this years tale I'm going to take the plunge and join you fine folks. Personally this is a bid to get things finished rather than having units half done (or less) throughout my army. I'm hoping that's ok and that there aren't rules saying every model has to be painted from scratch?? (EDIT: Most models are only undercoated)

I'm looking to go 3000 points Orcs & Goblins total but think it will be easiest if I split it 2k Orcs and 1k Goblins as that's similar model counts and roughly how my army list works anyway. So one mens and one boys please.

Morkash
12-08-2011, 18:21
Hey,
I would sign up as well! Ogre Kingdoms for me. :) Late September is perfectly timed as well!

BigJon
13-08-2011, 01:02
I'm in with Men this year, Gobos. Because I may finish them sooner I'll also do boys brits

Bigjon

zuriel45
13-08-2011, 06:30
sign me up for boys high elves. Hopefully grad school won't interfere too much :D.

Queekvondrak
13-08-2011, 16:35
Here's a really stupid question, but I'm going to ask it any way. Are we posting completed models in September, or are we just putting WiP pics up and completed work in October. I remember being slightly confused last year.

Malorian
13-08-2011, 17:23
Here's a really stupid question, but I'm going to ask it any way. Are we posting completed models in September, or are we just putting WiP pics up and completed work in October. I remember being slightly confused last year.

You start painting in september. So WIP is all you would have for that month. Then in Oct you post your first set of painted models.

Mr. Shine
14-08-2011, 06:30
Well I've made (most of) the purchases to get me started on 1000pts of High Elves, and I'm going to need to have them painted at some point... so sign me up for Boys' League, High Elves!

Kaos
14-08-2011, 09:39
This thread made me get an army together last year so I thought that this year its time to add another 2000p to it so I have more choices.

Sign me up for WOC 2000p!

Cheers-Kaos

Heqir
14-08-2011, 18:37
Just got into the hobby and this looks like the perfect way to make sure that I keep at it, get my first army together and stay as pumped as I am now!

Sign me up for 2000 pts Warriors of Chaos, please!

Heqir

DAGabriel
15-08-2011, 07:52
Since Emperor Norton is joining i will try this, too. Sign me up for boy`s, cause i am involved in the ToTB, the ToSGP and the ToBGP, too.
Still have to decide if i will update my Khemri troops or start Empire.

Jonahmaul
15-08-2011, 09:33
The differnce between 1500 and 2000 isn't all that large.

I would like to push you to try and do 2000, but if not then just be a overly successful Boy ;)

True, but it would cost more money which is a concern at the moment! I've got a hydra to paint for the first month and I do probably have enough left over for one more month's worth but after that I'll have to buy everything! I am planning a dragon which is a lot of points though....Hmmm, I think I'll just see how it goes, aim for 2000 but possibly find it coming in lower.

dwarfhold13
15-08-2011, 16:33
After a year off of painting, and getting use to school and a kid, I've been picking up the brush more regularly, and also I have a goal of a 2500 pt. theme list for the year (before the next round of GT's).. I have no idea what I'm doing yet, but put me down for the men category, and I won't dissapoint this time.
I'll keep you posted on army.. but I'm torn between:
Dwarfs pending on new book
Witch elf Hellebron list
Wurzag savage orc list
or any variation of those two
thanks guys!
Jon

colonel kane trine
15-08-2011, 16:57
Been thinking can I sign up for men and boys tomb kings please?
300 a month should be easily doable

Jonahmaul
16-08-2011, 09:43
Hey folks, does anybody have or can anybody suggest a good place to get some wings as I want to convert some deamonettes of slaanesh into harpies as the harpy models quite frankly suck balls! I was thinking of some scourge or gargoyle wings, or maybe even some night lords backpacks which I can clip the wings off. I've found some gargoyle wings on eBay but they're my only option at the moment so if somebody has some wings lying around they want to trade or sell or can suggest alternative places then it'd be much appreciated.

Queekvondrak
16-08-2011, 12:55
I think thats a question for a different thread, but you can also use scourage wings that you can find on ebay that, in my opinion, look way cooler.

Malorian
16-08-2011, 17:23
List updated

Arkarn
16-08-2011, 17:38
After succesfully failing to get anything done last year, i think it's time i 'manned up'!!!

1000pts of Vampire Counts in the Boyz section please.

Much appreciated.

Kaos
16-08-2011, 18:31
Uhm, can i make a change Malorian? I want to change WOC to Dwarfs instead since that was what i promised my dad to do hehe.. Better do it then. And the points size.. hmm.. well. 3000 should be enough to play with.

Change me to Dwarfs 3000p!

Cheers-Kaos

Malorian
16-08-2011, 19:20
Uhm, can i make a change Malorian? I want to change WOC to Dwarfs instead since that was what i promised my dad to do hehe.. Better do it then. And the points size.. hmm.. well. 3000 should be enough to play with.

Change me to Dwarfs 3000p!

Cheers-Kaos

No problem.

reddevil18
16-08-2011, 19:33
Id like to sign up to boys WoC please :)
Hope to move up to men at some point

dwarfhold13
17-08-2011, 01:41
Malorian,
Definitely going with a savage ork theme, led by Wurrzag himself :) should be fun stuff!!!
doing 2500 and hopefully some pretty fun conversions :)

Jonahmaul
17-08-2011, 09:07
I think thats a question for a different thread, but you can also use scourage wings that you can find on ebay that, in my opinion, look way cooler.

I'm going to put something up in the Wanted forum but I've found when I've been after stuff or suggestions in the previous TOFP's that this has been a good place to ask as there's always loads of people in it and it tends to get checked more often. I do like the scourge wings but at the moment they're 2.50 a set on eBay which is a little excessive as it'll end up costing 40 for 10 harpies (although admittedly that's less than they cost now for the crap models but with the wings costing more than the deamonettes it seems steep). Also want to check that there's no other cool wings that I've not thought of!

CaptainFaramir
17-08-2011, 12:35
After my rather epic failure last year, could you please put me down for the much more managable:

BOYS - Warriors of Chaos

In the unlikely event that I am able to paint 200 points a month I will move up to MEN (TBC).

BigJon
17-08-2011, 14:51
Noticed you updated the list by I'm not on it. Musta missed me.
I would like to do Mens Gobllins, I may add Bretonnia to boys if my
Goblins get done faster then I plan.

BigJon

Malorian
17-08-2011, 15:04
Noticed you updated the list by I'm not on it. Musta missed me.
I would like to do Mens Gobllins, I may add Bretonnia to boys if my
Goblins get done faster then I plan.

BigJon

You're added now :)

The Yak
17-08-2011, 20:52
I would like to take an army to the 2012 Throne of Skulls Tournament. I think this is what I need to get the army ready in time. I can feel the pressure as I type this...

Sign me up for 2000 points of Averland Empire please Malorian.

Morglum Necksnapper
17-08-2011, 23:04
I'd like to join this year with 1000 points of snotlings.
Cheers.

Lord Dan
18-08-2011, 12:36
2000 Points of Sylvanians for me.

CaptainFaramir
18-08-2011, 13:28
I'd like to join this year with 1000 points of snotlings.
Cheers.

!!!!!

Explain.

Morglum Necksnapper
18-08-2011, 13:34
Well, I guess I've got some 1000 points worth of snotlings. Maybe I'll reach short of it, I don't know, I've never counted them. I want to paint the little buggers, some will be specifically for a forest goblin army, with snotlings riding spiders and howdahs on gigantic spiders to represent pumpwagons. I've also got some ideas to convert regular pumpwagons to have flappa's and stuff.

CaptainFaramir
18-08-2011, 13:44
Well, I guess I've got some 1000 points worth of snotlings. Maybe I'll reach short of it, I don't know, I've never counted them. I want to paint the little buggers, some will be specifically for a forest goblin army, with snotlings riding spiders and howdahs on gigantic spiders to represent pumpwagons. I've also got some ideas to convert regular pumpwagons to have flappa's and stuff.

Going out on a limb and saying this will be my favourite army of the Tale, right now!

Malorian
18-08-2011, 15:33
2000 Points of Sylvanians for me.

VC or Empire?

Spar666rawk
18-08-2011, 15:52
sing me up. 2000 pts of VC

Malorian
18-08-2011, 16:01
sing me up. 2000 pts of VC

I'm no Sinatra but I'll do my best...

"YoooOOOooouuu are signed uuuUUUuuuppp for vampire... COUNTS!!!"

Spar666rawk
18-08-2011, 16:59

hahahaha. ROFL. didn't realized what i wrote, just looked for little red - no red line - no need to read what I wrote :P

ok. can i be signup-ed (guess i already am) :)

Jonahmaul
18-08-2011, 21:48
Conclusive proof that Warseer definitely need a 'like' button!

Saulot
20-08-2011, 03:29
Hi Malorian, sign me up for 2,000pts. of Bretonnians. The Muster of Quenelles will finally ride to battle!! :p

DiddyKong
20-08-2011, 03:44
After last years utter and complete failure to do anything. At all. I'd like to try again, and hopefully my life won't pull any more nasty tricks.
I'd like to be signed up for 2000 points of Orc and Goblins please.

*edit, might have to update that to 4000 points please. so, men times 2....

Kaltheras
20-08-2011, 08:49
I recently moved and found a bag of unpainted metal Orcs and Goblins (late 80's and early 90's) deep in the recesses of my bitz, I would like to sign up for 1000 points (a boys submission) of O&G to help me keep up my motivation to paint them.
I also hope to continue on with my WoC and would like to sign up for a full men's 2000 points of them as well.

Rutgar
22-08-2011, 20:25
Sign me up for 1000 points of Lizardmen. I may upgrade to 2k at some point, if I turn out to be Mr Effective.

Here's a WIP of my army as it is now
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/Rutgar1/IMG_3619.jpg

There's still some work to do... ;)

Lord Dan
22-08-2011, 20:30
I love massive bitz boxes. While my initial reaction is "OH NO! ALL THE BROKEN MODELS!" I quickly start seeing little gems in bitz pile -a stegadon here, 15 baseless skinks there - and imagine all of conversion potential. That from the ashes that is the a broken, shattered bits pile might rise a might pheonix of an army full of thematic conversions and inspired painting.

I must say, that's a mighty fine pile of ashes you've got there. :)

Rutgar
22-08-2011, 21:22
I love massive bitz boxes. While my initial reaction is "OH NO! ALL THE BROKEN MODELS!" I quickly start seeing little gems in bitz pile -a stegadon here, 15 baseless skinks there - and imagine all of conversion potential. That from the ashes that is the a broken, shattered bits pile might rise a might pheonix of an army full of thematic conversions and inspired painting.

I must say, that's a mighty fine pile of ashes you've got there. :)

That's 2 Stegadons, 40 Saurus warriors, 20 Temple Guard, 2 Salamanders, 1 Slann, several other heroes, some Cold One Knights and some skinks. Who knows what will rise first... :D

Lord Dan
22-08-2011, 21:49
That's 2 Stegadons, 40 Saurus warriors, 20 Temple Guard, 2 Salamanders, 1 Slann, several other heroes, some Cold One Knights and some skinks. Who knows what will rise first... :D

Oh yes, mighty fine indeed.

EmperorNorton
22-08-2011, 21:50
I love massive bitz boxes.
I don't have a bitz box.
I have a bitz cabinet.
And I'm thinking about upgrading to a bitz walk in closet.

Lord Dan
22-08-2011, 21:51
I don't have a bitz box.
I have a bitz cabinet.
And I'm thinking about upgrading to a bitz walk in closet.

Are you in need of a room-mate?

EmperorNorton
22-08-2011, 21:58
Are you in need of a room-mate?

No, I'm in need of more room.
Although a live-in gaming buddy would be cool.

Lord Dan
22-08-2011, 22:02
No, I'm in need of more room.
Although a live-in gaming buddy would be cool.

See? I could just live in the bitz closet and come out when you want a game. Instead of rent I could build models for you while you're at work.

Mull it over.

gsmc
22-08-2011, 23:21
2,000 pts of skaven please

dwarfhold13
23-08-2011, 03:29
Sign me up for 1000 points of Lizardmen. I may upgrade to 2k at some point, if I turn out to be Mr Effective.

Here's a WIP of my army as it is now
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m557/Rutgar1/IMG_3619.jpg

There's still some work to do... ;)

dude.. you need about a quart of green paint, and a lot of devlan mud.. you could start a revolution... dump paint in.. shake a little to separate models and wait to dry, add devlan and shake!!!!

i'm getting really stoked about this tale.. stupid call of duty stole my attention for the past year.. along with school i had no time.. i'm swearing off video games and choosing the more therapeutic of the two.
i'm not going to lie though, i'm jumpstarting on my pile over here because i'm really going to take my time on these.. going for a very aborigine theme and the trolls will be painted like poison frogs.. even a giant in a tiki mask... but thats all i'm saying for now!!!

Malorian
23-08-2011, 22:08
List updated.

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm starting to get pretty excited/nervous about this tale.

It would be more excited than nervous if it wasn't for the fact that I'm still not done my 2K of nids in 7 weeks until midwat through Sept...

Doi
23-08-2011, 23:54
I'm feeling much the same.

I'm really excited about the prospect of painting three different armies at once (between here and the 40K side) but nervous about the start since I'm struggling to get the current TOFPs last month finished with uni work at the moment. Looks like I'll be finishing the current TOFP a week late and then having to play catch up with the new TOFP right from the start :p.

Doi

EmperorNorton
24-08-2011, 07:47
I'm mostly nervous, too.
I too have some trouble getting the last stuff finished and I can't bring myself to make some decisions I need to make before I can start on my army for this tale. Since it's not even assembled at this time it seems a bit daring.

Purplebeard
24-08-2011, 08:14
Hi all. I just realised that my Dwarves have no war machines and none of the brilliant character models I really want for them, nor an Anvil of Doom (such a good model). Therefore I need to paint some more stuff - put me down for another 2000pts of Dwarves please. As for the WoC, I will see how I get on, before deciding whether to go for 2000 or 4000pts.

CaptainFaramir
24-08-2011, 09:26
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm starting to get pretty excited/nervous about this tale.

It would be more excited than nervous if it wasn't for the fact that I'm still not done my 2K of nids in 7 weeks until midwat through Sept...

I'm actually feeling quite excited about it. Last year I tried the tale with very unrealistic expectations of my own painting speed.

This year, I have got a plan which involves me painting a couple of "expensive" models (e.g. Chaos Ogres) and a handful of "cheap" models (e.g. Maurauders) each month so that I don't try and paint 40 Marauders in a month (a la last year), fail miserably, get disheartened and give up.

I've planned out the painting schedule for the year and I feel it is very achievable, and I am really looking forward to it (In fact I might cheat a little bit and start this weekend - it's a bank holiday in the UK, which means a three day weekend. On the other hand it's also my 27th birthday (CUBIC BIRTHDAY!) so I may just lie in my own filth, hungover and watching all three extend LotR back-to-back).

DiddyKong
24-08-2011, 14:48
On the other hand it's also my 27th birthday (CUBIC BIRTHDAY!) so I may just lie in my own filth, hungover and watching all three extend LotR back-to-back).

Now, that's a birthday well done.

Mine will be spent painting ogres and waiting for gears 3 :D
Though i'll only have a day to wait, and get to play it on a new shiny gears xbox :D
Somewhat lax in comparison.

Now, I've been thinking, can I be signed up for another, yes, another, 2000 points? Making it 6000? Thanking you :evilgrin:

Malorian
24-08-2011, 20:55
Now, I've been thinking, can I be signed up for another, yes, another, 2000 points? Making it 6000? Thanking you :evilgrin:

6000 points is a LOT of greenskins...

I'm putting you down for it, and I personally know know what it takes to get that much done.

Please don't disappoint ;)

DiddyKong
24-08-2011, 23:12

I'm putting you down for it, and I personally know know what it takes to get that much done.

Thanks Malorian. I don't intend to dissapoint at all. All 6000points worth will be done :D
Famous last words much? :skull:

dwarfhold13
25-08-2011, 03:37

yeah.. i said that too.. i did manage on finishing something like 3500 though

Archis
25-08-2011, 04:10
Want to put me down for beastmen and wood elves under boys? I want to finish up my beast army then kick off some elves ;o)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bueno
25-08-2011, 09:50
Hi,

i can i sign up for boys with Beastmen and Tomb Kings,

thanks,

Ben

p.s. i might have to Joker the 1st month but thats just because I am moving house in Sept so might not be able to get much done.

Jonahmaul
25-08-2011, 10:47
I too am both excited and nervous about the start of the new tale. I've not really done any hobby stuff for a long time so hoping I can find enough time for painting two armies (one for each tale).

Malorian
25-08-2011, 14:08
List updated.

Gargobot
25-08-2011, 17:52
Boyish DoC for me please. :)

Purplebeard
26-08-2011, 14:40
Please upgrade my WoC to 2xMens - 4000pts. That'll still be less work than any other 2000pt army anyway....

Malorian
26-08-2011, 14:44
Please upgrade my WoC to 2xMens - 4000pts. That'll still be less work than any other 2000pt army anyway....

Are they going to have purple beards at least? ;)

Purplebeard
26-08-2011, 14:54
I am going to have A purple-bearded guy in there - its going to be my trademark! :D

Stretchit
27-08-2011, 19:27
Sorry but I'm going to have to withdraw from the tale :cries:. (I know and it hasn't even started :rolleyes:)

I've just got a place on a postgrad course for the next year and I'm not sure how much time I'll have. I thought it would be easier to wait and see how I settle into the first couple of months, then if things work out I can decide to rejoin. I'll be ticking along with stuff anyway and try to keep up a moderate pace with you all, hopefully I'll be back although probably with a smaller target.

I'll be watching you all from the sidelines :shifty: as I find it inspiring to see everyone progress.

EmperorNorton
28-08-2011, 08:54
Since the new armybook will eat away a good chunk of my points and I placed an order yesterday anyway...
Mal, would you please add 1000 points of Ogres on my part?

Although I wanted to concentrate on my Dark Elves, I think I can manage to paint one or two fatties per month additionally.

colonel kane trine
28-08-2011, 13:51
Im aiming to do a 4k army for my tale aswell as 2 fulcrums.
Im really looking forward to this!
Whats the most that someones ever managed to complete in the previous tales?

Malorian
28-08-2011, 13:56
Im aiming to do a 4k army for my tale aswell as 2 fulcrums.
Im really looking forward to this!
Whats the most that someones ever managed to complete in the previous tales?

Harry, EmperorNorton, and I have all finished in the 6K range before.

Not sure about others.

List updated.

colonel kane trine
28-08-2011, 14:00
Ok sign me up for 8k....

Walls
28-08-2011, 14:01
What the hell... I may have to use all my jokers right off the bat since I go for my honeymoon in October, but since it's a fellow Albertan running it...

Put me down for boys Empire.

Malorian
28-08-2011, 17:49
I'm having doubts... I may be switching to orcs and goblins... we'll see...

dwarfhold13
28-08-2011, 18:11
do it!!! come over to the green side
i must admit though, with how slow my pace will be i've kinda already started applying base coats.. i may only be able to get about 10 figs done a month at my pace.. oh well.. i'm determined!

who is taking a plunge on the new ogres?

Jonahmaul
28-08-2011, 19:05
colonel kane trine - 8K......

Mace1982
28-08-2011, 19:12
Ok time i got involved in some real community fun sign my sorry **** up

stick me down for a man sized portion of high elves please.

I may increase this but want to test my feet first cheers

colonel kane trine
28-08-2011, 19:17
Yep 8k its doable!
I can paint 50 models a weekend and tomb kings are super easy to paint anyway!

Doi
29-08-2011, 07:20
Harry, EmperorNorton, and I have all finished in the 6K range before.

Not sure about others.

Bluesabre finished just shy of 8000 points of Dark Elves in either the first or second TOFP IIRC.

Doi

Green Feevah!
29-08-2011, 08:15
Sign me up!

I'll be doing at least 2000 points of High Elves. Probably closer to 3000.

1st month's challenge: 20 Swordmasters

burni
29-08-2011, 14:17
Why do both tales have to start in the same month! :cries:

Just signed up for my first Tale (40k) and then saw this thread. I've never done a WFB army before but just ordered the new OK book as am quite taken with them (love the 'ice age' feel of them).

So I'm seriously considering going with a 'boys' OK pledge. However I'd almost certainly have to use a joker next month (and perhaps the one after) as what little spare time I will have will go into my Orks. Plus I've spent spent September's hobby budget on the OK book (and a pack of the gastromancy cards) so I can't even start building fatties until October!

I need to give this some more thought - when's the cutoff date for signing up?

EDIT: I've decided to just focus on the 40k one this time around - both time and money aren't exactly free flowing atm. Best of luck to everyone and I'll be watching the updates with interest!

Mr. Shine
29-08-2011, 21:54
I need to give this some more thought - when's the cutoff date for signing up?

I'm pretty sure you can sign up at any point during the tale, though earlier is obviously better! Maybe you could delay it a month or two, and aim for 750pts instead? Or just paint a little more each month you are active to make up the difference? :)

Just a couple more days! Exciting! Nerve-wracking!

someone2040
30-08-2011, 02:22
Just a couple more days! Exciting! Nerve-wracking!
Indeed!
I've got a LAN Fri-Sat, so first thing Sunday I'm gonna be getting out the miniatures and spray painting my first model I intend to paint for Storm of Magic.
Just have to decide whether i want to start with the Truthsayer,Dark Emmissary or Great Taurus.

Mr. Shine
30-08-2011, 02:49
I suppose I'll get cracking on getting my unit of 14 Sword Masters assembled and based so I can hit them with primer and get painting!

Or possibly pick up the box of White Lions I need to get the 1000pts all bought... and assemble them, plus the four extras I bought on eBay...

Or maybe get my 25 Sea Guard models assembled so I can get started on half of them...

Choices, choices!

unheilig
30-08-2011, 04:18
So its okay to do more than 200 points in a month? Because I need to have 2k done before the end of January, and 3k by May

someone2040
30-08-2011, 04:42
So its okay to do more than 200 points in a month? Because I need to have 2k done before the end of January, and 3k by May
I think just split up the army into roughly 2000 points and 1000 points and it should be fine.
That's what I did with my Beastmen last year. Was a bit of a pain because I kept going back and fiddling around with points values, whats my lord, whats not, etc.
But I guess in terms of book keeping the organisers know you're doing 3k points all up, rather than the listed 2k points for men.

colonel kane trine
30-08-2011, 05:33
Im going to start priming next weekend im aiming to get 39 skeletons+liche priest,khalida and 3 chariots done in the 1st month!

Jonahmaul
30-08-2011, 08:14
colonel kane - I think you're army is the one I'm most looking forward to seeing already! If you can stay in the Tale and get the full army paints it's going to be seriously impressive.

On a side note I'm getting shiny new toy syndrome and am really tempted to do an OK army as well. I suspect that doing three armies might become too much and one of them will fall my the wayside being as I have so little spare time already but I'm going to take the plunge and tentatively sign up with 1000k of OK as well please. They will be jokered for at least the first month though due to the fact that I can't afford to buy any yet!

Purplebeard
30-08-2011, 09:04
This tale sounds promising - 8000pts here, 6000 there. Might as well go all in guys :)

colonel kane trine
30-08-2011, 12:48
Keep me motivated jonahmaul lol
Im own nearly 5k of tomb kings that are currently sat unpainted on a shelf so I have to get them done!
I have worked out my scheme and done a test model so im set to go!
Expect 10 ushabti 9 nec knights 6 stalkers 100-200 skeletons and other joys!
I might try to beat 8k but for the time being il aim for 8k and see how it pans out!

colonel kane trine
30-08-2011, 13:14
Ok guys heres a sneak peek of my scheme tester model

Rikk
30-08-2011, 17:19
Ok sign me up for Men (Orcs and Goblins) please.
Have purchased an Arachnarok and savage orcs box to go along with giant and black orcs I haven't done yet.
This with some shaman's and characters and I think I should be fine :)

Avian
30-08-2011, 21:22
Sign me up too! I also have some Savages, Black Orcs, Giant, Shamans and things I need to paint. And TWO Arachnarok Spiders. :D

dwarfhold13
31-08-2011, 00:23
Sign me up too! I also have some Savages, Black Orcs, Giant, Shamans and things I need to paint. And TWO Arachnarok Spiders. :D

ha ha.. i wish i could get a buddy of mine to commit with his all spider orc army... he's got 3 arachnaroks!!
his list is more to make fun of the weaknesses of the orc spiders lol.. he's got a shaman on arachnarok, and all characters on gigantic spiders.. i think 8 in all! then everything else is spider riders and snotling bases using the tiny spiders that come with the arachnaroks instead... the list is truly horrible to play, as we all know those spiders are really just too easy to kill (and arent really cheap enough to bring enough)

Mace1982
31-08-2011, 08:05
1 day remaining, im actually really looking forward to this, I have been busy priming and checking over things and realised i'm missing certain intrinsic paints from my collection so placed an order today. Should have them shortly along with my basing materials till then i will hammer out what i can and touch up later :-)

Shadowcaptain EThren
31-08-2011, 08:19
Quick question before the tale begins, I plan on taking up two months to paint my general though he is only 229 points. ( Bretonnian characters are on the cheap side.) Will I have to play catch up since he is only 229 points or since he is my army general would that be okay to give him two months.
I plan on adding terrain to his mounts base and would rather take my time with that then rush to complete it in a month.

Jonahmaul
31-08-2011, 08:24
From my previous experience in the Tale I would say this is fine Shadowcaptain. Some months you will be over, some under but as long as it roughly averages out over the year it's fine (I'm planning on doing a dragon for my DE's which is going to be spread over 3 months).

colonel kane trine
31-08-2011, 12:16
Im going to have to do 500+ points a month to get to my target! I cant wait for the challenge to begin
Will there be 1 thread that we post everything in?

Mace1982
31-08-2011, 13:10
Well I'm hoping to nail out alot more than 2000 pts but at least if I say 2000 more is but a bonus :-)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=53.502194,-1.333645

Malorian
31-08-2011, 14:23
Will there be 1 thread that we post everything in?

Yup, 1 thread to rule them all.

I'm put it up first thing tomorrow morning (Canadian time).

Just a reminder thuogh that only WIP (work in progress) pictures should go up next month and then in October to post everything you painted in September.

colonel kane trine
31-08-2011, 14:33
Il post a few wip pics tomorrow then nothing until 1st oct
What about army lists and fluff? My 8k planned army list would make for a big post!

Malorian
31-08-2011, 14:52
Feel free to post your expected list now or in the next thread.

Saulot
31-08-2011, 14:56
I'm put it up first thing tomorrow morning (Canadian time).

OMG I feel so behind already! And there's this familiar tinge of panic.. Ahh... I really am back at TOFP! :D :D :D

Archis
31-08-2011, 14:56
Can you switch my boy wood elves to vampires? I can't resist using the garden of morr with undress crawling around

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

colonel kane trine
31-08-2011, 15:53
Ok here goes
Lords
Settra
Khalida
Khatep
Tomb king raseptra
Dragonhelm sword of bloodshed shield
Liche high priest mentuhotep
Level 4 book of ashur
Lords total=1693

Heroes
Herald nekaph
Prince apophas
Tomb prince rakaph dragonbane gem shield ogreblade warsphinx fiery roar
Tomb herald khufu
BAnner of hidden dead shield
Liche priest hakor
Level 2 dispel scroll steed
Necrotect raneb
Heroes total=1006

Core
6 chariots f/c
9 chariots f/c
8 horse archers
5 horse archers
32 horsemen f/c light armour
39 skeletons f/c
44 skeletons f/c
39 archers f/c
20 archers
20 archers
Core total=2516

Special
38 tomb guard f/c halberds
6 necropolis knights f/c
10 ushabti
4 tomb swarms
Warsphinx fiery roar
3 stalkers
2 tomb scorpions 3 carrion
Special total=2041

Rare
Hierotitan
Necrosphinx sting
Casket of souls
Rare total=545
Army total 8001

Great horned owl
31-08-2011, 16:10
Just in time before the tale starts.
Sign me in for 1000 points High Elves please.

So that would make me a .... boy??? I don't think my family will be happy if I change gender. But just for counting points it's ok.

Malorian
31-08-2011, 18:59
List updated.

colonel kane trine, that's a LOT of skeletons. I hope you have a dozen pots of white paint and/or a dozen cans of white primer ;)

colonel kane trine
31-08-2011, 21:22
Im going to use dheneb stone with a devlan wash :-P I have pots of dheneb waiting to go!
Im lucky that im a fast batch painter! I once finished 50 clanrats from sprue to fully painted in a weekend

Mr. Shine
31-08-2011, 21:23
Well it's the 1st of September for me, so I'm hopefully going to get busy tonight when I get home from work!

Bake a cake, base and assemble some more models... hopefully a chance to prime tomorrow after work or this weekend, and get painting my first unit, woohoo!

Mace1982
31-08-2011, 22:17
Ok not sure where to put this so i thought i would start here, its a tiny frustration but none the less a frustration, i picked up a bits bag from ebay basically cos it had a complete bolt thrower ( i won the auction for 5) now i sort the bits and discover it has almost 8 silver helms, i'm missing the horses 1 body 1 head and a few of the small icons that stick on the shoulders.

i went to multiple bits sites to price it up and to complete the unit its going to cost 13 including postage however brand new from like wayland its 15 absolutly gutted,

well anyways if any of you guys happen to have any of these bits im after maybe you can help me for a cheaper price than 13 :-)

Malorian
31-08-2011, 23:56
I feel for you Mace1982. I once bought a box of bret knights that had NO horses in it... well I didn't know I could bring the box back so I bitz ordered (back when you could) the horses.

Turns out that for the cost of the horses I could have bough a brand new box :rolleyes:

As for your situation, sorry I can't help.

Queekvondrak
01-09-2011, 00:37
colonel kane trine That is an obscene amount of tomb kings that sad part is that now i don't want add up the amount of points i have in skaven or vampires because it might make me die inside

Mr. Shine
01-09-2011, 02:03
Ok here goes

...snip...

Army total 8001

All I can say is "Better you than me!" and "Thank goodness for washes!" :p

dwarfhold13
01-09-2011, 02:34
Mace1982.. have you checked "hoard'o'bits" on ebay? i've bought from them before and they are pretty quick. see if you can find their name and look through their store to find the auctions containing what you are looking for.. most of the time on higher demand items they have a buy it now, and on the 'left over' bits they sell as a simple auction. same thing for empire, if you buy state troops then go to hoard o bits to buy 10 more bodies and 10 more heads and it's considerably cheaper than just buying another box of state troops... that is if you want to make both swordsmen and halberds.
man.. the starting line came up quick! i am in the hardest semester i will be in for my curriculum right now and falling behind.. but i'm going to stay on top of at least getting stuff done with painting.. it's a year goal, not a weekend thing!
check this out:

Physics 2102 (electrostatics and magnetics)
Calculus 3
ME Thermodynamics (notoriously the hardest class at LSU-30% pass rate)
Engineering Materials Science (basically chemistry with calculus)
ME Design (50 data entries on reverse engineering due in 3 months!!!)

Isaac Newton is making my life difficult this semester!

JohnnyG
01-09-2011, 09:18
Can I still sign up? I just registered this account, so that should count for something.

Anyway, Men's Skaven for me.

Rosstifer
01-09-2011, 10:56
Can I change mine from Beasts too Warriors? Little accident with the Beasts, so it'll have to be more of the spiky lads.

colonel kane trine
01-09-2011, 11:33
Will any of the ogre players in here be able to spare some ogre bits?
My armys going to be based on the crimson king fluff in the tomb kings book.
My tomb king raseptra will be the son of rakaph the 3rd in my fluff. Rakaph the 3rd was the son of imrathepis,the crimson king himself
Therefore I need trophies and theres also a chance of a fluff partnership if any ok player wants to be my arch nemesis the thunderhoof tribe :-P pm me if interested

Jonahmaul
01-09-2011, 13:06
Johnny G - never too late to sign up! Welcome to Warseer and welcome to the Tale.

Colonel - I might potentially have some spare bits although I'm only planning on doing a small army for the Tale and I am going to need bits myself as want to convert my characters seeing as most OK ones are very expensive and not great miniatures! What sort of stuff are you after? My army is going to be Nurgle themed so if you happen to have any Chaosy bits lying round I'd more be after that

colonel kane trine
01-09-2011, 13:27
I have a few chaos bits mainly warrior bits and a headless knight steed
Id only be after a few heads and maybe a standard

colonel kane trine
01-09-2011, 16:16
Wheres the thread :p I want to post already lol

Purplebeard
01-09-2011, 17:14
Patience. We need the 'ToFP 2010-11 Month 12' thread first!

colonel kane trine
01-09-2011, 17:58
Lol oh ok didnt know there was another thread to come 1st!
Ive been painting and will have 20 archers done by the weekend!

Malorian
01-09-2011, 17:59
New thread is up. I'm locking this thread.