PDA

View Full Version : VC storm of magic question.

Morax
06-08-2011, 16:13
If I field a Vampire Counts army, can I:

A-Field a Vampire pact with my monsters and magic allotment.

B-If I can field a vampire pact can I take the same special character twice, ie one Konrad from my army list and one from my pact list.

C-Can I include the same magical item twice, ie one helm of commandment from my army list and one from my pact.

Just a question that poped in my head as I was reading the book this morning. While I think I would be allowed to take a vampire pact I think it should be constrained by the normal rules for taking an army, ie no doubling up on magical items and special characters.

ArtificerArmour
06-08-2011, 17:24
If I field a Vampire Counts army, can I:

A-Field a Vampire pact with my monsters and magic allotment.

Yes.

B-If I can field a vampire pact can I take the same special character twice, ie one Konrad from my army list and one from my pact list.

Nothing says you can't, but your on rocky ground there as he's obviously a unique character and it all counts as "one" army.

C-Can I include the same magical item twice, ie one helm of commandment from my army list and one from my pact.

Same as above. It's all one army, so I would say no.

Just a question that poped in my head as I was reading the book this morning. While I think I would be allowed to take a vampire pact I think it should be constrained by the normal rules for taking an army, ie no doubling up on magical items and special characters.

Safe way to play. If it will cause a fuss, don't do it.

AM1640
07-08-2011, 05:08
Hi Morax,
I guess you might be able to have a pact with another vampire.
As far as taking another special character, nope. Only one per army. Same for the magic items unless it specifically states that you can take multiples.