PDA

View Full Version : "Banshee-Scream" - Semi-competaive (2,000)

thesheriff
06-08-2011, 20:43
Zup :D. Title says it all. Comment to follow...

Lords
*Vampire Lord, Ghoulkin, Summon Ghouls, Forbidden Lore (Death), Flayed Haeuberk, Talismain of Preservation, Vampirirc power of -1ld within 6" = 370

Heroes
*5 Banshees = 450

Core
*31 Ghouls w. Ghast = 252
*30 Ghouls w. Ghast = 248

Special
*3 Fellbats = 90
*3 Fellbats = 90
*3 Fellbats = 90

Rare

Either;
*Banshee + 4 Wriaiths = 275
*Banshee + 3 Wraiths = 225

Or:
*Terrorgiest w. Rancid maw, Infested = 250
*Terrorgiest w. Rancid maw, Infested = 250

Now, not sure which option to go for, but both give decent banshee scream options. Would like opinion on this. As well as the poll.

Now, basic plan, use ghoulkin to move and first turn scream important stuff. Lore of death uses doom and darkness to lower LD for extra pain. With decent magic, by my first shooting phase, depending on how much shooting i take, i will have 7 banshee screams, all at -4ld. Assuming i take all banshees, i will do 6 wounds, on average, per scream. with 7 of them, one unfortunate unit should take 42 wounds a phase against avergae LD 7. Alternativly, scream at -4 newters most monsters (Hydras, HPA's) :evilgrin:.

Deployment wise, lord in the slightly bigger unit of ghouls. Depending on the amount of magical missiles, magic shooting and ethereal killing stuff, the banshees will ride with the ghouls or float around on there own. They always get at least a 4+ "look out sir". So, they should be fine...:shifty:

Sounds fun. What do you think?

thanks in advance! :p

thesheriff

vinush
06-08-2011, 21:00
Do you still get IoN if you take loremaster of a different lore with your Vampire?

THE \/ince

thesheriff
06-08-2011, 21:18
Do you still get IoN if you take loremaster of a different lore with your Vampire?

THE \/ince

Yes. Thank god. Otherwise, i would have to take less Banshees' to get some raising power

nagash42
07-08-2011, 18:44
mmm don't you need banners? cause you have like none

thesheriff
07-08-2011, 18:59
mmm don't you need banners? cause you have like none

Good point. Prehaps i should drop the fellbats for 3 units of 20 zombies with banners?

Tomalock
09-08-2011, 05:27
I like the concept of this list, but I don't think you are going to be able to pull it off with this build. Due to the range restrictions you really need to be able to trap enemy units in combat to effectively concentrate your fire. The problem I see is that you don't have enough tarpit units to do that with and you are likely to find yourself swarmed and overwhelmed.

Like I said, I really do like the concept, but I just don't think you have enough frontline units to make it work. Something just doesn't feel right to me about the list. Have you had a chance to playtest it at all? I am curious how it works, especially once opponents understand fully the main strategy behind the build.