PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Orcs n' Goblins

Naxn
09-08-2011, 19:04
Transitioning from 40k orks to fantasy. This is my first list. I've only purchased 1 box of Savages so really, anything from the list is an option, I just need solid choices to start purchasing the rest of my army.

I'll mostly be facing Chaos (mostly warriors/chosen/couple shrines), but also Empire, and High Elves. However I'd like the list to be a made up of units I can use as an all-comers list for future since I'm just starting out.

LORDS:
Savage Orc Great Shaman -255-
Lvl 4, Shrunken Head

HEROES:
Savage Orc Big Boss -154-
BSB, Armor of Silvered Steel, Luckstone, Great weapon

CORE:
Savage Orcs - Big Uns (40) -475-
Boss, Musician, Standard, Extra Hand Weapons

Savage Orcs (40) -395-
Boss, Musician, Standard, Extra Hand Weapon

Night Goblins w/spears (60) -320-
Fanatics (3), Nets, Musician, Standard Bearer,

Special:
Savage Orc Boar Boys (9) -233-
Musician, Standard of Discipline, Spears, Shields

RARE:
Doom Divers (2) -160-

TOTAL: 1992

Comments, criticism, corrections are all welcome.

castlesmadeofsand
09-08-2011, 19:55
9 boar boys seems an odd number to run, you don't have two full ranks which means you can't break opponents ranks from flank charges. i'd consider reducing this to 6/7 and using the points left over to get some screening wolf/spider riders, which will stop you getting shot up and also being baited around. maybe consider swapping the banner for the flaming attacks banner as you've not got much that can take on regenerating monsters reliably (or any monsters come to that - a big stabber on the savage orcs might help that as well).

also think that you've got too many fanatics, they'll easily get drawn out, especially with no counter to opponents fast cav/flyers (again wolf/spider riders would be good here) and won't be hitting the opponents armored troops which is really the only thing worth hitting.