PDA

View Full Version : Fimir in WHQ: what size?

Ironmonger
09-09-2011, 04:56
So, I'm really, REALLY wanting to introduce some Fimir into WHQ with the quickness, but I was wondering what size to use? The earliest models/concepts, and the HeroQuest have them at roughly human size, where as the later "official" models, and the new SoM stuff has them at monstrous infantry size.

Thoughts?

Purplebeard
09-09-2011, 09:55
I'd go with the models - they are part of Chaos though, so the varied sizes should not be an issue. Maybe say the little ones are 'babies' or something.

Ironmonger
09-09-2011, 16:39
You'd go with... which models? The heroquest, or the bibby?

Yep, I was thinking about doing a mixture of the two, with the heroquest minis being the fimm, and the larger (they're not even that much larger, really!) representing the fianna fimm...

Daemonslave
09-09-2011, 23:33
Sounds good to me. Also if You want some other human sized Fimir, then Bloodmoon's Bog Raiders have a striking similarity ;)

Ironmonger
10-09-2011, 07:20
Sounds good to me. Also if You want some other human sized Fimir, then Bloodmoon's Bog Raiders have a striking similarity ;)

Oh, yes, I've been looking at those... ;)

BigRob
11-09-2011, 09:06
Shearl and Fimm can be done with the Heroquest models, Fianna and heroes can be done with the official GW models as they are bigger.

Opens up alot of fun adding the Fimir, mist rules, tail attacks, deamons and dark magic and every thing else (except the reproducing...shhhh)

Ironmonger
11-09-2011, 21:00
Yep, I was starting to think that after I had finished Flames Beneath Zharr-Niggarund, I'd work on an Albion expansion, maybe Cairns of Albion or some such. It'd be more difficult to actually have the board sections and monster info (as essentially everything is there already for the Chaos Dwarf expansion...).

Lots of ideas... ;)

Mr Proudhoof
11-10-2011, 19:44
I saw some images of Fimir in a Games Day thread (somewhere....) which made me wonder if there was the possibility of a new Hero Quest box. But then I read that there was an entry in the Storm of Magic set that has a Fimir character. I'm guessing they're making a model for it, which will be cool :)

Oakwolf
13-10-2011, 00:59
Your best bet would be to find the first edition of Warhammer Roleplay Book.

It was a thick paper brick, but it had information on Fimir and i remember they stated their size, unless my memory fails big time.

BigRob
13-10-2011, 10:47
Yup, along with WFB 3rd edition. In WFB 3 All fimir have a 40mmx40mm base.

Shearl and Fimm Warriors have slightly better than average man size stats (WS4 T5, W2, A2) but with a high points cost befitting thier base size.

Fianna are recorded as being an elite class (+3 Shock Elite) that is the same size as a Fimm Warrior.

Deamonomaniacs appear in WFRP and are equivilent in size to a giant.